Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

All inclusive holidays

Jump to newest

By *usman 199 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stockport

Was In Ibiza last week all inclusive. Watching people load there plates with a bit of sushi ,bit of lasagne curry sauce on the same plate. Strange habits us Brits.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

To be fair I eat like that when not on all inclusive . Last night's dinner was vegetarian sausage rolls, chips, breaded boursin mushrooms and vegetable gyozas with soy sauce .

By *otmyrealname99Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Be rude not to I think

By *handlerMonicaCouple
over a year ago

Leicester

"Was In Ibiza last week all inclusive. Watching people load there plates with a bit of sushi ,bit of lasagne curry sauce on the same plate. Strange habits us Brits. "

What else would you have for breakfast?

By *usman 199 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stockport

"Was In Ibiza last week all inclusive. Watching people load there plates with a bit of sushi ,bit of lasagne curry sauce on the same plate. Strange habits us Brits.

What else would you have for breakfast?"

By *ld StrumpetWoman
over a year ago

Telford

serve yourself all you can eat buffets for anyone is like putting your last death row meal on your plate

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

I found myself with octopus and roast beef on the same plate and eating my starter whilst the wife was still queuing. I’d much rather be served food from a menu one course at a time …until I’ve had fourteen heaped courses..

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

This is one of the reasons I don’t like all inclusive or all u can buffet restaurants. I have it in my mind that you can’t mix certain foods. Everyone always thinks that I’m the strange one!

Kx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ummm queuing, no thanks J x

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

We were in Greece a few years back all inclusive. Wine was average, beer undrinkable. Veg often tinned. Half the guests were Russian and they enjoyed it. One woman ate a mountain of prawns which was a sight to behold!

By *hill1965Man
over a year ago

Camberley

"We were in Greece a few years back all inclusive. Wine was average, beer undrinkable. Veg often tinned. Half the guests were Russian and they enjoyed it. One woman ate a mountain of prawns which was a sight to behold!"

I was in Egypt a few years back and the Eastern European’s (particularly Russians) piled food on their plates and then just grazed the food on it, yet still went back and goy more plates. Poor manners!

over a year ago

We just got back from Egypt, I did exactly this daily I don't even know why. Also had beer at 10am every day, wouldn't dream of doing that at home lol

Claire

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Mr had melon and beans one year for breakfast psychopath!

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I said to one of my children years ago an all u can eat is an offer not a challenge when they piled their plate so high! x

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Makes me feel sick when I see how greedy some folk can be.

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

I’d rather shit in my hands and clap

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I like to have small portions of different things from a buffet style dining room.

I can't eat much in one sitting though, so I have a small plate.

As far as I'm concerned someone can have the rest of my quota as long as they eat it all.

In Gran Canaria I was pleased they had brussel sprouts, but disappointed there wasn't any mash or roast potatoes to go with them, so I had rice and chicken.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Was In Ibiza last week all inclusive. Watching people load there plates with a bit of sushi ,bit of lasagne curry sauce on the same plate. Strange habits us Brits. "

Strange indeed, but love to get our moneys worth, whatever that may mean. "worth"... Now there's a concept.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"Makes me feel sick when I see how greedy some folk can be."

Me too! All that waste, it’s vile

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We've never been to an all inclusive resort but we have been to places where the meals are served buffet style. I don't like mixing certain food but at breakfast I'd get several plates with a variety of things on them. Same at dinner. I only took what I knew I could eat though but if I found I didn't like it I left it.

Since COVID the places we've been to were waiter service only but we found we were waiting longer at breakfast because they were rushed off their feet

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I've seen Americans load up with donuts and sausages on the same plate.

At breakfast.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I've seen Americans load up with donuts and sausages on the same plate.

At breakfast."

Making America great again

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"I've seen Americans load up with donuts and sausages on the same plate.

At breakfast."

Doughnuts and sausage or doughnuts and burgers are the most amazing combination.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I was at someone's house and the hostess made spaghetti Bolognese while the host drove to the chip shop to get several portions of chips to go under the spaghetti.

over a year ago

"I was at someone's house and the hostess made spaghetti Bolognese while the host drove to the chip shop to get several portions of chips to go under the spaghetti.

"

That might work for me actually, I'll have a think about it

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

I can never quite get why people do that especially when staying at a quality all inclusive hotel because, you can always go back for anything else that takes your fancy. You can even make a seven course dinner up by revisiting the buffet, and then it's not gone cold by the time you clear your plate.

By *ldershyguyMan
over a year ago

Mansfield

Best I've seen is mashed potato, mushy peas, black pudding all with a coating of ketchup...lovely.

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

We're not long back from an all inclusive holiday - the selection and quality of food was fabulous, it was great to try new things too, especially for the kids

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

It's the British way. There's a low cost carvery near me, and the amount people pile on their plates has to be seen to be believed.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I was at someone's house and the hostess made spaghetti Bolognese while the host drove to the chip shop to get several portions of chips to go under the spaghetti.

"

A britalian fusion dish?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

A britalian fusion dish? "

You could call it that.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

That might work for me actually, I'll have a think about it "

Noooooooo. Surely you'd fall into a carb coma

By *lay4RealCouple
over a year ago

London

"We just got back from Egypt, I did exactly this daily I don't even know why. Also had beer at 10am every day, wouldn't dream of doing that at home lol

Claire "

Same here. We just got back from Egypt. Had breakfast every morning unlike our normal routine. And drank hennessy almost daily again unlike my normal.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Just the thought is hell for me. So glad that when kids were young we took our caravan to France or Spain for holidays. Cooked great food and went to fabulous restaurants.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Noooooooo. Surely you'd fall into a carb coma "

Carb coma? Wasn't that a massive attack tune?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Noooooooo. Surely you'd fall into a carb coma

Carb coma? Wasn't that a massive attack tune? "

If it was I wouldn't know .

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

A britalian fusion dish?

You could call it that. "

Did you drink lambrini shandies with a cocktail umbrella?

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Was In Ibiza last week all inclusive. Watching people load there plates with a bit of sushi ,bit of lasagne curry sauce on the same plate. Strange habits us Brits.

Just the thought is hell for me. So glad that when kids were young we took our caravan to France or Spain for holidays. Cooked great food and went to fabulous restaurants."

I agree. All inclusive would be my worst nightmare. Did it in the Caribbean once but don’t fancy it anywhere else.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

A britalian fusion dish?

You could call it that.

Did you drink lambrini shandies with a cocktail umbrella? "

I think we drank pale ale, prosseco cocktails with an olive and a sausage on a stick

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

Now I'm missing the daily mango daiquiris...

By *iggingMan
over a year ago

Oldham

"We just got back from Egypt, I did exactly this daily I don't even know why. Also had beer at 10am every day, wouldn't dream of doing that at home lol

Claire "

Just been to Dominican and I did exactly the same...prowl round the pool bar waiting for 10am eat all sorts of stuff during mealtimes..I dont mind mixing stuff as long as I like it.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

A britalian fusion dish?

You could call it that.

Did you drink lambrini shandies with a cocktail umbrella?

I think we drank pale ale, prosseco cocktails with an olive and a sausage on a stick "

Pale ale and prosecco... Think I'm going to give that a go.... A bit Like a black velvet

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

I don't go AI. Most people say in the complex and don't see what the surrounding area has to offer, then the local business suffer.

Post new Message to Thread