Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What you mean you’ve thrown it away!!

Jump to newest

By *mMrbrightside OP   Man
over a year ago

wakefield

Had a bloke come in to work that did a job for me 3 years ago and he’d left one of his tools here. It wasn’t expensive just a clamp of some sorts, I phoned him at the time to tell him and he said he’s call in for it.

He’s just called in now to collect it and was furious that I haven’t kept it and thrown it away ????

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

I’ve still got a set of step ladders my decorator left last year, he was a right short arse so god knows what he’s been doing since - skirtings I imagine

Anyway they were better than my existing set so finders keepers

over a year ago

wakefield

"I’ve still got a set of step ladders my decorator left last year, he was a right short arse so god knows what he’s been doing since - skirtings I imagine

Anyway they were better than my existing set so finders keepers "

Oh that made me chuckle just doing skirtings

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

We had this once with a medical student who left a notebook and returned for it a year later and was surprised we no longer had it

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

Council workers left a good tape measure (as opposed to the crappy sewing measure I had been using) and delivery guys once left a really good sack barrow. Got a few quid for it as I recall

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I had a fence put up three years ago. The fencers wheelbarrow is still here.

It's been pretty useful, but does have a small hole in it, so will be off to the tip the next time I go.

(Unless someone else leaves welding gear lying around, in which case I'll give myself an industrial injury trying to cover it)

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My brother once found the person who sold him his flat in his hallway when he returned from work. The guy still had keys on him and he wanted to make sure he had emptied the attic properly.

He got told to fuck off and leave his keys on the counter.

over a year ago

wakefield

"My brother once found the person who sold him his flat in his hallway when he returned from work. The guy still had keys on him and he wanted to make sure he had emptied the attic properly.

He got told to fuck off and leave his keys on the counter."

Omg never thought of that, I bet loads of people have got spare keys for their old house

over a year ago

"My brother once found the person who sold him his flat in his hallway when he returned from work. The guy still had keys on him and he wanted to make sure he had emptied the attic properly.

The first thing I do when I move somewhere is change the locks and the toilet seats!

over a year ago

He got told to fuck off and leave his keys on the counter.

The first thing I do when I move somewhere is change the locks and the toilet seats!"

Yeah he changed the locks immediately don't know about the toilet seats!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Cheeeeeeeeky cunt!! Truth be told I'd have had the prick arrested. How?! Why?! In what world is that OK? Yeah fuck it I'll just go into someone else's house and have a mooch about.

Nope.

over a year ago

He probably should have called the police but it was the was the way the guy thought it was completely normal threw him.

More of wtf happened there than pure anger.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Technically, I don't think there's a criminal offence - it's trespass, which is civil.

However "This is my pool cue. I'm going to treat you as an aggressive intruder in 3...2...1..." would seem entriely justified.

If he had left something in the attic, tough. Ownership of whatever it was has been transferred.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If someone left something here they'd have a good chance of it still being in the 'keep it because it'll come in handy even if I never use it pile'.

Post new Message to Thread