Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Squats and booty

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I was told that I should be adding some weight on my shoulders to my squat to grow my booty even more cos .. fuck BBLs . As that’s apparently effective more than the simple squats. Is this true?

My concern is building muscles on my arms or shoulders. Like I really really don’t want that. I already do Pole dancing and I’m using way too much of my arms lol

at the moment I’m doing lots of pulsating squats, glute bridges, fire hydrant kicks and donkey kicks etc. but I don’t know if I keep this routine , they will eventually become ineffective?

Any tips on good squats. Send them my way!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

Back squat

Front squat

Overhead squat.

Oh and throw in some deadlifts.

I'll leave the programming to someone that knows you better.

I'd add the above into push / pull / legs routine to get 9 workouts in 14 days.

Brutal but effective.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Only add weight to the bar when you're comfortable. Adding weight to the bar won't increase muscle around your arms and shoulders as its just resting there so no need to worry about that.

Other ways you can build muscle in your glutes is by doing hip thrusters, kettlebell swings, lunges etc x hope this helps

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

You won’t add arm or shoulder mass by squatting

You need to add weight ti get a better bum

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

There's a guy called Dan John, he's been doing strength work for decades.

His logic and programming are awesome.

He's on insta, you tube etc.

Have a look.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Your glutes are a muscle and to make them bigger, you have to overload them eventually which means adding weight. The way a squat works anyway, you're not going to build muscle to your arms as you're engaging your core, glutes, quads, and your hamstrings to an extent.

If you're doing pole dancing though, I'm not sure what the effect is of building more muscle to your legs to your upper body strength.

over a year ago

"You won’t add arm or shoulder mass by squatting

You need to add weight ti get a better bum"

Like how much weight are we talking about?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Like how much weight are we talking about? "

It need to be challenging. 8-12 rep range ideally. So no set number.

over a year ago

Don't forget to squat over my face

over a year ago

"Your glutes are a muscle and to make them bigger, you have to overload them eventually which means adding weight. The way a squat works anyway, you're not going to build muscle to your arms as you're engaging your core, glutes, quads, and your hamstrings to an extent.

If you're doing pole dancing though, I'm not sure what the effect is of building more muscle to your legs to your upper body strength. "

To be fair Pole is very much about skin grip, even when pulling up, it isn’t pure strength pulling as usually skin from legs and thighs etc are helping a lot.

I’ve got flimsy arms and the only time I hate Pole is when I need to do conditioning and pull ups

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

Like how much weight are we talking about? "

Pay for a trainer they will guve you a glute program

I just started my new one for next 3 months.

over a year ago

Like how much weight are we talking about?

Pay for a trainer they will guve you a glute program

I just started my new one for next 3 months. "

Haha may have to, it’s more like a side thing than anything as I’m mainly focusing on Pole and yoga. But I do kinda want to work on my peach a bit more haha

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Squats are a great excercise but they're not that great for glutes, they build your quads more. Hip thrusts are much better if you want to lift weight. Walking lunges with a long stride are also pretty good. You can do them carrying dumbbells.

over a year ago

"Squats are a great excercise but they're not that great for glutes, they build your quads more. Hip thrusts are much better if you want to lift weight. Walking lunges with a long stride are also pretty good. You can do them carrying dumbbells. "

I heard bridges are pretty good too! X I don’t want quads …

over a year ago

You’re better off doing specific glute workouts than squats, Lilly Sabrii has lots on YouTube

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Squats are a great excercise but they're not that great for glutes, they build your quads more. Hip thrusts are much better if you want to lift weight. Walking lunges with a long stride are also pretty good. You can do them carrying dumbbells.

I heard bridges are pretty good too! X I don’t want quads … "

Bridges are decent. You can also do them with a barbell. You get a greater range of motion with hip thrusts though. Definitely get yourself a barbell cushion though or you'll bruise your hip bones

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

Glute bridges. Isolated glue bridges and weighted glute bridges are some of most effective exercises you can do. Either on floor flat or with a couch / bench to raise up

over a year ago

"Squats are a great excercise but they're not that great for glutes, they build your quads more. Hip thrusts are much better if you want to lift weight. Walking lunges with a long stride are also pretty good. You can do them carrying dumbbells.

Bridges are decent. You can also do them with a barbell. You get a greater range of motion with hip thrusts though. Definitely get yourself a barbell cushion though or you'll bruise your hip bones "

Im used to bruises ha im writing all down

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Bridges are decent. You can also do them with a barbell. You get a greater range of motion with hip thrusts though. Definitely get yourself a barbell cushion though or you'll bruise your hip bones

Im used to bruises ha im writing all down "

It bloody hurts to have the weight of a person (or 2 or 3) across your pelvis uncushioned though . I have seen people use a folded up yoga matt though if you don't want to commit to buying something specific if you're not sure you'll continue to do it.

over a year ago

It bloody hurts to have the weight of a person (or 2 or 3) across your pelvis uncushioned though . I have seen people use a folded up yoga matt though if you don't want to commit to buying something specific if you're not sure you'll continue to do it."

The weight a person???!!????

I was gonna start real light x but yeah I’ve got yoga matte and all

By *ymbunnyfitCouple
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Squats are just one of many exercises that help build great booty don’t be afraid to add weights. Slowly and at sensible increments on regular days I hit my lower body on a 3-2 split works for me but it’s not for everyone xx

over a year ago

Your pole exercise will add more muscle to your arms and shoulders than any squat will, promise.

over a year ago

Keep the weight light and do either time under tension or paused at the bottom for say 3 to 5 seconds

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Realistically it is going to be very hard to put on anything like an excessive amount of muscle without using artificial stimulants isn’t it?

I appreciate the fear of going muscle bound but the fact is that the vast majority of people in the gym who are doing things naturally are there for years with relatively little to show for it.

I wouldn’t be worried about getting muscle bound.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

It bloody hurts to have the weight of a person (or 2 or 3) across your pelvis uncushioned though . I have seen people use a folded up yoga matt though if you don't want to commit to buying something specific if you're not sure you'll continue to do it.

The weight a person???!!????

I was gonna start real light x but yeah I’ve got yoga matte and all "

The bar is already 20kg so even with the smallest of the bumper plates on (the ones that are bigger so the bar is higher off the floor) that's already 40kg. You can easily thrust quite large weights. I started on 50kg the very first time and found I could do 70kg no problem. I can now 160kg. By comparison I can squat 60kg so I'm not crazy strong or anything .

You can start with kettle bells if you wanted to do lighter but I found you don't really feel anything. You can get a burn if you do them super slow but that's more fatigue than anything.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Realistically it is going to be very hard to put on anything like an excessive amount of muscle without using artificial stimulants isn’t it?

I appreciate the fear of going muscle bound but the fact is that the vast majority of people in the gym who are doing things naturally are there for years with relatively little to show for it.

I wouldn’t be worried about getting muscle bound. "

This. There a millions of teenage boys killing the selves daily in the gym. Eating protein shakes 3x a day and lifting until they turn purple. All while having full balls and testosterone pumping through their body

Do you think your gonna accidentally

gain too much muscle?

over a year ago

"Realistically it is going to be very hard to put on anything like an excessive amount of muscle without using artificial stimulants isn’t it?

This. There a millions of teenage boys killing the selves daily in the gym. Eating protein shakes 3x a day and lifting until they turn purple. All while having full balls and testosterone pumping through their body

gain too much muscle? "

I don’t know but it’s like my worst nightmare

I never ever had any muscle on my upper part and Id like it to keep it that way

over a year ago

"Your pole exercise will add more muscle to your arms and shoulders than any squat will, promise."

I find Pole more to do with skin grip on the steel and coreo than actual lifts. But anyway x

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

gain too much muscle?

I never ever had any muscle on my upper part and Id like it to keep it that way"

You will. Gaining muscle is very hard, even for men in their physical peak

Muscle doesn’t just come out of thin air when you lift too. Your body needs something to make muscle from. That’s excess calories. That’s why guys bulk.

Even if you bulked and lifted crazy hard 5 times a week, it might take months on consistently lifting hard and eating a lot to see any difference

Don’t over think it, you won’t accidentally turn into a body builder

By *oolkoupleCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire

Definitely worth adding hip thrusts into your routine if you're after booty growth. And consider a coach to help you build a solid training programme and ensure you're really working those muscles.

And hi from a fellow pole dancer and weight lifter.

By *astesLikeMagicWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

If you want to grow your ass then yes you'll need weight adding instead of bodyweight.

Use a Smiths if you don't wanna lift that weight overhead.

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

Squats and deadlifts are an ass's best friend

over a year ago

Mine is perkier since I started doing pilates a few years back & kettlebells.

over a year ago

gain too much muscle?

I never ever had any muscle on my upper part and Id like it to keep it that way

You will. Gaining muscle is very hard, even for men in their physical peak

Muscle doesn’t just come out of thin air when you lift too. Your body needs something to make muscle from. That’s excess calories. That’s why guys bulk.

Even if you bulked and lifted crazy hard 5 times a week, it might take months on consistently lifting hard and eating a lot to see any difference

Don’t over think it, you won’t accidentally turn into a body builder "

Well I just measured my arms/biceps and they are like 10” around, so quite skinny x I guess I won’t turn into the hulk anytime soon

over a year ago

"Squats and deadlifts are an ass's best friend "

Yes sir! X

over a year ago

Essentially volume you in truth don't have to move alot weight, more weight plus more meals with a bit more protein will slowly cause a build up in glutes muscles etc a key thing to think about is you want that muscle under tension for long periods of time that's why high volume works plus you will slowly progress in weight over time

You probably don't need to worry bout arms getting bigger as it will be minimal

over a year ago

"Essentially volume you in truth don't have to move alot weight, more weight plus more meals with a bit more protein will slowly cause a build up in glutes muscles etc a key thing to think about is you want that muscle under tension for long periods of time that's why high volume works plus you will slowly progress in weight over time

You probably don't need to worry bout arms getting bigger as it will be minimal

"

Meant to say an extra meal or smth maybs just more healthy focused smackin to build into a meal cos you will have to eat more as you will be burning more so I would recommend try to eat more than calories burned at gym during lifting with focus on protein as a good small goal to help but honestly just eat lil more and don't stress bout specifics of eating train well look at vids on YouTube and formulate a plan of easy progression and has weights able to increase and rep increase and time increase to make it progressable

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/06/22 10:33:54]

By *otNewMan
over a year ago

Nearby

Want a booty? Play rugby. My ass is huge from it!!

over a year ago

"Want a booty? Play rugby. My ass is huge from it!!"

Can you see me playing rugby

By *otNewMan
over a year ago

Nearby

"Want a booty? Play rugby. My ass is huge from it!!

Can you see me playing rugby "

It's a game for all shapes and sizes!!

Post new Message to Thread