Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Kegal

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who has any advice on exercising or divices to help?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I use an app called Kegel Trainer. There are different levels you can do and you can choose how often you them in a day and you can set reminders so you don't forget

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Hey OP. You need to make sure you're doing them correctly, devices can help but not if you're not engaging the right muscles (pelvic floor). There are guides online with helpful advice like breathing normally during it (lots of people hold their breath), making sure you're holding them for the correct amount of time.

I use Ben Wa balls as well. One, because I'm oddly proud at how small and heavy a glass ball I can carry about without it shattering in Sainsburys when I cough. Two, it's easier for me if I can feel something and actually lifting it.

You can buy devices which help or download apps to remind you to do them.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thank you.

I've been researching alot but I think that has just confused me more. I just want to know I'm doing it right and not just making the whole situation worse.

I would go to my gp but I dont think I'll get very far

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Definitely go to the GP. They usually refer you to a women's physio who can make sure you're doing the exercises correctly but will also suggest other core strength exercises.

Post new Message to Thread