Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gross things on TV

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know that it's all like cardboard sets and stuff, but there's some stuff that genuinely grosses me out.

Like when people get into bed with shoes or outside clothes on. Or when they lay all over public toilet floors or hug public toilet bowls when throwing up.

Or when people never say hi or bye when answering/hanging up the phone. That's just gross manners.

Am I the only one?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

The shoes on the bed thing is a big one for me! It's so grim

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Boris Johnson. There’s nothing worse than him on TV.

By *otmyrealname99Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Embarrassing Bodies they can't be that embarrassed if they're on TV with the green smelly toes

over a year ago

Sure, laying on public floors hugging public toilets is only a thing that happens in movies

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Dirty soles on female actors feet after they've been walking round on set all day.

over a year ago

"Sure, laying on public floors hugging public toilets is only a thing that happens in movies "

Yeah we found one of our friends p assed out on a pub toilet floor and I was like "Damn, I love you. But you naaaasty".

over a year ago

You're not the only one. I hate people kissing in costume dramas because all I can think about is the lack of oral hygiene in whatever time period the it's set in. And seeing people have sex? Bleurgh!

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

Couples in bed who have clearly had sex in the script but when they get out from under the duvet to leave, they have underwear on. Plain wrong, sack the continuity checker lol.

over a year ago

"The shoes on the bed thing is a big one for me! It's so grim"

Even just in the house generally. The amount of arguments I used to have about it with my third year housemates at uni

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"The shoes on the bed thing is a big one for me! It's so grim

Even just in the house generally. The amount of arguments I used to have about it with my third year housemates at uni "

Outdoor shoes definitely. Same with family when they visit. Apparently I'm the prick for want them to take their nasty shoes off

By *otmyrealname99Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Aww. It's a clean freaks meet up in the making!

Make sure you all bring those plastic overshoes workmen put over their boots in the house though.

over a year ago

Even just in the house generally. The amount of arguments I used to have about it with my third year housemates at uni

Outdoor shoes definitely. Same with family when they visit. Apparently I'm the prick for want them to take their nasty shoes off "

Lol that reminds me of a story my best friend told me once about the first time he came over when we were just newly friends. He was like "you were being really awkward for about 10 mins and kept looking at me weirdly, then when I asked if everything was okay you just quietly went "umm would you mind taking your shoes off please?" it must make me uncomfortable on a deeply subconscious level

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"I know that it's all like cardboard sets and stuff, but there's some stuff that genuinely grosses me out.

Like when people get into bed with shoes or outside clothes on. Or when they lay all over public toilet floors or hug public toilet bowls when throwing up.

Or when people never say hi or bye when answering/hanging up the phone. That's just gross manners.

Am I the only one? "

I hate it when Schofield is on TV. Vile thing.

Not much else though.

C

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Outdoor shoes definitely. Same with family when they visit. Apparently I'm the prick for want them to take their nasty shoes off

Lol that reminds me of a story my best friend told me once about the first time he came over when we were just newly friends. He was like "you were being really awkward for about 10 mins and kept looking at me weirdly, then when I asked if everything was okay you just quietly went "umm would you mind taking your shoes off please?" it must make me uncomfortable on a deeply subconscious level "

over a year ago

"Aww. It's a clean freaks meet up in the making!

Make sure you all bring those plastic overshoes workmen put over their boots in the house though."

Orrrrr just take your shoes off?

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

When there's a lovely breakfast spread and the character ends up taking one bite of toast and leaving for the day. What a gross waste of food

over a year ago

"Couples in bed who have clearly had sex in the script but when they get out from under the duvet to leave, they have underwear on. Plain wrong, sack the continuity checker lol."

I keep my lingerie on most of the time tbh

over a year ago

"You're not the only one. I hate people kissing in costume dramas because all I can think about is the lack of oral hygiene in whatever time period the it's set in. And seeing people have sex? Bleurgh! "

Ugh yeah and when they're all covered in like dirt and shit but have sex anyway. That HAD to have led to at least a UTI.

over a year ago

"When there's a lovely breakfast spread and the character ends up taking one bite of toast and leaving for the day. What a gross waste of food"

OMG yes. Or just not eating in general. This annoys me so much on The Big Bang Theory; they always have the most delicious looking food but just twirl it on their forks or push it around their plates?!

By *otmyrealname99Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"When there's a lovely breakfast spread and the character ends up taking one bite of toast and leaving for the day. What a gross waste of food

OMG yes. Or just not eating in general. This annoys me so much on The Big Bang Theory; they always have the most delicious looking food but just twirl it on their forks or push it around their plates?! "

it'll all be cold by the time they get to it. Eating it would be miles worse

over a year ago

"When there's a lovely breakfast spread and the character ends up taking one bite of toast and leaving for the day. What a gross waste of food

OMG yes. Or just not eating in general. This annoys me so much on The Big Bang Theory; they always have the most delicious looking food but just twirl it on their forks or push it around their plates?!

it'll all be cold by the time they get to it. Eating it would be miles worse"

You reckon? In the lunch scenes they often have sandwiches, salads or cold pasta salad. Clearly I've spent a lot of time thinking about this

Idk just seems like a massive waste to me. They're always such huge portions too.

Post new Message to Thread