Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What topic makes you uncomfortable?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Mine is race. I hate talking about it. But yet I can’t stop

Also talking about sex with platonic friends or family. My family are so conservative especially.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Making people uncomfortable?

In

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Politics

Disability stuff, mainly because I anticipate backlash

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Weight. Specifically mine.

By *romagefraisWoman
over a year ago

Sunderland

Talking about the 10 local kids that killed that lad.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Politics

Disability stuff, mainly because I anticipate backlash "

Why do you expect backlash due to disability?

By *hunkymonkey81Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

Definately Religion i try to stay well clear

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Politics and Religion

over a year ago

Poverty, hate the conversation because poverty in the uk isnt real there is just people who make poor choices and people that make good choices.

over a year ago

"Politics

Disability stuff, mainly because I anticipate backlash "

Relatable

over a year ago

"Making people uncomfortable?

In "

my girl

over a year ago

"Poverty, hate the conversation because poverty in the uk isnt real there is just people who make poor choices and people that make good choices. "
there’s still time to delete this

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

The topic of justifying an open relationship based upon the dynamics of co-parenting a disabled child.

over a year ago

"Weight. Specifically mine."

Yeah I get that. I get why that would be uncomfortable. I used to get comments from my Nan all the time when I’d come home from uni and now we don’t speak but I’ve already internalised all that shit.

over a year ago

"Talking about the 10 local kids that killed that lad."

over a year ago

I am a firm believer in freedom of speech and I have learned to live by it.

As of now, it's not the topics which make me uncomfortable. It's the people. It's not the people who have views opposing to me. It's the people who would resort to personal attacks, even if they are arguing on my side.

over a year ago

"Definately Religion i try to stay well clear"

I hear that.

I don’t mind talking religion personally. I find it pretty easy to navigate and I learn lots. But I equally see why it can be really difficult especially if it goes down certain avenues.

over a year ago

"Politics and Religion "

Noted. Won’t mention either of these on our next date.

over a year ago

"The topic of justifying an open relationship based upon the dynamics of co-parenting a disabled child."

Yeah this would be tough. People are so judgemental already as well I bet navigating this conversation is so tough.

over a year ago

Nothing really I'll talk about anything they might not like my answers but always happy to chat.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Nothing really. Only if a conversation gets to a point where I’m out of my depth. I don’t tend to have many debates as such unless I know what I’m talking about on the subject. As for normal conversations I can’t think of anything.

over a year ago

The itch I have.

over a year ago

"I am a firm believer in freedom of speech and I have learned to live by it.

As of now, it's not the topics which make me uncomfortable. It's the people. It's not the people who have views opposing to me. It's the people who would resort to personal attacks, even if they are arguing on my side."

I hear this. I feel similar. Talking about race doesn’t make me uncomfortable. Nor does talking about sex. But the responses you get or considering the responses you might get do. Around people I trust I feel comfortable having discussions about these things though we don’t always agree.

over a year ago

Mental health. I’m not really educated on it so can’t challenge people but you hear some really shitty opinions about mental health.

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
over a year ago

Markfield

"Mine is race. I hate talking about it. But yet I can’t stop

Also talking about sex with platonic friends or family. My family are so conservative especially. "

As ridiculous as it sounds, taking about the parking in my street gives me massive anxiety at the moment!

over a year ago

Heterosexuality…whenever it’s spoke about around me I just feel so uncomfortable. Maybe it’s the years of comphet idk but yeah I avoid it at all costs

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I don't mind talking about race. Actually I quite enjoy it. I'm quite lucky that I've friends and family who are fairly open to having those discussions though. Do you know what makes me really, really uncomfortable? Talking about how I feel. About others. Or about me. I end up clamming up or waffling or just... avoiding the question. Discussing the other person.

over a year ago

Can't say anything much really. I have opinions on many topics and find it interesting having various discussions.

Yep I'm comfortable talking about most things.

By *utdooorsyguyMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Trying to explain the reasons for some of my tattoos

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Talking about family to non-family members. They'll ask questions and pretend to understand but they can't, really.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Menstruation

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Clickbait never makes me uncomfortable and most of the topics already mentioned don't either because they have all been endlessly discussed and debated and argued on here.

Individual comments make me more uncomfortable than thread topics.

A discussion about fab friendships can be triggering and uncomfortable when some people give advice or discuss how wonderful and sound others are while you know from experience that it's all made up and they are feathering the nest while hurting so many others.

Now that I think of it though, be nice threads make me uncomfortable for the same reasons as above.

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

Nothing if someone asks me a question I will answer anything to the best of my ability or knowledge

over a year ago

On here? Nothing really. If it's a topic where I feel completely out of my depth I just won't comment.

In real life, anything involving harm to children.

over a year ago

"Clickbait never makes me uncomfortable and most of the topics already mentioned don't either because they have all been endlessly discussed and debated and argued on here.

Individual comments make me more uncomfortable than thread topics.

A discussion about fab friendships can be triggering and uncomfortable when some people give advice or discuss how wonderful and sound others are while you know from experience that it's all made up and they are feathering the nest while hurting so many others.

Now that I think of it though, be nice threads make me uncomfortable for the same reasons as above. "

The be nice threads just make me cringe.

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

Talking about my needs when I know the other person won’t/can’t deliver.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Me. I don't like to talk about it.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"As of now, it's not the topics which make me uncomfortable. It's the people."

I agree with this. Happy to talk about most things but only with those that can actually debate, not those that freak out at any opportunity.

over a year ago

Ex wife talking about giving it another go,

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I’m not what you’d call uncomfortable talking about anything really.

I have views and opinions about most things , as do others, and I’m comfortable about having good discussions.

The time I keep my opinions to myself is when I can’t be arsed with the grief, not that I’m uncomfortable.

over a year ago

Religion, and/or people being religious around me

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Discussing woollen undergarments makes me feel uncomfortable.

over a year ago

Also discussing other people's success when it makes me feel bad about myself and I have to pretend to be happy for them. I don't even care how shitty and childish that makes me sound.

over a year ago

North West

"Politics

Why do you expect backlash due to disability? "

Because I've been told I should be grateful for small mercies too many times, and too many people seem to think it's okay for spaces not to be disability accessible, e.g. "but it's an old building" etc.

over a year ago

"Politics

Why do you expect backlash due to disability?

Because I've been told I should be grateful for small mercies too many times, and too many people seem to think it's okay for spaces not to be disability accessible, e.g. "but it's an old building" etc."

I hate discussing my disability too. People always say ‘well it could be worse’ and ‘others have it much worse’ and ‘well be grateful’ why should I be grateful at spending my entire life in physical and emotional pain?

over a year ago

"Nothing really. Only if a conversation gets to a point where I’m out of my depth. I don’t tend to have many debates as such unless I know what I’m talking about on the subject. As for normal conversations I can’t think of anything. "

I think this is the same for me .. Or if the other person is aggressive in their POV /attitude

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The topic that most recently made me uncomfortable was when my dad (95) asked me what lesbians do, sexually. I freely admit I said I didn't know.

over a year ago

"The topic that most recently made me uncomfortable was when my dad (95) asked me what lesbians do, sexually. I freely admit I said I didn't know."

Scissoring.

over a year ago

North West

"The topic that most recently made me uncomfortable was when my dad (95) asked me what lesbians do, sexually. I freely admit I said I didn't know."

Did you not recommend some educational websites for him?!

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

It turns out talking about TG people with transphobes makes me very uncomfortable

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

See I would have just said not penis dad, not the penis

over a year ago

Football (because we all think we support the best team) & politics

over a year ago

"It turns out talking about TG people with transphobes makes me very uncomfortable "

Same. And it makes me exhausted; both physically and emotionally.

over a year ago

I wouldn't say that topics make me uncomfortable as such.

However any conversation to with economics or how businesses are operated I find difficult to have sometimes. Especially if I'm having it someone that's coming from a republican/conservative/libertarian frame of mind.

Talking to Jordan Peterson fans (about him - I'm not a fan) I also find aren't easy conversations.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Reminds me of when (god knows how it came up!!) my mum said about anal sex “men and women don’t do that though”. I said yes mum some do. And she said oh god don’t tell your dad .

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Nothing. I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether I agree with it or not. You can learn something from most discussions. Although I have no patience for people who don't seem to think it's acceptable for others to hold differing opinions and/or can't debate calmly and rationally...repeating the same thing over and over isn't going to get me to change my mind, it's just going to make me think you're a bit of a twonk.

over a year ago

"Nothing. I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether I agree with it or not. You can learn something from most discussions. Although I have no patience for people who don't seem to think it's acceptable for others to hold differing opinions and/or can't debate calmly and rationally...repeating the same thing over and over isn't going to get me to change my mind, it's just going to make me think you're a bit of a twonk. "

....you're in the wrong place then

over a year ago

Politics, its something that should be personal. I keep my beliefs personal and generally if politics come up within a conversation ill typically leave the area/table/room or wherever. I find it brings the worse out in people.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Politics. Money. Religion. Single Parents/Benefits.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"Nothing. I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether I agree with it or not. You can learn something from most discussions. Although I have no patience for people who don't seem to think it's acceptable for others to hold differing opinions and/or can't debate calmly and rationally...repeating the same thing over and over isn't going to get me to change my mind, it's just going to make me think you're a bit of a twonk.

....you're in the wrong place then "

*dons rose-tinted glasses*

In the good old days there used to be people on here who didn't get the hump and start making personal attacks just because you said Blur was better than Oasis

By *anilla switchWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

Thrush…

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Nothing. I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether I agree with it or not. You can learn something from most discussions. Although I have no patience for people who don't seem to think it's acceptable for others to hold differing opinions and/or can't debate calmly and rationally...repeating the same thing over and over isn't going to get me to change my mind, it's just going to make me think you're a bit of a twonk.

....you're in the wrong place then

*dons rose-tinted glasses*

In the good old days there used to be people on here who didn't get the hump and start making personal attacks just because you said Blur was better than Oasis "

There certainly was

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"The topic that most recently made me uncomfortable was when my dad (95) asked me what lesbians do, sexually. I freely admit I said I didn't know.

Reminds me of when (god knows how it came up!!) my mum said about anal sex “men and women don’t do that though”. I said yes mum some do. And she said oh god don’t tell your dad . "

There was also the time when my aunt was in use late 70s and asked me what a clitoris was for. I also told her I didn't know

By *aughtynottsCouple
over a year ago

Outside Nottingham

Religion I’m so opinionated on it I can’t stop myself once I get going then I realize I’ve literally gone off on one

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"The topic that most recently made me uncomfortable was when my dad (95) asked me what lesbians do, sexually. I freely admit I said I didn't know.

Scissoring."

I had no desire to explain that to him

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Did you not recommend some educational websites for him?! "

No! I dread to think what rabbit hole that would have lead me down

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Reminds me of when (god knows how it came up!!) my mum said about anal sex “men and women don’t do that though”. I said yes mum some do. And she said oh god don’t tell your dad .

There was also the time when my aunt was in use late 70s and asked me what a clitoris was for. I also told her I didn't know "

. They say kids make you laugh with what they come out with but it’s the same with older people too

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

See I would have just said not penis dad, not the penis "

I never, ever want to discuss lesbian sex with my father...EVER

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

There was also the time when my aunt was in use late 70s and asked me what a clitoris was for. I also told her I didn't know

. They say kids make you laugh with what they come out with but it’s the same with older people too "

Yep! I did wonder afterwards if she'd only just discovered they were a thing and felt a bit sorry.

over a year ago

. They say kids make you laugh with what they come out with but it’s the same with older people too "

Reminds me of when my mum first learned about what Tinder is really used for and then started using it as an adjective. "Ooh, she looks a bit Tindery..."

By *lueFireCouple
over a year ago

just somewhere around here

"Poverty, hate the conversation because poverty in the uk isnt real there is just people who make poor choices and people that make good choices. there’s still time to delete this "

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I wouldn't say that topics make me uncomfortable as such.

However any conversation to with economics or how businesses are operated I find difficult to have sometimes. Especially if I'm having it someone that's coming from a republican/conservative/libertarian frame of mind.

Talking to Jordan Peterson fans (about him - I'm not a fan) I also find aren't easy conversations.

"

Jordan Peterson himself makes me very uncomfortable. I don't know why.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

. They say kids make you laugh with what they come out with but it’s the same with older people too

Reminds me of when my mum first learned about what Tinder is really used for and then started using it as an adjective. "Ooh, she looks a bit Tindery..." "

over a year ago

Thanks all

over a year ago

"Poverty, hate the conversation because poverty in the uk isnt real there is just people who make poor choices and people that make good choices. there’s still time to delete this "

over a year ago

I have no filter.

over a year ago

North West

See I would have just said not penis dad, not the penis

I never, ever want to discuss lesbian sex with my father...EVER "

Oh, my Dad informed me recently that he and his (much younger) Spanish lady friend are now just friends, not lovers. I knew they were anyway, but it didn't need reinforcing

over a year ago

North West

Reminds me of when my mum first learned about what Tinder is really used for and then started using it as an adjective. "Ooh, she looks a bit Tindery..." "

You laugh, but "to Google" appears to be a verb and various other such examples. Your mother is quite possibly at the vanguard of the evolution of the English language

over a year ago

Nothing....

By *al kalMan
over a year ago

london

When friends have opened up about mental health challenges and and dealing with trauma.

Over time I have become a better listener.

over a year ago

Periods ..just struggle with concept of it and yes I know its natural amd normal just my head can't comprehend how hits normal

over a year ago

North West

"Periods ..just struggle with concept of it and yes I know its natural amd normal just my head can't comprehend how hits normal"

How periods are normal?!

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Technically everything. Talking to people makes me anxious because I'm always terrified of putting my foot in it. But also nothing is off limits to me, like someone else said, I'm happy to talk about anything as long as people don't get personal.

P

over a year ago

"Technically everything. Talking to people makes me anxious because I'm always terrified of putting my foot in it. But also nothing is off limits to me, like someone else said, I'm happy to talk about anything as long as people don't get personal.

P"

I hear you, P! I see you.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

Nothing what so ever makes me uncomfortable. Things either are logical or not logical in process for me with conversations Feeling I guess you would call it doesn’t factor in most of the time for me with topics of discussion

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Technically everything. Talking to people makes me anxious because I'm always terrified of putting my foot in it. But also nothing is off limits to me, like someone else said, I'm happy to talk about anything as long as people don't get personal.

P

I hear you, P! I see you.

"

Always love for you Steve

P

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Poverty, hate the conversation because poverty in the uk isnt real there is just people who make poor choices and people that make good choices. "

over a year ago

"Periods ..just struggle with concept of it and yes I know its natural amd normal just my head can't comprehend how hits normal

How periods are normal?! "

Everyone got that one thing that they can't deal with .. this is one of mine

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Upbringing.

over a year ago

Person questions about my life

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

On here, nothing as I’ll just avoid the subject.

In real life it’s ‘why do you cross dress ?’ I get fed up having to explain it and why I can’t just stop.

It’s ok with someone who’s sympathetic but the majority of the times it with someone challenging you.

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

Genders, to be completely honest I get kinda of lost with all of them these days. I don't want to insult someone by saying something wrong.

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Nothing. I can take either side in a debate with ease as well. I basically love debate.

C

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Genders, to be completely honest I get kinda of lost with all of them these days. I don't want to insult someone by saying something wrong. "

Join me. I am happy to insult people.

C

By *orthmanMan
over a year ago

Kendal

I find it most uncomfortable when you sit on a topic that's full of hazelnuts. Ouchie.

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

"Genders, to be completely honest I get kinda of lost with all of them these days. I don't want to insult someone by saying something wrong.

C"

ah i dont want to upset anyone its not my way

Its nice to be nice

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Genders, to be completely honest I get kinda of lost with all of them these days. I don't want to insult someone by saying something wrong.

Cah i dont want to upset anyone its not my way

Its nice to be nice "

I'm nice to people who earn it. The rest I am largely indifferent with.

C

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Poverty - absolutely very real in this country ridiculous comment to make when there are literally people dying through lack of food! Not healthy food ANY food

Being from a dysfunctional family - those who aren’t just don’t get it at all

Illness/disability - Yep! People think they are entitled to question and challenge without considering that by even asking certain questions or in certain ways they’re being offensive and even subtly accusing you of “faking it” (lots of conditions are variable across days/weeks/months even years)

On a (slightly) lighter note - economics as I’m TERRIBLE at maths. I can just about get my head around the basics but when they’re on about interest rates and inflation etc I really don’t understand the details of how it all works and feel stupid!

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

" Illness/disability - Yep!"

I didn't think of this one, but I'm generally not comfortable talking about autism, unless in a professional sense.

These days, such discussions often prove the old adage that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Too many people have watched Atypical on netflix, read a book, heard a TED talk, or watched a movie and gone on to presume that they now know autism.

over a year ago

Religions the ideology is annoying.

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

" Illness/disability - Yep!

I didn't think of this one, but I'm generally not comfortable talking about autism, unless in a professional sense.

These days, such discussions often prove the old adage that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Too many people have watched Atypical on netflix, read a book, heard a TED talk, or watched a movie and gone on to presume that they now know autism. "

Not autism but a similarly misunderstood condition with lots of clichéd representations in tv/film/books - so I hear you!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

No topic makes me feel uncomfortable anymore to be honest. What can make me uncomfortable is the people I'm talking with.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Too many people have watched Atypical on netflix, read a book, heard a TED talk, or watched a movie and gone on to presume that they now know autism. "

I won’t discuss that with anyone unless they are dealing with it in their every day lives. If they aren’t they know absolutely nothing. They have no idea and aren’t even entitled to an opinion in my view.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

By *he love catsCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

Disabilities, people are often quick to judge tutting, sighing, glaring etc and it gets to the stage when you just can't be bothered explaining anymore.

over a year ago

North West

Isn't it interesting how many of us dislike talking about disability related stuff (various)?

I've lost count how many people expect a potted medical history from me, within the first two or three words we exchange.

"Hi, I'm Enid"

"Hi Enid, I'm Mrs KC, nice to meet you"

"So why are you in a wheelchair? You look too young/doesn't look like anything is wrong with you [delete as appropriate]"

Me:

I've been tempted to get a few 1-side A4 handouts of my (really not exciting) story or perhaps my GP records?!

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Isn't it interesting how many of us dislike talking about disability related stuff (various)?

I've lost count how many people expect a potted medical history from me, within the first two or three words we exchange.

"Hi, I'm Enid"

"So why are you in a wheelchair? You look too young/doesn't look like anything is wrong with you [delete as appropriate]"

Me:

I've been tempted to get a few 1-side A4 handouts of my (really not exciting) story or perhaps my GP records?!"

I’m shocked people actually do that! I wouldn’t dream of asking someone why they’re in a wheelchair. I know you from here of course and if I didn’t know why and I met you at a social there’s no way I’d ask!

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Tattoos

Ricky Gervais says it best. The only thing you can really say about someone’s tattoos is “yeah that’s wicked ennit” no matter how awful they are. And the worse they are, the more they wanna show them off. It’s always an awkward position trying to fake it

over a year ago

North West

"Isn't it interesting how many of us dislike talking about disability related stuff (various)?

"Hi, I'm Enid"

Me:

I've been tempted to get a few 1-side A4 handouts of my (really not exciting) story or perhaps my GP records?!

I’m shocked people actually do that! I wouldn’t dream of asking someone why they’re in a wheelchair. I know you from here of course and if I didn’t know why and I met you at a social there’s no way I’d ask! "

LOADS of people ask. On the bus. In the supermarket. In the queue at Café Nero. Etc. And they expect a reply, not a polite version of "mind your own beeswax".

I don't have a thrilling story about falling off a mountain or a motorcycle crash or whatever, so they're invariably disappointed if I do give any information

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Science. I simply don't grasp it and have little time to entertain it making me seem (aptly) small minded and closed to learning.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Hi, I'm Enid"

Me:

I’m shocked people actually do that! I wouldn’t dream of asking someone why they’re in a wheelchair. I know you from here of course and if I didn’t know why and I met you at a social there’s no way I’d ask!

LOADS of people ask. On the bus. In the supermarket. In the queue at Café Nero. Etc. And they expect a reply, not a polite version of "mind your own beeswax".

I don't have a thrilling story about falling off a mountain or a motorcycle crash or whatever, so they're invariably disappointed if I do give any information "

Wow. People really are so nosey! I get it when I park in a disabled bay with my youngest (which I don’t do often). People ask me why I’m parking there?!! Wtf! Like it’s any of their business. I wouldn’t dream of doing that.

over a year ago

It depends who I’m talking to.

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

Religion and politics I tend to stay away from them unless I’m having a conversation with close friends/family ..

over a year ago

North West

"Hi, I'm Enid"

Me:

I don't have a thrilling story about falling off a mountain or a motorcycle crash or whatever, so they're invariably disappointed if I do give any information

Wow. People really are so nosey! I get it when I park in a disabled bay with my youngest (which I don’t do often). People ask me why I’m parking there?!! Wtf! Like it’s any of their business. I wouldn’t dream of doing that. "

Yeah, I get that when I'm pulling into blue badge spaces, before I've got out (on crutches) to get my wheelchair out of the boot. People obviously judging because what they see above the steering wheel is a woman in her 30s, often with a 5yo in the car... Balls to them!!

By *eadchefski1970Man
over a year ago

Milton keynes

Politics and religion oooh no thank you

over a year ago

Sex. Ewww.

over a year ago

Loss losing

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi, I'm Enid"

Me:

I've been tempted to get a few 1-side A4 handouts of my (really not exciting) story or perhaps my GP records?!"

My stuff generally falls into “invisible disability” category so I get challenged/judged on having disability travel passes and using the disabled seating, toilets when necessary etc (don’t always use disabled toilets depends on where the “normal” ones are if I can access them) and of course on not working and being on benefits when I’m unable to work.

Still so many people who think they are entitled to judge and comment

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

None.

However , some peoples opinions on certain subjects make me uncomfortable for the future.

over a year ago

North West

"Hi, I'm Enid"

Me:

My stuff generally falls into “invisible disability” category so I get challenged/judged on having disability travel passes and using the disabled seating, toilets when necessary etc (don’t always use disabled toilets depends on where the “normal” ones are if I can access them) and of course on not working and being on benefits when I’m unable to work.

Still so many people who think they are entitled to judge and comment "

My gym PT (who obviously looks super fit etc) has epilepsy and can't drive. He's had words with train conductors who've asked him about his right to a disabled rail pass! It's fecking ridiculous!

I hope you are doing okay at the moment, Vamp

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"Hi, I'm Enid"

Me:

My gym PT (who obviously looks super fit etc) has epilepsy and can't drive. He's had words with train conductors who've asked him about his right to a disabled rail pass! It's fecking ridiculous!

I hope you are doing okay at the moment, Vamp "

Grinds my fucking gears when people ask loudly about my reasonable adjustments at work. I then get the ah well you would never know you have so and so! And you hide it so well. I don’t hide it just leave me alone and stop fecking talking about

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi, I'm Enid"

Me:

So many ignorant people about, my daughter also disabled (not the same conditions) but looks young, slim, healthy, mobile (for the moment thankfully) and has similar nonsense! Ridiculous!

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi, I'm Enid"

Me:

Sorry meant to say I’m not too bad at the moment- waxes and wanes as many peoples health does, I’m better in spring and summer as cold damp weather makes me worse

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi, I'm Enid"

Me:

I hope you are doing okay at the moment, Vamp

Grinds my fucking gears when people ask loudly about my reasonable adjustments at work. I then get the ah well you would never know you have so and so! And you hide it so well. I don’t hide it just leave me alone and stop fecking talking about "

Exactly! Nobody else’s business

over a year ago

Compliments make me uncomfortable. I typically give compliments where it's due, but I always feel awkward when I get complimented as I don't see myself as deserving of said compliment.

Post new Message to Thread