Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Death

Jump to newest

By *parkle1974 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

We all know it's inevitable, we can't escape or run from it.

Do you fear death or is it more you fear in which manner it may occur?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Oh, we don’t speak about my greatest fear anymore. I’m scared to death of dying. …

*joking aside. Yes, This is my only phobia.

By *willfindyouWoman
over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

it will be peace in my head xxx

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

I fear others dying more than my own death.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Oh, we don’t speak about my greatest fear anymore. I’m scared to death of dying. …

*joking aside. Yes, This is my only phobia. "

Ditto. Have never made my peace with mortality

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I very nearly did 2 years ago. I don't fear it, I fear the impact it would have on my children.

over a year ago

At times I don't fear it but would welcome it

Don't necessarily want to die but don't care if something happens

over a year ago

Just the manner of death, not death itself. I have seen some pretty unpleasant ways to die.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"I fear others dying more than my own death. "

___

"it will be peace in my head xxx"

Both of the above.

over a year ago

I don’t want a long, drawn out and painful death. I’ve seen that in relatives and it breaks your heart. We put animals down to ease their misery, but let some humans endure such intolerable prolonged demises.

Also, as Estella said above, I really fear some others dying more than my own demise. And similarly I hope they go peacefully.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No, it doesn't scare me.

over a year ago

When my cats are no longer alive,I'd quite happily join them.

over a year ago

Leeds

In my profession, I've had the privilege of being there as someone takes their last breath (even when it hasn't been so peaceful) I think I've become desensitised to my own demise x

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I've no fear of death.

I've watched a few people decline with dementia, that's something I'd rather not happen.

over a year ago

I must say for the longest time death truly frightened me. Losing my Father suddenly at the age of 13 was a watershed moment in my young life, it was a traumatic event.

My father was here one minute, then he was gone the next. I can say now though, I do not fear death.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I don't fear being dead at all. I think it will be no different to being in the state I was in before I was conceived.

I am nervous about the transition from life to death. It could be painful. I may not have done the preparations I need to to leave my loved ones what I have, because I know that will help them. Luke

over a year ago

We are all going to die (though if you had met some of my customers you do wonder), I'm just curious as to what will get me first. Not afraid, it will be too late for me to worry about it. So I'm just going to keep going till I don't.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I welcome the loving embrace of nothingness

over a year ago

I actually fear getting old more than death. I hate the idea of not being capable of doing the things I love later in life.

over a year ago

I’m scared of how final it is sometimes. Sometimes I want it to come and take me immediately and give me peace. Is what it is

By *ersiantugMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Fear itself is fear of death. The greatest thing we have to conquer is our fear. --pt

over a year ago

I do not fear death but I fear that I had not cleared my search history before death

By *entDomMan
over a year ago

Paddock Wood, Kent

I hope they've got Fab in the next life. Could be there a long time

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Defenitly the last of my worries

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I won't be able to fear it when it happens and i'll spend the time i've got focussed on life thanks ......

I cannot choose when or how I die ( sans suicide ) but I can choose how I live each day.

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

As long as I know nothing about it happening then I don’t care when it does, I could die in my sleep tonight and that would be fine, it’s the pain of death that I don’t want.

over a year ago

Nope i fear nothing when i go what comes after will be happiness i got my i.o.u for the next life and im not letting anything get in the way of my reward

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

... or cake?

By *MattyMan
over a year ago

Naked coffee house near you - Wiltshire - Swindon

I was scared to death of it (pardon the pun) but whilst laying in a cardiac unit last year I made my peace with it and the enevitable. We can worry about it or we can live and get on with it is my mantra now xxx

By *hortarseWoman
over a year ago

Norfolk

I don't fear death but I fear leaving my child with know one to take care of her.

By *vasexperimentWoman
over a year ago

huddersfield

This is now a fascination I’ve spent far too long studying

I can’t get enough on NDE accounts

( Near Death Experience)

I’ve watched hundreds

over a year ago

I think Richard Dawkins said it best....

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here.

The instant at which a particular spermatozoon penetrated a particular egg was, in your private hindsight, a moment of dizzying singularity. It was then that the odds against your becoming a person dropped from astronomical to single figures.

The lottery starts before we are conceived. Your parents had to meet, and the conception of each was as improbable as your own. And so on back, through your four grandparents and eight great grandparents, back to where it doesn’t bear thinking about.

This is another respect in which we are lucky. The universe is older than a hundred million centuries. Within a comparable time the sun will swell to a red giant and engulf the earth. Every century of hundreds of millions has been in its time, or will be when its time comes, ‘the present century’. Interestingly, some physicists don’t like the idea of a ‘moving present’, regarding it as a subjective phenomenon for which they find no house room in their equations. But it is a subjective argument I am making. How it feels to me, and I guess to you as well, is that the present moves from the past to the future, like a tiny spotlight, inching its way along a gigantic ruler of time. Everything behind the spotlight is in darkness, the darkness of the dead past. Everything ahead of the spotlight is in the darkness of the unknown future. The odds of your century being the one in the spotlight are the same as the odds that a penny, tossed down at random, will land on a particular ant crawling somewhere along the road from New York to San Francisco. In other words, it is overwhelmingly probable that you are dead.

In spite of these odds, you will notice that you are, as a matter of fact, alive. People whom the spotlight has already passed over, and people whom the spotlight has not reached, are in no position to read a book… What I see as I write is that I am lucky to be alive and so are you.”

By *MattyMan
over a year ago

"This is now a fascination I’ve spent far too long studying

( Near Death Experience)

I’ve watched hundreds

"

is that not just our sub-concious playing tricks on us under meds on the table though?

over a year ago

I think I am more afraid of leaving my boys behind.

And I fear dying alone.

By *MattyMan
over a year ago

"I think I am more afraid of leaving my boys behind.

And I fear dying alone. "

I think you are not alone there, the biggest fear is leaving others alone or not preparred i think x

over a year ago

Snap

By *el13ABCMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

Having died twice I now don't worrie about it its going to happen one day so live life

By *vasexperimentWoman
over a year ago

huddersfield

( Near Death Experience)

I’ve watched hundreds

is that not just our sub-concious playing tricks on us under meds on the table though? "

No there are lots of studies actually

Plenty by doctors / psychiatrists and scientists

Recorded at stages of no brain activity or cardiac output as shown on mri

Sam Parnia and various others including Rupert sheldrake are interesting

I find it all quite thrilling

I started after an extremely traumatic event and it’s lead me to seek many different views / experiences

over a year ago

I’m not scared of death, I just don’t want to be there when it happens.

over a year ago

"I don’t want a long, drawn out and painful death. I’ve seen that in relatives and it breaks your heart. We put animals down to ease their misery, but let some humans endure such intolerable prolonged demises.

Also, as Estella said above, I really fear some others dying more than my own demise. And similarly I hope they go peacefully."

Would you use some place like Dignitas? Or assisted dying to ensure you didn’t suffer?

By *MattyMan
over a year ago

( Near Death Experience)

I’ve watched hundreds

is that not just our sub-concious playing tricks on us under meds on the table though?

No there are lots of studies actually

Plenty by doctors / psychiatrists and scientists

Recorded at stages of no brain activity or cardiac output as shown on mri

Sam Parnia and various others including Rupert sheldrake are interesting

I find it all quite thrilling

I started after an extremely traumatic event and it’s lead me to seek many different views / experiences

"

I may have to look more into this. I always held the view that the body in its state of aneasthetisia on the table and the body being in an induced vegatatative state led to this happening, almost hallucinogenic if you like xxx

By *urvytreatWoman
over a year ago

somewhere nice

I fear 2 things, having a long painful death, or dying before my hubby, the thought of not being with him doesn’t bare thinking about

over a year ago

Having died twice previously (albeit very brief) from life threatening illness as a child I've come to a conclusion.

I don't fear death, death fears me!!

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

[Removed by poster at 19/06/22 15:46:31]

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

I (Mr) have no fear of death.

It's more how I die that I wish I could control.

If we all had a set time then got switched off then that would be far better in my book.

Dread being starved to death in a nursing home until my organs finally give up.

No thanks, give me the pink drink any day.

over a year ago

Truth is tho none of us can really know until faced with the reality

By *utdooorsyguyMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I don't fear death as such, it's inevitable and cannot be avoided.

I do fear dying alone though, the thought of that make me very sad but hopefully I've got a few years left in me yet!!!!

over a year ago

I think we should all be offered the Toblerone Tour when I quality of life declines

over a year ago

I'm not fearing death but I am fearing the reality of what my death will look like and that terrifies me.

Spontaneous human combustion or falling meteorite would be lovely

over a year ago

I wouldn't want a long drawn out painful death like my dad or my friend had. As for the fear of death. I'd take comfort in the poem. One day time will die and love will bury it.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Having lost my dad, all 4 grandparents, an elder sibling, an aunt and uncle, both godparents and 2 cousins all before I turned 22 and quite a few others since, I have seen enough death to prevent me from ignoring my own demise.

I was a carer for some of those from the age of 12 and that death by slow motion is not something I would wish on anyone or to experience myself.

The shock of having someone taken suddenly without warning is difficult to cope with but in the long run preferable.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I fear my small peoples hearts breaking over my death

By *utdooorsyguyMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Aww, reading that actually made me feel a little sad..... And I don't even have any little people of my own!!!

over a year ago

I don't care about me as such, just the people that depend on me being left with no one.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I defo fear it. I fear it for me and for others.

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

I would say I fear it as I'm the last of my family. My brothers died realtively young, mid 50's and very early 60's. I have passed the age one of them died, the next hurdle is 62.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I very nearly did 2 years ago. I don't fear it, I fear the impact it would have on my children. "

^^^This. I dear the impact on my children and Mr KC.

over a year ago

I am afraid of the way I will die. Painless death is fine.

About death itself, I am more sad than scared. I love exploring life, universe and everything. I am sad about the fact that I will die before getting answers to most of my questions.

over a year ago

It's the great equaliser. I do think about it, I'm not sure I fear it. I've come to the conclusion that it's best to see that life is an opportunity to see/do/experience as much as possible. That's what I intend to do

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"We all know it's inevitable, we can't escape or run from it.

Do you fear death or is it more you fear in which manner it may occur?

"

I fear neither. Out of my control.

C

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Yes I fear it.

I watched my husband die. It was nothing short of horrific. It was peaceful, quick, or like they show it on tv.

It’s utterly devastating for those left behind, and I’ve brought my children up navigating through the grief and all that comes with it. It breaks my heart to imagine them going through it again

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

Being pagan I don’t fear death, however I am trying to postpone it for as long as possible.

Like many, when I was young and stupid I thought I was invincible. Now I’m older and hopefully wiser I realise I’m not as everything aches and it takes forever to recover from injuries.

By *inballs99Man
over a year ago

Blackheath

I have died once and they resuscitated me then 3 following times they called my wife to hospital because they didnt think i would last till next morning !

You cant reasonably change when you DIE my only thoughts were what a wouldnt be around to see and be part of and that is a pretty shit thing to have in your head!

I cant say id i will ever not have this feeling or thoughts !

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"Yes I fear it.

I watched my husband die. It was nothing short of horrific. It was peaceful, quick, or like they show it on tv.

It’s utterly devastating for those left behind, and I’ve brought my children up navigating through the grief and all that comes with it. It breaks my heart to imagine them going through it again

"

*it wasn’t

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

I had a bit of a NDE a few years back whilst scuba diving. I almost resigned myself to it but thankfully my buddy was on hand to help. I still get a few moments of rising panic every time I descend but happy that I could push through it.

I think drowning would be one of the worst ways to go as the brain is active for sometime after everything else shuts down.

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

"Yes I fear it.

"

I’m really sorry, I feel for you and others in the same situation. Death is always hard for those left behind.

I saw many of my opos killed, being there and seeing it happen stays with you , and in many cases ( myself included) it messes you up .

And then losing most of my family when I got home tipped me over the edge for a while.

It’s a dark path , but when you have love ones and friends to help . There is light at the end ( sorry if that sounds too corny)

over a year ago

"I don’t want a long, drawn out and painful death. I’ve seen that in relatives and it breaks your heart. We put animals down to ease their misery, but let some humans endure such intolerable prolonged demises.

Also, as Estella said above, I really fear some others dying more than my own demise. And similarly I hope they go peacefully.

Would you use some place like Dignitas? Or assisted dying to ensure you didn’t suffer?"

Aye, I reckon I would if I was about to start a painful end of life scenario. Some don’t get the chance, of course, and are struck down and incapable suddenly and have to live the rest of their lives like that. If I have all my mental faculties and that was an option open to me, I think I would. And plan some proper goodbyes.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've seen people who are ready to die give up their life easily. Therefore I have no wish to die before I'm ready and I'm not yet ready.

over a year ago

I don't fear death anymore. I'm just as at peace with not being here than being here. The worlds fucked anyway so when my time comes, I'll take it.

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I'm not scared of death as long as I die like my grandad, nice and peacefully in his sleep............................was a shame about his 52 passengers !

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

I’d go happily smothered by sparkles’s breasts safe in the knowledge that she could perform CPR and revive me

over a year ago

I can’t wait personally

over a year ago

Leeds

"I’d go happily smothered by sparkles’s breasts safe in the knowledge that she could perform CPR and revive me "

Ohh brings a whole new meaning to edging

over a year ago

I nearly killed myself by accident one night years ago and somehow never had a mark on me

and I think the Grim Reaper has been chasing me ever since

afraid of death no

over a year ago

Nah, certainly don't fear it. Often wonder how long I have & how it will happen though.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

It’s hard to think of being non existent.

Eternity will pass in a flash and then…..nothing.

Not an empty nothing but a complete nothing where the Universe fades into a sea of cold particles…

I have always mourned my eldest sister who died aged 8 when I was nearly two.

The thing is because my parents were busy with her hospital appointments before I was born I was surely conceived at a different time compared to if they at been home without worry.

Still with me? Another birth and very likely another child meaning I wouldn’t ever have been born. Or would I, perhaps as a girl older, younger?

Strange thing life.

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"I’d go happily smothered by sparkles’s breasts safe in the knowledge that she could perform CPR and revive me

Ohh brings a whole new meaning to edging "

It definitely would have made flatliners more interesting

over a year ago

"I think I am more afraid of leaving my boys behind.

And I fear dying alone. "

I would choose dying alone rather than have my loved ones watch me die slowly.

over a year ago

Age scares me, loosing 'abilities'.

I have sleepless nights worrying about age.

over a year ago

"Yes I fear it.

"

x

over a year ago

"I very nearly did 2 years ago. I don't fear it, I fear the impact it would have on my children.

^^^This. I dear the impact on my children and Mr KC. "

This sums it up for me too.

By *ocksareoffMan
over a year ago

Out n About

I wouldn't say I fear death, I just hope it's quick and painless. But more Importantly I hope that my kids don't see me croak.

over a year ago

Petrified of cancer. Don’t really fear dying, just don’t want to leave my 2 young children without a dad.

My friend passed away from a brain tumour a few years ago and left behind a loving young son. That broke me.

Shit myself every-time i have a persistent headache or lump somewhere!!!

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Death doesn't scare me ive died once and got brought back after a bad accident, ive held the hands of many people dying in my last job who had no families...

over a year ago

I'm scared of how I die. I work with people who are end of life.

I've just come home from a shift where a lady with dementia has forgotten how to swallow. She can no long eat or drink. It is unsafe for us to try and assist her with food or fluids. She will slowly ease away now.

Another man, was living a perfectly normal lifestyle, had a stroke and now can not move or speak. I'm not afraid of dying. I just wish it to be quick and free from being a burden on those I love.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

There have been 2 people in my block of flats that have sadly passed away from things that I've had (pneumonia, pulmonary embolism)...

I think death fears me

Post new Message to Thread