Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Summertime sadness

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else get depressed in this kind of sunny weather?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep, I hate it. Passionately.

over a year ago

"Yep, I hate it. Passionately."

Knew I could count on you

over a year ago

"Anyone else get depressed in this kind of sunny weather? "

Not directly as a result of the summertime, but I have a chronic health condition that is much worse in the heat.

I have read though that it is a thing.

Sorry you are feeling that way

over a year ago

"Yep, I hate it. Passionately.

Knew I could count on you "

I actually do though, sunny days always make me sad.

By *ingo00Man
over a year ago

Cowley

Hot and bothered certainly, not sure about depressed. Happy to chat if anyone wants to talk about it

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Yep, I hate it. Passionately."

Same

I am not a person to be around in these temps

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Being a Redhead, I don't like it. Seeing nearly everyone with their golden tans makes me so envious. I'm either Casper white or bloody Sebastian red!!!

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Yeah, it's genuinely making me miserable. Well, more miserable than usual anyway

over a year ago

"Yep, I hate it. Passionately.

Knew I could count on you

I actually do though, sunny days always make me sad. "

Same. I'm actually overwhelmingly sad and anxious tonight.

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

No, I'm more brought down by days that are dark by four o'clock.

But much sympathy to those suffering in this weather.

By *aysOfOurLivesCouple
over a year ago

Chigwell

"

I actually do though, sunny days always make me sad. "

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

#carpenters

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Is it raining tomorrow? For the love of god I hope it rains

over a year ago

No I’m dead happy spending warm hot nights alone.

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

I am actually. I couldn’t identify this feeling until you posted.

over a year ago

"No I’m dead happy spending warm hot nights alone. "

Me too well mostly lol

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Could you explain why

For me, it brings out my FOMO

Working 6 days a week 50-60 hours isn’t so bad when it’s cold and dark or raining

The sun really makes me question what I’m doing in life. I shouldn’t be working this much. I should be out enjoying the nice weather. I get anxious and frustrated

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No. It has the complete opposite effect on me.

By *inell1Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

Can't FECKING stand it

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Got depressed today as it poured all day and I had hoped to cut my grass.

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I got depressed so i opened a bottle of red wine

over a year ago

"Anyone else get depressed in this kind of sunny weather?

Could you explain why

Working 6 days a week 50-60 hours isn’t so bad when it’s cold and dark or raining

The sun really makes me question what I’m doing in life. I shouldn’t be working this much. I should be out enjoying the nice weather. I get anxious and frustrated "

Literally exactly this.

Everyone seems to be getting their fun and frolics on, going travelling, doing actual real people things. While I'm at home on my tod.

Also reminds me of how I used to come home completely steamed without a care in the world when it was starting to get light at 4am and realising I'm starting to get too old to have those kinds of nights again. Or the times when I pulled all nighters during the most depressive phases of my life and it would just be me, sunrise and birdsong most days.

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

What is this sunny weather you are taking about?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Could you explain why

The sun really makes me question what I’m doing in life. I shouldn’t be working this much. I should be out enjoying the nice weather. I get anxious and frustrated

Literally exactly this.

Everyone seems to be getting their fun and frolics on, going travelling, doing actual real people things. While I'm at home on my tod.

Also reminds me of how I used to come home completely steamed without a care in the world when it was starting to get light at 4am and realising I'm starting to get too old to have those kinds of nights again. Or the times when I pulled all nighters during the most depressive phases of my life and it would just be me, sunrise and birdsong most days. "

If it helps, I try to remind myself that social media is a big lie. People only post their highlights with all the most glamorous filters on top

For example, where I live has a population of about 50,000. But if I take a walk through town I’ll only be seeing a tiny fraction of 1% of those people.

It’s easy to get it in your head that everyone is living the big life. They aren’t.

Take a walk to the shops, buy a nice drink, and take a long walk with your headphones in. I listen to audio books or podcast. Could be your favourite music. Just try to take in the nice weather in whatever way makes you chill

over a year ago

I’m the opposite, sad in the winter, summer is for riding motorbikes!

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Nope I can take lunch and coffee outside. In evening, dinner also.

over a year ago

I LOVE this weather. Inspired me to book several holidays straight away, going to be a busy summer.

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Thought this would be about the Lana del Rey song

Personally, blue skies and sunshine are a massive mood-enhancer to the extent that being indoors on a nice day actually makes me kind of jittery and anxious like an addict waiting to score

over a year ago

Used to feel lonely in both summer and winters. I always wake up at 7 in the morning without alarm clock, even if I sleep late. So it's important that I sleep early. I cannot pull all nighters. I am not a party person anyway.

I found things I like doing and just doing it myself. I go to films, take walks, get into a restaurant and eat anything I want, do weekend hikes all by myself. Doing these means I don't have time to get depressed

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

Love love love this weather!

Just hate being poorly when it’s like this.

over a year ago

Cheer up - the nights start drawing-in in a few weeks!

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’m happy so long as I’m not working when it’s glorious and then off when it’s hammering down.

But I live in Wales so…..

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I wouldn't say depressed. But fed up. I don't like it.

over a year ago

It's not even the whole "I feel I'm missing out" for me.

Blue skies, warm days just make me sad.

I do stuff, but because I have to do stuff. It's normal to go out and "enjoy" the sunshine.

I can't actually remember a sunny day when I was truly happy.

By *rAitchMan
over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

The weather has no bearing whatsoever on how I'm feeling. I'm just laid back and happy most of the time.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

I hate being hot and sweaty (humidititties) but I love the summer. Not far from a beach so love to take the kids and sit there with the sun on my face. The sun always makes me feel better

By *tinerant scribeMan
over a year ago

County Durham

I really enjoy winter sunshine.

over a year ago

I'm sorry you're feeling this way OP.

I get the same but in winter. For me, summer is my therapy. The longer, warmer days lift me out of my depressive days. I was a summer baby, spent childhood birthdays on the beach, have always lived close to the sea. I'm just a 10 minute walk away but sadly can't even leave the house today unless I'm smothered in SPF50 and covered up, because I have recently had malignant melanoma, and the sun is currently my enemy. Yes, it makes me feel a bit low that I can't be out there doing all the things I usually love doing, but it is what is and I'm finding other ways to stay upbeat and positive. Haha...never thought my post-surgery exercise would be naked yoga but it kept me cool and it was actually rather fun.

Hang in there OP, tomorrow is a new day x

over a year ago

I embrace all the seasons, except dull persistent rain whenever it occurs....

over a year ago

Oh god no im depressed enough already

over a year ago

Been up on a roof all day.....sweltering......however on reflection better than if minus four..... The weather is what it is, it's how we feel that's important, and while not always easy I always try and be grateful for the good stuff

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/06/22 20:46:48]

over a year ago

Me… I don’t like heat, I hate feeling hot… I also have body image issues so have to wear fewer clothes and feel more body concious.

Give me winter anyday

over a year ago

Way too hot for my liking today, but generally it's winter that brings the blues

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

It annoys me that my bad leg/foot swell up like a balloon (I couldn't wear any shoes this morning) and the fact that British beaches are not in the least bit wheelchair accessible (yet many Spanish ones are!) means I cannot take my daughter for a good ol' British seaside day. But otherwise, I like sunny days. I burn like a Pendle witch, so have to cover myself in factor 50, hat and glasses, but that's a small price to pay...

By *ickyRoosterMan
over a year ago

Uppendown

"I hate being hot and sweaty (humidititties) but I love the summer. Not far from a beach so love to take the kids and sit there with the sun on my face. The sun always makes me feel better "

That made me chuckle. It should be a 'thing'. On the weather forecast. Temperature, Wind speed/direction, likelihood of rain, humidity rating, humidititties rating

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Sometimes I do.

Some days I hate the sunshine as much as I hate early evening darkness in winter.

over a year ago

I love the summer and the sun, it does make me happy but it kind of makes me feel sad too as I've got no one to share those sunny days with x

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

When summertime sadness came out in 2014 i listened to it constantly . Possibly 4 figures.

Because as well as being elite it WAS the time of the year when I was expected to be all jolly and bouncy and I wasn’t .

Over the years I have got accustomed to no longer giving a flying fuck about my surroundings and ensuring that I manage my moods from the inside. These days there is very little summertime or anytime sadness . The song is still a 10 though and I absolutely get the challenges of summer and Christmas and all the other ‘happy’ parts of the year

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Yeah, some of the time... If it's too hot for me to leave the house. I always feel like I should be getting out more while it's nice!

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I love the sun and heat. Makes life seem so much better. If I could I would move to somewhere much warmer than the UK to get as much as I can

Marc

over a year ago

Could you explain why

Literally exactly this.

Also reminds me of how I used to come home completely steamed without a care in the world when it was starting to get light at 4am and realising I'm starting to get too old to have those kinds of nights again. Or the times when I pulled all nighters during the most depressive phases of my life and it would just be me, sunrise and birdsong most days.

If it helps, I try to remind myself that social media is a big lie. People only post their highlights with all the most glamorous filters on top

For example, where I live has a population of about 50,000. But if I take a walk through town I’ll only be seeing a tiny fraction of 1% of those people.

It’s easy to get it in your head that everyone is living the big life. They aren’t.

Take a walk to the shops, buy a nice drink, and take a long walk with your headphones in. I listen to audio books or podcast. Could be your favourite music. Just try to take in the nice weather in whatever way makes you chill "

Nah, I know the people who are posting their best lives to social media very well. They definitely are that happy.

I do go for those long walks some days but only because I feel I should be active. They do nothing to clear my head tbh.

over a year ago

That mixtape is fire

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

I enjoy warm weather . Problem for me especially at this time of year. Pollen count goes very high . I suffer from hay fever . Means cannot enjoy .

over a year ago

I used to hate summer, I preferred the winter the nice cosy dark nights, but as I’ve got older realised life is so much more fun in summer time, it really helps with my moods x

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

No way! I love this weather, today has been perfect- nice and warm but not humid.

The cold, wet and grey gets me down much more. Everything looks and feels better in the sun

over a year ago

Didn’t know so many people hated the Sun. Lol

over a year ago

Could you explain why

Literally exactly this.

Take a walk to the shops, buy a nice drink, and take a long walk with your headphones in. I listen to audio books or podcast. Could be your favourite music. Just try to take in the nice weather in whatever way makes you chill "

Social media is actually doing far way more than the naked eye can see. Most of it will be known in a very ahort space intime.

Brace yourselfs.

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

OMG no, I live for days like these.

The grey, dreary weather is what had me in antidepressants for the first few years of my life here…. Thanks to my job, I get my sun fix often elsewhere, but the spring and summer in the UK are lovely and they are definitely worth the wait every year.

over a year ago

Not myself and I can’t ever not love waking with birds singing and the sun starting to rise.

It’s just about what resets my love for nature. Sunshine, summer smells and summer sounds.

over a year ago

Have to say it’s the best cover

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-CjxVClgfdU

over a year ago

Forced myself to go to my strength class this morning even though I feel like shit. Hated every second in this heat but made me feel better to share the trauma with others

Glad I went as I would have spent the day pissed off and kicking myself otherwise.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Not fomo for me, just don't like being too hot. And prefer the cosiness and early nights in the winter.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Have hated it when depressed but love it generally.

Go into a room where light reflects in and let those rays illuminate the darkest recesses of your mind.. x

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Not fomo for me, just don't like being too hot. "

This for me as well

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I do for the most part. I think it's a lot of FOMO that sets in thinking you should be out with friends, drinking, laughing, enjoying life in all its rich tapestry. When you're really just sat at home doing nothing but sweating your bollocks off

By *undance_KidMan
over a year ago

London

Summer’s over, you can all celebrate now.

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I love the sun and summer, London seems to have a spring in its step when the sun is out.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Forced myself to go to my strength class this morning even though I feel like shit. Hated every second in this heat but made me feel better to share the trauma with others

Glad I went as I would have spent the day pissed off and kicking myself otherwise. "

Good for you! That’s great to hear.

over a year ago

I love the long days etc of summer but the heat no! It doesn’t depress me but it can get wayyy too much at times

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

Sorry to hear that OP I’m the opposite I love the heat and the sunshine, I’m much more sociable in the summer months, I just wish I didn’t suffer with hay fever, been a real bugger these last couple of days

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Summer’s over, you can all celebrate now."

It's over here

By *hinstrapMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

All times or the year and different weather can be good. Ok ook for the silver lining in them all

By *ausage1970Man
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I'm very lucky to live in a rural place and love the summer being able to relax and enjoy the weather. If I lived in an urban environment I'd probably be depressed. I was born in Hounslow

By *ackandtheunicornCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

Only if I'm stuck inside for some reason otherwise I love it

over a year ago

The sun is one of the few things that make me happy in this life and I barely get any of it on this wretched island. Life eh?

over a year ago

I love the sunshine but hate the heat, but then I work outside in a physical job.

I tend to get slightly hypomanic this time of year so I really have to be vigilant and make sure I don't burn out.

By *ornylittlesubWoman
over a year ago

Grangemouth

Only when I am working, am just jealous I guess.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"The sun is one of the few things that make me happy in this life and I barely get any of it on this wretched island. Life eh?"

Try going outdoors..

over a year ago

"The sun is one of the few things that make me happy in this life and I barely get any of it on this wretched island. Life eh?

Try going outdoors.."

Are you ok?

Post new Message to Thread