Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tattoo's

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have been thinking about getting a new tattoo, hmmmm any ideas, i only like small ones tho ( tats that is lol)

i have one on my wrist and one on my shoulder at the mo, was thinking of one at the top of my back ( not neck) ... wot do people think of tats on ladies ???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ladies tattoos are fine provided they are small and tastefull ...

Ladies who go for big nasty things, especially on their boobs do nothing for me

Sandie has a small shooting star, with a small trail of stars coming away from it, on her shoulder - it is small and easily covered when she is at work, in fact most of the time it is covered by her ordinary clothing.

I (Bob) also have tats, on one arm I have a small Devil with "Sandie" written uder it, on the other arm, I have a Roadrunner cartoon character, both are small and easily covered.

I also have an exact copy of "Cynthia" -that is the long legged lady that Amy Winehouse has on her arm - Amy is my hero (so is Elvis Presley lol) and that is why I opted for that

By *dluv2Man
over a year ago

glasgow

I depends really on what you like, i have just started a new one and it took me a year to get what i wanted. personaly i like polynesian tattoos but again it all down to you.

What are the tattoos you have just now ??

over a year ago

ohhhh thats wot im thinking for my back a trail of stars , theres some really nice ones around,

i remember years ago wen i got my 1st tat, i NEARLY got one on my boob, and my god im so glad i didnt now... wud of been the biggest regret in my life, no offence to anyone who has one lol but i think it looks aweful a lady with a tat on her boob ( just my opinion) lol

xx

over a year ago

"I depends really on what you like, i have just started a new one and it took me a year to get what i wanted. personaly i like polynesian tattoos but again it all down to you.

What are the tattoos you have just now ??"

i was looking at yrs earlier, its huugggeeeeeeeee

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I love them on other people but hate my own that has been there for years

I could so easily have more but I know that id get bored of them in a couple of years and regret it so ill just admire evryone elses lol

over a year ago

"I depends really on what you like, i have just started a new one and it took me a year to get what i wanted. personaly i like polynesian tattoos but again it all down to you.

What are the tattoos you have just now ??

i was looking at yrs earlier, its huugggeeeeeeeee"

ooops i mean yr tat lol

over a year ago

"ohhhh thats wot im thinking for my back a trail of stars , theres some really nice ones around,

i remember years ago wen i got my 1st tat, i NEARLY got one on my boob, and my god im so glad i didnt now... wud of been the biggest regret in my life, no offence to anyone who has one lol but i think it looks aweful a lady with a tat on her boob ( just my opinion) lol

xx"

And the thing is, with a trail of stars, you can make it as long or short as you desire, even add to it weeks months or years later - it's quite a fexible tattoo .. Add a sun or a moon - there's no limit to what you can do with it

By *dluv2Man
over a year ago

glasgow

I have a bigger one than that it starts at my bum and finishes below my knee i still have 12 hrs to go, my definition of a sore bum has changed forever lol.

I personaly don't like big tattoos on a lady.

What do you have already ??

over a year ago

"I have a bigger one than that it starts at my bum and finishes below my knee i still have 12 hrs to go, my definition of a sore bum has changed forever lol.

I personaly don't like big tattoos on a lady.

What do you have already ??"

my sons name on my inner wrist and some flowery thing on my shoulder lol ( was my 1st) not keen on it, but its quite small so as i cant see it it doesnt matter lol

over a year ago

A guy beside where we live does some great cover ups, he can transform one tattoo into something completely different - he's a genius, people travel from far and wide to see him

By *dluv2Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Cover ups are great for getting rid of old tattoos you don't like the tattoo you see in my pic covers over 2 old tattoos i got when i was 16.

I have to be honest and say i don't like the stars idea everyone seems to be getting them just now.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"A guy beside where we live does some great cover ups, he can transform one tattoo into something completely different - he's a genius, people travel from far and wide to see him"

I need someone like him to change mine and make it look fresh again

over a year ago

"Cover ups are great for getting rid of old tattoos you don't like the tattoo you see in my pic covers over 2 old tattoos i got when i was 16.

I have to be honest and say i don't like the stars idea everyone seems to be getting them just now."

yeah yr right, but i think they can look really nice on women, ive searched the net for hours for ideas , and still go back to the stars ..

By *dluv2Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Oh don't get me wrong am not saying they don't look nice, am just saying they are getting more common.

I am good friends with the guy that does my tattoos and that is one of the more common tattoos he does

over a year ago

I like Tattoos on ladies, but I am fussy, not keen on names across the bottom of the back, in fact I'm not keen on names or words really, I'm not judging anyone, I have no problems, but I have a preference.

I like a tattoo that means something to the person it belongs, not a football/band or cartoon character though.

Avoid those stars everyone is getting now, fashions are never a great thing as a permanent fixture, you may soon regret it.

W

over a year ago

stars aint likely to ever go out of fashion are they ?? well they have been in the sky for years lol

xx

over a year ago

"Cover ups are great for getting rid of old tattoos you don't like the tattoo you see in my pic covers over 2 old tattoos i got when i was 16.

I have to be honest and say i don't like the stars idea everyone seems to be getting them just now.

yeah yr right, but i think they can look really nice on women, ive searched the net for hours for ideas , and still go back to the stars .."

Go girlfriend lol If you want stars, you go get 'em

over a year ago

"stars aint likely to ever go out of fashion are they ?? well they have been in the sky for years lol

xx"

Yes, very much so, just like cartoon characters, Maori/tribal tattoos, love/hate on the knuckles, etc etc.

Always best to get summat more meaningful to you that will mean summat in tears to come too.

I've seen sooo many with those stars recently.

Over to you, your choice, but I suggest avoid falling into the crowd, stay away from the stars, lol.

W

over a year ago

"stars aint likely to ever go out of fashion are they ?? well they have been in the sky for years lol

xx

Yes, very much so, just like cartoon characters, Maori/tribal tattoos, love/hate on the knuckles, etc etc.

Always best to get summat more meaningful to you that will mean summat in tears to come too.

Over to you, your choice, but I suggest avoid falling into the crowd, stay away from the stars, lol.

W "

Hmmmm have to disagree - WylieCayote and Roadrunner have been around for a few years now .... and I still love 'em and will bever grow tired of Roadrunner on my arm. Beep Beep !!

By *dluv2Man
over a year ago

glasgow

No way u have road runner on your arm lol

over a year ago

"No way u have road runner on your arm lol "

You wanna bet a crisp new 20quid note on that ?

over a year ago

xx

W

Hmmmm have to disagree - WylieCayote and Roadrunner have been around for a few years now .... and I still love 'em and will bever grow tired of Roadrunner on my arm. Beep Beep !!"

Of course they have been around for a few years, they are tattoos, can't wash them off, lol, I knew a lot of ladies at the time get such tattoos, but none for a long time, and I know a few that regret it.

Again, I'm not judging, not at all, just being honest with the knowledge I have, so please don't take offence, I simply figure it's best for all opinions to be aired so the op can make a decision.

A funny tale here, A friend of mine, big psychobilly guy, got a tad d*unk and had dangermouse and penfold on his arm, only one he had, lol, he since got it covered and had more tattoos.

W

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Are tattooists allowed to tattoo anyone who has been drinking? I know it used to be a bit of a joke about getting d*unk and tattooed

over a year ago

"Oh don't get me wrong am not saying they don't look nice, am just saying they are getting more common.

I am good friends with the guy that does my tattoos and that is one of the more common tattoos he does "

I agree. I'm not a tattoo person myself. But from what I know from my friends etc. is that it's nice to have something more unique, something that has something to do with you.

Why don't you design your own?

over a year ago

"Are tattooists allowed to tattoo anyone who has been drinking? I know it used to be a bit of a joke about getting d*unk and tattooed

"

No they are not, but it was his mate, and they thought it was funny, lol.

W

over a year ago

"Are tattooists allowed to tattoo anyone who has been drinking? I know it used to be a bit of a joke about getting d*unk and tattooed

"

The one I use refuses to tattoo anyone who appears to be d*unk or under the influence of drugs. He is part of the professional body - the Tattoists Guild, or something like that and so far as I understand, this is part of their code of conduct.

Like anything else, there will be people who ignore that code of conduct. In fact there are more and more people doing home tattooing having purchased cheap equipment from online auction sites. These guys are unregulated and can obviously pose a danger to health as well as not doing a very good job of your tattoo

over a year ago

"Oh don't get me wrong am not saying they don't look nice, am just saying they are getting more common.

I am good friends with the guy that does my tattoos and that is one of the more common tattoos he does

I agree. I'm not a tattoo person myself. But from what I know from my friends etc. is that it's nice to have something more unique, something that has something to do with you.

Why don't you design your own? "

im to lazy, lol, wud rather just find a nice image .....

plus i wudnt know where to start if im honest,... was never good at art at school xx

over a year ago

Louis Molloy in Middleton is a good tattooist, but became a but big headed since he became tattooist to the stars (one being David Beckham), still a great tattooist though.

Try googling tattoos or simply images of things you like, fairies if you like them.

W

over a year ago

fairies lol

sorry the thought of a fairy is making me laff . nope no faries lol

xx

over a year ago

"fairies lol

sorry the thought of a fairy is making me laff . nope no faries lol

xx"

Just a general idea, I do believe you will feel better coming up with something more personal to you, maybe not.

Do get back to us with what you decide, please, be nice if you could share a picture of it too.

W

over a year ago

i sure will xx

over a year ago

I have 3 tats and all meaningful to me, all hidden unless on the beach and I love mine because they are personal.

My sister has them on show because she likes them like that I am the opposite. Tasteful ones which are personal I think are lovely. One of mine is my Chinese astrology sign.

Go for something that means something to you as I dont think you will ever tire of it.

By *dluv2Man
over a year ago

glasgow

"No way u have road runner on your arm lol

You wanna bet a crisp new 20quid note on that ?"

Your on show me lol

over a year ago

hmmm now the chinese symbols

worries me i'l end up with chop suey roll and black bean sauce on me , lol

xxx

By *dluv2Man
over a year ago

glasgow

I have 2 beautiful designs (in my opinion) i could send you them if you want to take a look at them.

over a year ago

will send u my email in pvt xx

By *dluv2Man
over a year ago

glasgow

K no problem you might like them they are one off's so you won't meet anyone with one like them

over a year ago

"K no problem you might like them they are one off's so you won't meet anyone with one like them"

blimey, there very different. not for me tho, bit to manly i think xx

By *dluv2Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Now you know why my definition of a sore bum has changed lol

over a year ago

"hmmm now the chinese symbols

worries me i'l end up with chop suey roll and black bean sauce on me , lol

xxx"

Now call me suspicious but I was worried about that too so I took my own, I cut the symbol out of a book and then showed it to a nice lady in the herbalist shop who said "Year of the Horse" with that I was happy so I trotted off to the tat shop lol

over a year ago

Louis the tattoist based in Middleton now has a four month waiting list and is probably one of the expensive tattooist's on the planet, however his work is truly outstanding.....

over a year ago

I have one around my left ankle - a daisy chain containing my hubby's name. It is just visible on my profile photo on here if you look close!

By *heffcpl4cplCouple
over a year ago

sheffield

Look through magazines and on the internet for any sort of design you like and if you cant find 1 design your own, if they are a good tattooist they should be able to do anything you like mines a custom 1 and took me ages to design it, but 1 no-one else has got 1 like it n the guy who did mine loves doing custom work says he gets bored of doing the same 1s all the time.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"I have been thinking about getting a new tattoo, hmmmm any ideas, i only like small ones tho ( tats that is lol)

i have one on my wrist and one on my shoulder at the mo, was thinking of one at the top of my back ( not neck) ... wot do people think of tats on ladies ???"

Well they are ok ...but done to death now ...not the rebel statement it once was ...i actually prefer to see a woman without, as a statement of not running with the pack ..Give me an intelligent feisty female with or without the art gallery

over a year ago

"I have been thinking about getting a new tattoo, hmmmm any ideas, i only like small ones tho ( tats that is lol)

i have one on my wrist and one on my shoulder at the mo, was thinking of one at the top of my back ( not neck) ... wot do people think of tats on ladies ???

Well they are ok ...but done to death now ...not the rebel statement it once was ...i actually prefer to see a woman without, as a statement of not running with the pack ..Give me an intelligent feisty female with or without the art gallery "

You called, hehehehe

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

Well they are ok ...but done to death now ...not the rebel statement it once was ...i actually prefer to see a woman without, as a statement of not running with the pack ..Give me an intelligent feisty female with or without the art gallery

You called, hehehehe"

heeeeeeyyyyyy can always rely on old faithful ....how you feeling now ......

over a year ago

Both myself and my hubby have a few tattoo's. It's very much down to personal choice and if done correctly they can look great.

I have one on the inside of my arm saying "living, loving, loyal" and chinese writing on my back meaning "my family are but an earlier heaven" very personal to me and both have deep meanings.

over a year ago

I have WENDY tattoed on my cock, which really pissed Siren off when she first saw it but she calmed down after she realised that when I get a stiffy it actually reads: WELCOME TO JAMAICA HAVE A NICE DAY ... hehehe

over a year ago

Hi there,

I have a cpl of small tattoo's, but my latest one, i hunted for ages, i kind of knew what i wanted but didn't exactly know what.......

Anyway i took a cpl of designs from the net, and made my own out of them, here's what it was......

A red love heart, with a devil's tail, devil's horns growing ouy of the top of the heart then an angel's halo above them and angels wings at the back......there is a scroll through the heart which says "love" and then across the top it say "Angel by day" and underneath "Devil by night". It's not too big and is on the back of my shoulder, and it's kind of cute too lol

It is more personal to me because of my work through the day and my "social activities" at night lol

Good luck in your search

x x

over a year ago

thanx peeps for all yr comments, will keep u informed on wot i choose

xx

By *enchWoman
over a year ago

wirral

I have 3 already, but my next 2 are going to be the BDSM symbol and a Crop Circle - the hunt is on for one that I fall in love with.

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

i wiated 20 yr to get my first tattoo. couldn't find a design i could live with then saw the pic of a horse on the net -- took it to a local tattoo artist and she did a brill job. it covers my left shoulder blade. i got my second along base of back a tribal one linking together the native american theme i want. my next is a wolf on my right shoulder to even things up

over a year ago

ive got a few nice tribal tatts and im proud of them and the general feedback is people like them

peanut

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

do look nice and crisp hun and as long as you like them who really cares what other think - after all its your body they decorate

over a year ago

"ive got a few nice tribal tatts and im proud of them and the general feedback is people like them

peanut"

I love yr tatts! mwah x

over a year ago

I have a dolphin on my shoulder, well we all need a porpoise in life!!!

over a year ago

omg groan!!!!

over a year ago

"omg groan!!!!"

Bloody hell, how did you know that is just what I love to hear a woman say!!??

By *abeandhimCouple
over a year ago

Chester

we think a tattoo on base of fems back very erotic, but neither of us like tatts on boobs, we both got the same tribal on base of our backs had then done at the same time and glad we did, had a few more since just had a new armband but all very tastefull and nothing over the top as there for life so you got to know what you want. so we say think about them before have them done.

over a year ago

bump

over a year ago

Well did ya, did ya, did ya, did ya, did ya?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/08/09 19:17:56]

over a year ago

lol no,not yet, but i'm goin next week just bumped this for someone to read

over a year ago

Yay, just in time for the BP

over a year ago

Its just more if you like it then do it as its nothing todo with anyone else ! I havent got any yet but hoping to soon as my mate is training to be a tattooist but is already shit hot but i cant find one for a back piece

By *irtyduoCouple
over a year ago

nr stirling

i have four but they are small and i can hide them and i dont regret any!!!!

over a year ago

Yr right you cant see them

over a year ago

Right.....

If it were my body...(and it practically is) I'd get the biggest thing I could afford

And take it from someone who has learnt the hard way; A cheap tattoo is not a good one and a good tattoo is not a cheap one.

This is going to be on your body for the rest of your life. Think carefully and dont just go to the guy down the road cause he's local.

Read tattoo magazines - total tattoo/ skin deep etc and get a feel for some of the artists out there. The best ones may be in London or Birmingham or even overseas but a train ticket will cost you about 20 - 30. getting them lazered off will cost a hell of a lot more and hurt like fuck.

And yes I am a tattoo snob x x

over a year ago

"Right.....

If it were my body...(and it practically is) I'd get the biggest thing I could afford

And take it from someone who has learnt the hard way; A cheap tattoo is not a good one and a good tattoo is not a cheap one.

This is going to be on your body for the rest of your life. Think carefully and dont just go to the guy down the road cause he's local.

Read tattoo magazines - total tattoo/ skin deep etc and get a feel for some of the artists out there. The best ones may be in London or Birmingham or even overseas but a train ticket will cost you about 20 - 30. getting them lazered off will cost a hell of a lot more and hurt like fuck.

And yes I am a tattoo snob x x"

oh shurrup u, just cuz u dont like wot i want to get

xx

over a year ago

Remember get what you want !

over a year ago

"Remember get what you want !"

i always get wot i want

well nearly always

over a year ago

you ask for opinions on them. well i personally like most on men. am not as keen on seeing them on women though. i got a henna tatt while on holiday in june and i was bored of it after two weeks. so it proved a point to myself with regards to them.

I prefer to be one of the minority who do not have a tatt. this is just my personal opinion on the subject.

over a year ago

"oh shurrup u, just cuz u dont like wot i want to get

xx"

I do like them actually! but I think they'll get old quick. Just look at celtic arm bands, tazmanian devils and shit like that!

Want me to come with you?

over a year ago

"you ask for opinions on them. well i personally like most on men. am not as keen on seeing them on women though. i got a henna tatt while on holiday in june and i was bored of it after two weeks. so it proved a point to myself with regards to them.

I prefer to be one of the minority who do not have a tatt. this is just my personal opinion on the subject."

and a sensible opinion it is too pussy

over a year ago

"oh shurrup u, just cuz u dont like wot i want to get

xx

I do like them actually! but I think they'll get old quick. Just look at celtic arm bands, tazmanian devils and shit like that!

Want me to come with you?

"

and end up with a full sleeve like yrs lol

over a year ago

i dont think i'd suit a full sleeve sweety pie

over a year ago

Mother pussy and her wise words

over a year ago

"you ask for opinions on them. well i personally like most on men. am not as keen on seeing them on women though. i got a henna tatt while on holiday in june and i was bored of it after two weeks. so it proved a point to myself with regards to them.

I prefer to be one of the minority who do not have a tatt. this is just my personal opinion on the subject.

and a sensible opinion it is too pussy "

oh fook me being sensible...just blown me cover

over a year ago

you usual make something blow in the covers

over a year ago

"you usual make something blow in the covers "

yeah i got flatulence at the moment, must be the beans i had. wud shove your ead under the cover then hun

over a year ago

Well im sure you would

over a year ago

i could always pretend to fall asleep n get my whole face tattood lol

over a year ago

"Mother pussy and her wise words "

and less of the mother bit ya knoblet

over a year ago

lol how daft was that and should they have carried on?!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/08/09 20:01:05]

over a year ago

clitlett Shhhhh

over a year ago

she actually asked for them tats on her face, but said she fell asleep cuz she was scared her dad wud go nuts , lol she's now having em lazered off , stupid bitch lol

over a year ago

I only saw the headlines when it happened but we all do stupid things lol

By *resh freddieMan
over a year ago

Penistone

so what have you chosen to have then, come on spill the beans

over a year ago

u will have to wait n see, wen i get it done u will all see it

By *resh freddieMan
over a year ago

Penistone

"u will have to wait n see, wen i get it done u will all see it "

He he he we will wait in ernest. So a fux hunt across your back???

over a year ago

well i thought of having an angel n a devil 1 on each tit but the trail of stars sounds nice too

over a year ago

"u will have to wait n see, wen i get it done u will all see it

He he he we will wait in ernest. So a fux hunt across your back??? "

whos ernest?

By *resh freddieMan
over a year ago

Penistone

He he he we will wait in ernest. So a fux hunt across your back??? whos ernest? "

donno been drinking all evening Hic

over a year ago

He he he we will wait in ernest. So a fux hunt across your back??? whos ernest?

donno been drinking all evening Hic "

and i suppose its bloody red hot and the cicadas are whirring ? (or whatever it is they do)

By *resh freddieMan
over a year ago

Penistone

donno been drinking all evening Hic and i suppose its bloody red hot and the cicadas are whirring ? (or whatever it is they do) "

Donno im well pissed in Madrid! Hic

over a year ago

donno been drinking all evening Hic and i suppose its bloody red hot and the cicadas are whirring ? (or whatever it is they do)

Donno im well pissed in Madrid! Hic "

am i thick or wot, only just realised ya in spain, thought you were having freak weather in pennistown

over a year ago

After many years of deciding I too am going to have a tattoo. I've decided on some personal words, relevant only to me about my family and I'm going to have the script written on my ribs in lines a la Megan Fox style. They will be discreet and hidden till I choose to show them. So good luck with your tattoo and what ever you decide on xxxxx

over a year ago

Tattoos rock lol

I am getting my 11th soon and i can't wait i always get the same off people oh what that going to look like when ur old and wrinkly tbh i really don't care it's my choice! I do though hate these people who just copy famous people! I always try get ones which are unique or personal meaning to myself...

My next tattoo is going to be Koi fish or to finish my back off flowers on the top of my ivy.. :D

I know it's not everyone cup of tea but each to their own! lol

god i shouldn't shut up when it comes tattoos! lol

xxxxx

Post new Message to Thread