Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

spelling?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

just curous what people think when they get a message and has spelling mistakes in ? dont mean text talk but justspelling mistakes? I am dyslexic and somtimes just cant see my mistakes can be silly ones sumtimes but does it annoy people or not fussed? Ihate the fact I cant spell correctly .lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *coobyroo218Couple
over a year ago

Guernsey

Spelling mistakes are fine as long as we can understand what they are saying.

Text speakers just get deleted, no excuse for sending a message written out properly

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

really doesn't bother me in the slightest.....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

wish i had someone to message

over a year ago

lol cheers

over a year ago

If you do have real concerns about how your messages might be received if they contain spelling mistakes,,, ,,

You could always write them on a word programme first with spell-check running, then cut and paste them into your message once your happy everything looks ok….!.

It would only take a few extra seconds to do it this way…

But I'm with View,,,, I wouldn't let it worry you...

By *alopeteyMan
over a year ago

maghull

i'm dyslexic also, i don't mind the fact i can't spell or am not to good with grammar, that doesn't bother me at all, the only think that bothers me is when i have taken at least 6 times longer to type a post out cos i am checking and rechecking for mistakes and correcting them with google and a spell checker, and u make one mistake and the grammar nazi's chime in with some stupid remark designed to bolster there ego and put some one else down,

people really need to be a little more considerate when latching onto someones mistakes,

at the end of the day "we all make mistakes" helping rather than riduculing is the way forward

*rant over*

again i am at peace

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Spelling is a pet hate of mine, but I do realise that everyone is different and that mistakes do occur!

However, it has meant I've run a business before, in the form of Proofreading!

However, text speak has only one place and that is on a Phone; nowhere else!

over a year ago

hey thanks espicaly to the lastfew texts onhere does help , in regars last one yea buiness world work world etc it matters belive it or not I used to be a qualified teacher lol but on here .yes checking in word filess first good idea and then as someone else said you can twice to 6 times doing that and then something some wher can pick up the slightest thing ggrrrrr thanks all xx

over a year ago

I don't see any correlation whatsoever between someone having a good command of the English language and being an excellent performer in the sack.

Your mileage may vary

Wolf

over a year ago

I find spelling/grammar mistakes funny when they are written by a poster who is having a go at somebody else for writing something incorrectly (and they realy don't like to have their own mistake pointed out to them lol)

over a year ago

" I find spelling/grammar mistakes funny when they are written by a poster who is having a go at somebody else for writing something incorrectly (and they realy don't like to have their own mistake pointed out to them lol) "

Really*

over a year ago

" I find spelling/grammar mistakes funny when they are written by a poster who is having a go at somebody else for writing something incorrectly (and they realy don't like to have their own mistake pointed out to them lol)

Really* "

I had the bestest giggle this year over a spelling mistake

As long as I understand what is being said spelling doesn't bother me but I don't understand a lot of text talk.

over a year ago

"just curous what people think when they get a message and has spelling mistakes in ? dont mean text talk but justspelling mistakes? I am dyslexic and somtimes just cant see my mistakes can be silly ones sumtimes but does it annoy people or not fussed? Ihate the fact I cant spell correctly .lol "

After I posted a MSG about council houses I got this msg grime a couple "Subject:

council house - 7 days ago

Shame you can't spell when you call others,half wits"

we'll am dyslexic and my iPhone some times put what It wants .. Lol just thought how rude

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

In private messages people are more likely to be understanding.

In the forums however...

Remember that some people are just dipping in for a bit of light relief from a crappy day and for a chance to banter. So sarcasm is often the order of the day.

But regular posters recognize the other regulars and know and understand that some have issues but still want to join in.

It's always great to have new posters so don a tin hat, don't take it too seriously and join in.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Spelling mistakes are no big deal. Poor writing is a whole other ball game.

Don't worry about it.

over a year ago

" I find spelling/grammar mistakes funny when they are written by a poster who is having a go at somebody else for writing something incorrectly (and they realy don't like to have their own mistake pointed out to them lol)

Really* "

Luckily I,m not one of those people!

over a year ago

" I find spelling/grammar mistakes funny when they are written by a poster who is having a go at somebody else for writing something incorrectly (and they realy don't like to have their own mistake pointed out to them lol) "

You took the words out of my mouth! I love it when that happens...

To the OP - we can understand you so the odd mis-spell won't matter - it's when it's ' I won do yafk n ard' etc that I hate!

Her

over a year ago

Doesn't bother me at all, am quite aware even though I am fanatical about spelling and grammar, that some people are either dyslexic or struggle with spelling and I am speaking to someone who is the latter, his messages can sometimes be indecipherable and the only reason we haven't met is our working hours

It is those who text speak that I struggle with especially when they are in their 40's and spell out every word except you

Post new Message to Thread