Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Done to death

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know this has topic has been discussed on here numerous times and I know that the majority of replies will tell me to "block and move on" BUT why do you guys (not all of you)not bother to read profiles properly?

or do you read them and just think "sod it, I'll message anyway". Do you think our preferences are there for no reason?

Getting really wound up about it, sorry.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My fave messages are the ones that start

I know im not what your looking for but......

over a year ago

and a deep breath in ................. and out .................... in and out ..................... in and out ............ good girl, now chill and ................. dont let the buggers get u down ........ as you already know the answer what to do

over a year ago

seriously, after finishing typing this post, I go to my messages and there is a message from a guy that I have distinctly requested not to contact me!!!

over a year ago

I've been blocked by people local to me even before I've had a chance to read their profile or message them!

over a year ago

Because men think with their dicks and I can't remember ever seeing a cock on university challenge. In other words they dont think!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

block all guys and search for guys who you fancy....

over a year ago

"I've been blocked by people local to me even before I've had a chance to read their profile or message them!"

I do that sometimes, saves time in the long-run

over a year ago

"I know this has topic has been discussed on here numerous times and I know that the majority of replies will tell me to "block and move on" BUT why do you guys (not all of you)not bother to read profiles properly?

or do you read them and just think "sod it, I'll message anyway". Do you think our preferences are there for no reason?

Getting really wound up about it, sorry."

I have found over the years that Do's and Don't on our profiles, just attracts idiots. ie, if you say you can't meet weekends, every man and his dog asks you to meet Saturday night! So I wouldn't say "block and move on" I would say maybe tweek your profile and don't give them anything to chew on

over a year ago

"Because men think with their dicks and I can't remember ever seeing a cock on university challenge. In other words they dont think!"
. Lol this is so true

over a year ago

about 3 times a week I get couples giving instant friends invites..sometimes I've spoke with the couples(especially if they arent looking for single guys)that do they know I'm a single male?- sometimes its an apology or a blatant ignore.

many dont read, regardless of what sex/status they are

it just so happens , more men use the site , so more men wont read.maths.

over a year ago

"I've been blocked by people local to me even before I've had a chance to read their profile or message them!"

how do you know they blocked you for being to close to them? if you didnt have the chance to read their profile how do you know where they live?

over a year ago

"block all guys and search for guys who you fancy...."

I dont think I need to block all guys, I think I have a pretty general preference of straight, white guys aged between 20 to 50. I do look too and approach men. Unfortunately, I am starting to think that the majority if single men on here are just not single at all!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"block all guys and search for guys who you fancy....

I dont think I need to block all guys, I think I have a pretty general preference of straight, white guys aged between 20 to 50. I do look too and approach men. Unfortunately, I am starting to think that the majority if single men on here are just not single at all!"

cool, my suggestion was to minimise your angst...

good luck

over a year ago

"I've been blocked by people local to me even before I've had a chance to read their profile or message them!

how do you know they blocked you for being to close to them? if you didnt have the chance to read their profile how do you know where they live? "

It shows if they post on the forum.

over a year ago

"I've been blocked by people local to me even before I've had a chance to read their profile or message them!

how do you know they blocked you for being to close to them? if you didnt have the chance to read their profile how do you know where they live? "

Because I've seen their posts in the forum.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I know this has topic has been discussed on here numerous times and I know that the majority of replies will tell me to "block and move on" BUT why do you guys (not all of you)not bother to read profiles properly?

the answers is in the question.....

over a year ago

"My fave messages are the ones that start

I know im not what your looking for but...... "

over a year ago

Because they want a shag, & believe the more they message, the more chance of a positive response. Reading profiles takes time. You could 'cut & paste' 10 messages by then. Pure mathematics!

I have messaged people, where I don't 'exactly' fit their 'wish list'. But only if very near to it (a year or so on age, 6 inches here-or-there on penis size), but wouldn't bother if someone is after something completely different, as its never going to happen.

over a year ago

how do you know they blocked you for being to close to them? if you didnt have the chance to read their profile how do you know where they live?

Because I've seen their posts in the forum."

was having a blonde moment lol

still dont mean thats why they blocked you just because your close

people block for all kinds of reasons

over a year ago

"block all guys and search for guys who you fancy....

I dont think I need to block all guys, I think I have a pretty general preference of straight, white guys aged between 20 to 50. I do look too and approach men. Unfortunately, I am starting to think that the majority if single men on here are just not single at all!

cool, my suggestion was to minimise your angst...

good luck"

I didn't mean gone rude. Its just that if I look at a profile of a guy who I think is really hot but he is only interested in meeting a bi fem or a couple or an Asian girl, I wouldn't dream of wasting his time (or mine) in sending a message. So with that in mind, I dont see why I should block all men. Thanks for taking the time to post though x

over a year ago

Because I've seen their posts in the forum.

was having a blonde moment lol

still dont mean thats why they blocked you just because your close

people block for all kinds of reasons "

We all have our blonde moments, so its cool.

I don't really mind if people block me, I'm not everyone's cup of tea

over a year ago

"My fave messages are the ones that start

I know im not what your looking for but...... "

Lately I am getting, "I know you're not meeting but..."

over a year ago

Thought this was going to be another bareback/bisexual males/why can't I get a meet thread

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I put that I am not meeting yet get messages asking if I am free...

By *orseydaveMan
over a year ago

Norwich NR5

Its all a chance game - ive spent time writing long and decent messages to someone i find atytractive etc, and you hear nothing, yet another time i just send a quick how are you, and you get a reply - personally i always reply and show the sender asmuch respect as possib;e

over a year ago

"Its all a chance game - ive spent time writing long and decent messages to someone i find atytractive etc, and you hear nothing, yet another time i just send a quick how are you, and you get a reply - personally i always reply and show the sender asmuch respect as possib;e"

You would be surprised how many short guy's find me attractive and send lovely messages even though it clearly says (twice) 6ft tall and over please, on my profile!

over a year ago

"Its all a chance game - ive spent time writing long and decent messages to someone i find atytractive etc, and you hear nothing, yet another time i just send a quick how are you, and you get a reply - personally i always reply and show the sender asmuch respect as possib;e

You would be surprised how many short guy's find me attractive and send lovely messages even though it clearly says (twice) 6ft tall and over please, on my profile! "

See, now I would chance that. I'm about 5'11", so would put some big heeled shoes on!

over a year ago

"Its all a chance game - ive spent time writing long and decent messages to someone i find atytractive etc, and you hear nothing, yet another time i just send a quick how are you, and you get a reply - personally i always reply and show the sender asmuch respect as possib;e"

But do you read their profiles first before you send a message?

over a year ago

"Its all a chance game - ive spent time writing long and decent messages to someone i find atytractive etc, and you hear nothing, yet another time i just send a quick how are you, and you get a reply - personally i always reply and show the sender asmuch respect as possib;e

You would be surprised how many short guy's find me attractive and send lovely messages even though it clearly says (twice) 6ft tall and over please, on my profile!

See, now I would chance that. I'm about 5'11", so would put some big heeled shoes on! "

It says 5'10 on your profile!....and you guys wonder why you don't get replies!! point proved!

over a year ago

See, now I would chance that. I'm about 5'11", so would put some big heeled shoes on!

It says 5'10 on your profile!....and you guys wonder why you don't get replies!! point proved! "

I'm 8ft10 do I have a chance?

over a year ago

It says 5'10 on your profile!....and you guys wonder why you don't get replies!! point proved! "

I've always thought I was from a young age, but people say I'm more 5'11", 6'0". I don't really care. Think only short people, or those going for the Guinness book of records try to add height

over a year ago

"I put that I am not meeting yet get messages asking if I am free... "

No dahhhhhlink, I'm out of your price range...

over a year ago

Hope we're all not gonna get tarred with the same brush

over a year ago

It says 5'10 on your profile!....and you guys wonder why you don't get replies!! point proved!

I'm 8ft10 do I have a chance? "

Are you sure you aren't measuring from the wrong end of the measure again?

over a year ago

Get yer coat lol

over a year ago

I'm 8ft10 do I have a chance?

Are you sure you aren't measuring from the wrong end of the measure again? "

over a year ago

I've always thought I was from a young age, but people say I'm more 5'11", 6'0". I don't really care. Think only short people, or those going for the Guinness book of records try to add height"

You were 5' 10" from a young age? Your poor mother...

Here's a thought, try actually measuring your height with some kind of calibrated measuring device?

over a year ago

You must be using your 'cock-measuring tape-measure'!

over a year ago

"Hope we're all not gonna get tarred with the same brush "

As if we would do that

over a year ago

I've always thought I was from a young age, but people say I'm more 5'11", 6'0". I don't really care. Think only short people, or those going for the Guinness book of records try to add height

You were 5' 10" from a young age? Your poor mother...

Here's a thought, try actually measuring your height with some kind of calibrated measuring device?"

Why?

By *coobyroo218Couple
over a year ago

Guernsey

I've always thought I was from a young age, but people say I'm more 5'11", 6'0". I don't really care. Think only short people, or those going for the Guinness book of records try to add height"

But then surely if you like people say you are 5'11" then put that, like you say if someone is wanting 6' plus you might be in with a shout maybe but not like said above you are 5' 10"

over a year ago

"Hope we're all not gonna get tarred with the same brush

As if we would do that "

Oh of course not .......

over a year ago

On the quiet, I've tried (Oh God how I've tried!!!) to help a few single guys on here to 'smarten up' their act viz-a-viz how they go about sending messages to women.

It drives me to distraction having to explain WHY it makes a difference to actually read someones profile and at least mention - preferably talk about - at least ONE thing in the lady's profile.

The usual response is along the lines of 'That'll take too long and I want a shag!!' I usually follow that with... 'And how long have you been on here already not getting a shag then????' And then I wait for the penny to drop...

Haven't heard one reach the bottom, unprompted, yet.......

A despairing Pork.....

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"On the quiet, I've tried (Oh God how I've tried!!!) to help a few single guys on here to 'smarten up' their act viz-a-viz how they go about sending messages to women.

It drives me to distraction having to explain WHY it makes a difference to actually read someones profile and at least mention - preferably talk about - at least ONE thing in the lady's profile.

The usual response is along the lines of 'That'll take too long and I want a shag!!' I usually follow that with... 'And how long have you been on here already not getting a shag then????' And then I wait for the penny to drop...

A despairing Pork..... "

Pork you are the man!!!

over a year ago

i get fed up with it as well because it seems like a waste of time.

if i dont answere their message they say i have got no manners and i dont like to hurt peoples feelings.

over a year ago

Does it really matter ?

Is it really worth getting all het up about ?

For us the answer is 'NO'.

Quite frankly if we get a message from someone who appears not to have read our profile, it simply gets deleted without fuss or ceremony.

We've never understood why people get so wound up about it, it's not as though prospective meets are knocking on the front door of your house ...

over a year ago

"On the quiet, I've tried (Oh God how I've tried!!!) to help a few single guys on here to 'smarten up' their act viz-a-viz how they go about sending messages to women.

A despairing Pork.....

Pork you are the man!!! "

You are too kind....

over a year ago

I block before the person has the chance to message me.

over a year ago

A despairing Pork..... "

I do often wonder where us females on the site are going wrong!

They can train lab rats, mice, chimps, elephants, dolphins but somehow we have hit a brick wall with many Fab single males

over a year ago

Rat a tat tat........ Sorry just monkeying around

over a year ago

But then surely if you like people say you are 5'11" then put that, like you say if someone is wanting 6' plus you might be in with a shout maybe but not like said above you are 5' 10"

"

Don't see how it matters. Doubt its a deal-breaker, & usually those so heightist have a raft of other 'requirements'.

over a year ago

"Rat a tat tat........ Sorry just monkeying around "

over a year ago

"and a deep breath in ................. and out .................... in and out ..................... in and out ............ good girl, now chill and ................. dont let the buggers get u down ........ as you already know the answer what to do "

Yeah!! Just sing... It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/11/12 18:42:01]

over a year ago

"block all guys and search for guys who you fancy...."

I can heartily recommend it!!

By *orkscrew CurlsWoman
over a year ago

Loughborough Leics

I like to make it into 'The Weakest Link Inbox game' as I go through the messages as each one hasn't read my preferences and fails to get a reply I tell the 'You are the Weakest link, Goodbye!' I even do the voice.

Thankfully there is an occasional winner! Hello!....

over a year ago

Block and move on!

Post new Message to Thread