Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tablets

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I want to buy myself a Tablet as a Christmas gift to myself, I don't want an Ipad, far too expensive, but what would you guys suggest?....Please help x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

wot about the new microsoft one?

over a year ago

Depends what you want it for? Amazon's Kindle Fire is a cheap alternative to an ipad.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Asus Transformer FTW

I'd keep as far away from Micro$haft as possible

By *obbley69Man
over a year ago

ts25

motorola xoom......

By *orkieMan
over a year ago

Who knows

Blackberry playbook

over a year ago

I have no idea what I'm looking for tbh, I just want something small and portable, something easier to carry around the house, my laptop is quite heavy, maybe a netbook?...oh I don't know lol

By *wanzMan
over a year ago

Swansea

Neurophen Express always works well for me - especially on Boxing Day

over a year ago

I bought one this week - fantastic price compared to how much it cost when it was launched!

over a year ago

Buy a Google Nexus 7 - don't buy the kindle for the same reason why you shouldn't buy a blackberry playbook, there might be minimal uptake by everyone else and all support/development could dry up in the next year or so.

At least with the Google Nexus its android based and that looks set to stay.

over a year ago

"I bought one this week - fantastic price compared to how much it cost when it was launched!"

One what? that tells me nothing, other than you got one haha

By *orkieMan
over a year ago

Who knows

"I have no idea what I'm looking for tbh, I just want something small and portable, something easier to carry around the house, my laptop is quite heavy, maybe a netbook?...oh I don't know lol"

All depends whether you want to "create content" or "view content" I was asked the same question when I was in my local independent computer store. Laptops / netbooks are are for working on, tablets are for viewing on ( I just know Im gonna get shot at by the Ipad army here) If you just wanna surf the net , read , listen to music and maybe edit an occasional document get a tablet. I was warned away from netbooks as depending on the processor it may be a tad slow for a power user

over a year ago

I would agree with the nexus I had an ipad- VERY VERY OVERATED!! Altho in my opinion 99% of apple stuff is. If samsung have got 1 out get that lol they seem to be doing very good stuff at the moment

over a year ago

I have just got a Kindle Fire HD and love it, great bit of kit and relatively cheap

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

I did loads of research as I'm a bit of a techno dummy and opted for the android based Nexus 7 for my daughter for Christmas. They've just released the 32gb version for the same price they were selling the 16gb one for (£199) - the 16gb is now £160.

It's had great reviews - I'm sure my daughter will be over the moon.

PS

I got a fantastic brand new cover for it on Ebay for only £7 ... don't pay the extortionate prices for the 'official' ones.

over a year ago

"I have no idea what I'm looking for tbh, I just want something small and portable, something easier to carry around the house, my laptop is quite heavy, maybe a netbook?...oh I don't know lol

All depends whether you want to "create content" or "view content" I was asked the same question when I was in my local independent computer store. Laptops / netbooks are are for working on, tablets are for viewing on ( I just know Im gonna get shot at by the Ipad army here) If you just wanna surf the net , read , listen to music and maybe edit an occasional document get a tablet. I was warned away from netbooks as depending on the processor it may be a tad slow for a power user"

Well, in that case it is a tablet I need, I have my laptop for everything I need to do, I just want it for being nosey really lol

over a year ago

Just been offered a Samsung Galaxy P1000 for £75....I think this is too good to pass up, don't you?

over a year ago

"Just been offered a Samsung Galaxy P1000 for £75....I think this is too good to pass up, don't you?"

£75?? What's wrong with it??

over a year ago

"Just been offered a Samsung Galaxy P1000 for £75....I think this is too good to pass up, don't you?

£75?? What's wrong with it?? "

Nothing lol, he's just a lovely guy that buys stuff then decides he wants something else, it helps that he fancies me too lol

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Just been offered a Samsung Galaxy P1000 for £75....I think this is too good to pass up, don't you?

Nothing lol, he's just a lovely guy that buys stuff then decides he wants something else, it helps that he fancies me too lol "

If that's the case offer him 60

over a year ago

Nothing lol, he's just a lovely guy that buys stuff then decides he wants something else, it helps that he fancies me too lol

If that's the case offer him 60 "

Nooooo that's just plain cheeky

over a year ago

Kindle Fire or Kobo Arc, both brill!

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

What's your budget? Google nexus 7 or Samsung galaxy tab both provide widest range of Apps through android marketplace. Kindle fire also uses Android so apps available for this too.

over a year ago

"I did loads of research as I'm a bit of a techno dummy and opted for the android based Nexus 7 for my daughter for Christmas. They've just released the 32gb version for the same price they were selling the 16gb one for (£199) - the 16gb is now £160.

It's had great reviews - I'm sure my daughter will be over the moon.

PS

I got a fantastic brand new cover for it on Ebay for only £7 ... don't pay the extortionate prices for the 'official' ones."

We have done the same for our kids, Nexus seems very good at a great price

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I want to buy myself a Tablet as a Christmas gift to myself, I don't want an Ipad, far too expensive, but what would you guys suggest?....Please help x"

Do you dress up as Santa when you deliver it

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Anyone got any Aspirin???

All this techie talk is giving me a headache!

over a year ago

"I want to buy myself a Tablet as a Christmas gift to myself, I don't want an Ipad, far too expensive, but what would you guys suggest?....Please help x

Do you dress up as Santa when you deliver it "

I may dress as Mrs Claus cheeky bugger

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Thank you for this. I have been thinking about the whole tablet thing. I need one with a keyboard or stylus as I hate touching the screen.

Reading this it sounds like I need to get a new lightweight lap top and not get a tablet as I need to create as well as view.

over a year ago

far as i know the nexus 7 for spec/updates/support is one of the best options available right now

if you dont mind a 7" screen its good to go. had a play with one earlier and am very tempted

dualcore cpu and quadcore graphics inside it

over a year ago

but yeh should bare in mind a tab is defo no substitute for a lappy

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

I may dress as Mrs Claus cheeky bugger "

That would be perfectly acceptable

over a year ago

"far as i know the nexus 7 for spec/updates/support is one of the best options available right now

if you dont mind a 7" screen its good to go. had a play with one earlier and am very tempted

dualcore cpu and quadcore graphics inside it"

bought a nexus 7 for daughter's christmas pressie - thinking of keeping it for myself

Thought long and hard over this ... Kindle fire hd is a little cheaper, but you're tied to amazon for media, and is best for media.

Nexus best for all round use ......

over a year ago

Samsung galaxy tab

U can make calls from it too

over a year ago

kindle fire.

excellent bit of kit

over a year ago

Archos or Samsung fine. A tablet's like a pc....but slower!lol

over a year ago

when i first read 'tablet' i thought the lady had a headache

over a year ago

"when i first read 'tablet' i thought the lady had a headache "

Or seeking confectionary blast!

over a year ago

Although the Kindle Fire runs on Android 4.0, it's a heavily customised version and doesn't have access to Android Market, or Playstore as it's now known.

I checked it out recently and went for an ordinary 7" tablet instead. And it cost almost half the price of the Fire!!

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

IPad is the number 1 choice according to Which. But number 2 is the galaxy. That's what I'm looking to buy.

over a year ago

"when i first read 'tablet' i thought the lady had a headache "

Oh I never use headache as an excuse haha

over a year ago

I have an iPad which I thnk is brill but the Microsofts new tablet looks the biz

over a year ago

I use the Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0, pukka little tab for under 200.

Post new Message to Thread