Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

College

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know im not that old but has anyone had a dead end job and gone to college to change there career path. Im just nervous im making a mistake because i will cost me £700.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

My views are if you don't do it now, you never will! Only advise I will give is think of £700 as an investment into your future, and reap the rewards

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

just do it anyway, oly live once fella

By *rumalexMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I know im not that old but has anyone had a dead end job and gone to college to change there career path. Im just nervous im making a mistake because i will cost me £700."

i did that years ago left school with not much qualifications went back to studying and did ok, wasn't easy though

over a year ago

trouble is there are not that many jobs about now even if you have qualifications.

over a year ago

I've just done it! Well doing it... Studying an access course at college in nursing and health studies to go on to study Radiography at University next year.

I'm doing night classes on top of a full time job so safe to say I've VERY tired and VERY stressed but it will be worth it

My course is £600 but as I'm under 24 the government is paying :D

Good look to you! It's hard work but worth it in the end.

Need any advice PM me

over a year ago

"I know im not that old but has anyone had a dead end job and gone to college to change there career path. Im just nervous im making a mistake because i will cost me £700."

I retrained as an electrician two years ago (at a cost substantially more than £700) and it's the best thing I've ever done. I now have my own business and it's doing ok. Work isn't exactly flooding in but enough to keep me going and allow me to grow my business slowly as I learn about running a company and securing work. Eventually I hope to employ people as the work rate increases but it's enough to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying what I do and that's something I haven't been able to say for a good long while.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Education is never wasted unless you choose to waste it.

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

My advice do it.

I just completed my nursin degree an got a job etc best thing ever hated bein in job did so took leap an now think its best thing I ever did

An yer it's scary bu if you want it do it

By *uck_us_hardCouple
over a year ago

N.E Lincolnshire

Do it! You only live once...

What's the worse that could happen, you learn a new trade/skill and have to get a rubbish job somewhere else when you finish your studies but you'll have that qualification when things pick up!!!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks for all the support its good having a hobby. I have taught myself how to do 3d computer modelling with afew books. And just started using photoshop. Been to a uni open day and told them about myself. I don't need to spend money on a qualification. And was told i need to sort out my portfolio because they want to offer me a interview.

Post new Message to Thread