Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Just had my first chocolate for 4 weeks

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Didn't like it much. Far too sweet. Major disappointment.

Now the diet is spoilt for today, I'm considering opening the enormous bottle of Smirnoff I have here.

I could always use the awards ceremony as an excuse...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Didn't like it much. Far too sweet. Major disappointment.

Now the diet is spoilt for today, I'm considering opening the enormous bottle of Smirnoff I have here.

I could always use the awards ceremony as an excuse..."

Open it!!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i used to drink full sugar and loved it,, when i started Slimming World i gave it up.

Had a can of it the other day and it was like drinking battery acid.. urghhh!

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

Dont give in to temptation!!!

Why would one choccie spoil your diet?

Eat and drink what you like...... In moderation

over a year ago

Listen to the devil sat on your shoulder

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Kinky DON'T DO IT! You are using chocolate as a gateway drug to alcohol. Then tomorrow you can go back to whatever you have given up because it's all been ruined by chocolate and alcohol.

I say this with a cheese biscuit in my mouth and good intentions in my heart.

over a year ago

"Kinky DON'T DO IT! You are using chocolate as a gateway drug to alcohol. Then tomorrow you can go back to whatever you have given up because it's all been ruined by chocolate and alcohol.

I say this with a cheese biscuit in my mouth and good intentions in my heart."

Tomorrow I am on a training course for one of my voluntary jobs. I may well need alcohol after that too. And during it, actually!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Listen to the devil sat on your shoulder "

No I'm not!!!

Listen to lickety though. Don't give in! You've worked so hard and all you'll get will be a hangover and self disgust.

But if you do want a reward, find a good chocolate shop and buy one choccie that's made with better chocolate than high st stuff and make it special.

Because your tastebuds have been reset you now realise how tasteless and full of sugar a lot of chocolate is.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Kinky, one chocolate will not ruin your diet...would you chuck a whole bunch of flowers out cos one of them died??? Nah, then don't chuck the last 4 weeks away cos of a wee choccie fix that you didn't even enjoy...have smirnoff in moderation with diet mixers - one day doesn't ruin your diet, honest

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've been on a soup diet all week. Somehow I haven't had any soup this week at all.

The hard part was making the decision to start and getting through the first hellish week, Kinky. Remember why you started, don't beat yourself up and get back on track.

over a year ago

Thanks all. There's no question of the diet being ruined. I've got a few months to go yet.

It is spoiled for today though. I may take tomorrow off. Lunch is included on the course I am on so not having to worry about the exact content of everything will make life easier. I'm not planning on stuffing myself, just not having to scrutinise everything and interrogate whoever bought the food!

The diet continues!

I remain undecided about the vodka though. It looks so lonely sitting there.

(For those interested, -12lbs in those 4 weeks though some of that will be fluid.)

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Out of interest what was the chocolate that you had?....

over a year ago

That's a fantastic loss, well done!!!

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"...........

(For those interested, -12lbs in those 4 weeks though some of that will be fluid.)"

Well done. That rate of loss probably means you stand a better chance of keeping it off.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Brilliant weight loss in 4 weeks Kinky...keep it up

over a year ago

I have not eaten choclate for 2 months now and to be honest when i go into a shop and see all these promotions for choclate etc it just does not interest me anymore.

I used to have a really sweet tooth but after going from 12st 4 down to 11st 1 and being able to see my abs as well as feel them there is no way i'm going back,not that i was fat but i am much leaner now and have loads more energy.

Just goes to show what will power can do

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Thanks all. There's no question of the diet being ruined. I've got a few months to go yet.

It is spoiled for today though. I may take tomorrow off. Lunch is included on the course I am on so not having to worry about the exact content of everything will make life easier. I'm not planning on stuffing myself, just not having to scrutinise everything and interrogate whoever bought the food!

The diet continues!

I remain undecided about the vodka though. It looks so lonely sitting there.

(For those interested, -12lbs in those 4 weeks though some of that will be fluid.)"

Well done! And just because you had a bad day (or even two) nothing is lost... plan what you ll do tomorrow (sounds like you have done already) and go back on it the day after. 12 Lbs in 4 weeks is fabulous and a steady loss which makes it so much more likely you ll keep it off

over a year ago

"Out of interest what was the chocolate that you had?...."

Something utterly rubbishy which I am ashamed to admit to in public!

Standard, big brand, sugar stuffed, low cocoa content milk chocolate.

By *roquoisMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I've just had my first chocolate in 4 minutes

Post new Message to Thread