Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

am I a dingus?

Jump to newest

By *he tactile technician OP   Man
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

Arranged to meet yesterday in Granary square, Kings Cross, checked out the location, it boasts to be the newest most vibrant piatza in central London, with the London Fashion school at its centre piece, some real cool and modern architecture, a stones throw from the west end, water front location with Regents Canal...so imagine what a dingus I felt when we hooked up for our meet, 100's of fountains going, sun shining, and the square packed to over flowing with burger vans! We wandered around a bit in search of a quiet spot for some lunch and that all important 'getting to know one another' privacy, and stumbled on hoarding after hoarding explaining with artists impressions how buzzing and the place to be seen in Granary square will be, but just not right away, be patient, it's coming,!!! Dingus moments? Harry Hill will pay £200 for the best I'm a twat get me out of here dvd!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Didn't you just pop into St Pancras instead? The food is good in the Betjeman.

By *he tactile technician OP   Man
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

"Didn't you just pop into St Pancras instead? The food is good in the Betjeman."
Hmmmm, I will have to remember that recommendation for a future meet. I think there's a rain check to be sorting out

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I arranged a first meet with a lady at a pub I knew of midway between us. She arrived there first and called me to say 'you do know that pub has now closed down...?'

erm, no! It had been so long since I'd met up with anyone I had no idea!!

Cue hasty discussion of other suitable venues locally and me arriving to meet her suitably embarrassed!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I arranged a first meet with a lady at a pub I knew of midway between us. She arrived there first and called me to say 'you do know that pub has now closed down...?'

Cue hasty discussion of other suitable venues locally and me arriving to meet her suitably embarrassed!

"

I might have thought you were a timewasting wind-up merchant. Good job she called you.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I arranged a first meet with a lady at a pub I knew of midway between us. She arrived there first and called me to say 'you do know that pub has now closed down...?'

I might have thought you were a timewasting wind-up merchant. Good job she called you."

I agree... I was very lucky she saw the funny side.... have made a mental note to make sure I get out more often (or arrive at the venue first!!)

Post new Message to Thread