Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Playing Chess With Pigeons

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I won't go into detail as to the subject of the argument, but I was having a heated debate with someone earlier who started to realise they were losing..badly

She then decided to turn to abuse which only fuelled me into belittling her further.

Chess with pigeons...You make your move, they knock the pieces over and shit on the board whilst strutting around like they won.

Don't you hate that?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've purposefully avoided playing chess with a woman. If she loses she'll blame it on PMT and then me, but if she wins I'd never hear the last of it.

Chess is for men. Period. (not that sort of period).

over a year ago

"I've purposefully avoided playing chess with a woman. If she loses she'll blame it on PMT and then me, but if she wins I'd never hear the last of it.

Chess is for men. Period. (not that sort of period). "

I dont agree - I have a strange relationship with a chess board ........ and its pieces ....

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Chess with pigeons

Is that a saying?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's a simile

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Oh ok

over a year ago

"I've purposefully avoided playing chess with a woman. If she loses she'll blame it on PMT and then me, but if she wins I'd never hear the last of it.

I dont agree - I have a strange relationship with a chess board ........ and its pieces .... "

Bashing the bishop perhaps ?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've played chess with people as the pieces. That didn't work out too well as they all kept making their own decisions about where to move.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Its when I play Draughts I come a cropper.

Cropper

over a year ago

"I've played chess with people as the pieces. That didn't work out too well as they all kept making their own decisions about where to move."

Sounds like life.

over a year ago

I haven't tried it but I have played chess with rooks.......

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I haven't tried it but I have played chess with rooks......."

I did once play with a Bishop but it wasn't chess it was Scrabble.

over a year ago

Went to a chess Xmas ball once!

But they threw me out after half an hour as I left the door open and a draught came in!

Boom Boom!

over a year ago

I dont agree - I have a strange relationship with a chess board ........ and its pieces ....

Bashing the bishop perhaps ? "

no it involved a parrot and a chess table ............

over a year ago

" I won't go into detail as to the subject of the argument, but I was having a heated debate with someone earlier who started to realise they were losing..badly

She then decided to turn to abuse which only fuelled me into belittling her further.

Chess with pigeons...You make your move, they knock the pieces over and shit on the board whilst strutting around like they won.

Don't you hate that?"

I find that if you have obviously 'won' the argument and they have turned to abuse the best response is to start congratulating (ironically of course) on their imaginative use of the English language. I find anybody who is daft enough to think abusing someone is going to turn a lost argument in their favour has no idea how to respond when instead of being offended by their insults you appear to actually be entertained by them.

And as for actual chess, I have found that if a woman takes the time and effort to become a good player they can be very hard to beat. I used to a lot of chess online as a teenager (which probably explains why I was a virgin till I was 20!) and rarely came across female players who took it seriously, but the few that did were very good at it.

Post new Message to Thread