Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

member of parliament sack her

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Putting to one side which.party nadine dorris the mp who has joined i am a non celebrity get me out of here, in my _iew should be sacked as mp.

She told no one and as she is employed and paid for by taxpayers should get booted. If anyone else left their job without letting employers know they would be sacked.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Putting to one side which.party nadine dorris the mp who has joined i am a non celebrity get me out of here, in my _iew should be sacked as mp.

She told no one and as she is employed and paid for by taxpayers should get booted. If anyone else left their job without letting employers know they would be sacked."

personally i couldnt give a fuck....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I thought she had been sacked already.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Can she be sacked? She was elected by local people after being chosen by her local constituency party.

They can deselect her for next time but I doubt anyone can actually 'sack' her - much as we'd all want to.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I thought she had been sacked already."

The party has suspended her.

It's like being sent to the naughty step to think about what you've done and promise never to do it again.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I thought she had been sacked already."

No her party has suspended her to sack her would mean an ekection which the tories would be likrlu yo lose. Odd though cameron comes down hard on this yet his mate who he promoted who abused cops was defended to the extreme.

over a year ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/20221557

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I thought she had been sacked already.

No her party has suspended her to sack her would mean an ekection which the tories would be likrlu yo lose. Odd though cameron comes down hard on this yet his mate who he promoted who abused cops was defended to the extreme."

Cameron's jaicket's on a shoogly nail, all the more so since it's obvious Clegg's days are numbered.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I thought she had been sacked already.

No her party has suspended her to sack her would mean an ekection which the tories would be likrlu yo lose. Odd though cameron comes down hard on this yet his mate who he promoted who abused cops was defended to the extreme.

Cameron's jaicket's on a shoogly nail, all the more so since it's obvious Clegg's days are numbered.

"

Am I allowed to take a moment to play that in my head in a Glasgow accent?

over a year ago

What a person does on their holibobs is up to them, but look at this woman's reasoning for going on I'm a Celeb... she researched the _iewing figures and realised she could reach millions of people who watch the show religiously.

Her party should be praising her for thinking on her feet, not withdrawing the whip. Her only mistake was not telling them what she was about to do, but I suspect she didn't because they would have stopped her.

I think she should donate to charity the £40k she'll be paid for appearing though.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"What a person does on their holibobs is up to them, but look at this woman's reasoning for going on I'm a Celeb... she researched the _iewing figures and realised she could reach millions of people who watch the show religiously.

Her party should be praising her for thinking on her feet, not withdrawing the whip. Her only mistake was not telling them what she was about to do, but I suspect she didn't because they would have stopped her.

I think she should donate to charity the £40k she'll be paid for appearing though."

Her party is still reeling from the internal kicking they got last week. The last thing they're prepared to countenance is a bampot blonde who's realised the writing is on the wall for both her and her party and is looking for life after death - a bit like Louise Mensch (spelling).

She's the second of what will be many.

over a year ago

They don't work to represent us anyway so I doubt her absence will be missed by the general public.

If not her it'll be some other entitled person there to line their own pockets while the country goes down the pan.

She shouldn't be paid for the time she's absent though.

over a year ago

"What a person does on their holibobs is up to them, but look at this woman's reasoning for going on I'm a Celeb... she researched the _iewing figures and realised she could reach millions of people who watch the show religiously.

I think she should donate to charity the £40k she'll be paid for appearing though."

She isn't on her hollibobs. She should be working. Nobody else gets to fuck off on a whim, expecting for their job to be there when they get back.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I think she should donate to charity the £40k she'll be paid for appearing though.

She isn't on her hollibobs. She should be working. Nobody else gets to fuck off on a whim, expecting for their job to be there when they get back."

The problem remains. There's no way of sacking her.

That's what we have to address.

over a year ago

Her party is still reeling from the internal kicking they got last week. The last thing they're prepared to countenance is a bampot blonde who's realised the writing is on the wall for both her and her party and is looking for life after death - a bit like Louise Mensch (spelling).

She's the second of what will be many."

On the contrary, the Tories will romp the election in 2015 as Ed the Red is unelectable and Clegg is finished.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

On the contrary, the Tories will romp the election in 2015 as Ed the Red is unelectable and Clegg is finished."

Have you been in a bookies recently? They'll be delighted to have your money on that wager.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

On the contrary, the Tories will romp the election in 2015 as Ed the Red is unelectable and Clegg is finished."

Have you been in a bookies recently? They'll be delighted to have your money on that wager.

over a year ago

She isn't on her hollibobs. She should be working. Nobody else gets to fuck off on a whim, expecting for their job to be there when they get back.

That's what we have to address."

Her local Conservative party can deselect her, but she will keep her seat as an indepedant until the next election, where she can choose to run again but it's more likely that whoever her local party install as their new Tory candidate will obviously take the Tory vote.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"What a person does on their holibobs is up to them,

She isn't on her hollibobs. She should be working. Nobody else gets to fuck off on a whim, expecting for their job to be there when they get back."

MPs are like teachers they get a holiday when parliament closes for the summer (I know theres a proper term for it but it is 2am). How would you feel if your child's teacher took a month off during term time and there wasn't any cover for them?

That's what she's done.

over a year ago

"On the contrary, the Tories will romp the election in 2015 as Ed the Red is unelectable and Clegg is finished.

Have you been in a bookies recently? They'll be delighted to have your money on that wager."

Thanks for the heads up, I'll get good odds on the Tories winning then.

We've three years to go before the next Gen. Election and you'll start seeing all the tax breaks and giveaways in 2014. That's how one 'buys' an election, although, having said that, Labour couldn't 'buy' 2010 cos there wasn't any cash left in the kitty.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

That's what we have to address.

Her local Conservative party can deselect her, but she will keep her seat as an indepedant until the next election, where she can choose to run again but it's more likely that whoever her local party install as their new Tory candidate will obviously take the Tory vote."

Whilst what you say is absolutely true it's hard to see what your point is.

over a year ago

We don't have a viable political party at the moment. They are all greedy and out of touch. They want to take what they can during their term and none of them look long-term or try to do anything for the people they should be representing.

This country is screwed.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

MPs are like teachers they get a holiday when parliament closes for the summer (I know theres a proper term for it but it is 2am). How would you feel if your child's teacher took a month off during term time and there wasn't any cover for them?

That's what she's done. "

It ain't a holiday. MPs, at least the good ones, do more during recess than the rest of the year.

Being an MP is a crap job. It's 24x7 for not a lot of money, always in the public eye and usually a long way from home.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"We don't have a viable political party at the moment. They are all greedy and out of touch. They want to take what they can during their term and none of them look long-term or try to do anything for the people they should be representing.

This country is screwed."

Thank you Mr Romney.

By *obbygggMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Hate the lot of them All got their snouts in the same trough.

over a year ago

"We don't have a viable political party at the moment. They are all greedy and out of touch. They want to take what they can during their term and none of them look long-term or try to do anything for the people they should be representing.

This country is screwed.

Thank you Mr Romney."

Not even close.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

That's what she's done.

It ain't a holiday. MPs, at least the good ones, do more during recess than the rest of the year.

Being an MP is a crap job. It's 24x7 for not a lot of money, always in the public eye and usually a long way from home."

It may be a crap job but they go into it with their eyes open.

And it's the really good ones that work their cotton socks off for their constituents. I fail to see how she is working for her constituents when she has signed a contract to stay in Australia for the length of the run of the show even if she is the first out.

over a year ago

Crap job with poor pay?

My heart bleeds for them.

over a year ago

Why don't you read the woman's words for her reasons for going on the programme. She has stated that she wanted to do it so that she could air her _iews in front of millions of people she wouldn't normally be able to reach. Further, she belives that MPs should utlise all methods for getting their message out, including popularist media outlets. Whether that's just nothing more than soundbites remains to be seen, or maybe the whip being withdrawn and all this hullabaloo exposure she's getting was carefully orchestrated, we won't know that for sure either, but one thing is for certain: millions of people will be watching her to see what she has to say.

I know I'd much rather see an MP trying ot take her role seriously than one who is continually looking for his/her next expense fiddle.

I still think she should donate her fee to charity though. She'd win a lot of support if she did.

over a year ago

totally agree wishy xxxxxxxxxx

absolutely bob on, id give her a chance.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Sadly the only time the public will hear and see her with her mouth open is when eating a kangaroo anus.

The programme editing will likely only show a very small percentage, maybe if she gets a rant going over a policy with another contestant.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

And no to sacking, she had intent to do well I believe.

over a year ago

"Sadly the only time the public will hear and see her with her mouth open is when eating a kangaroo anus.

The programme editing will likely only show a very small percentage, maybe if she gets a rant going over a policy with another contestant.

"

She should ensure that every word she utters is political then.

By *teborahCouple
over a year ago

warrington

In a nutshell!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Her public supporter is Lembit Opik!

We know how the show works and she is naive to think that she will be able to get her policy position across on screen during the show. However, she now has more publicity than most back-benchers. The public will vote for her to do every grisly task and so she will remain in the show for the duration.

As I said earlier this week, we should just change the whole voting system to bush tucker trial level and let the public vote on expensive phone lines as many times as they like. (Ok, I didn't exactly say that for those that find the thread.)

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

I bet forcing random MPs to eat a kangaroos anus would get the Parliamentary Channels _iewing figure up.

Should she be sacked? Definitely.

Can she be sacked? No

Hopefully she won't be claim8ng any expenses while she is away.

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Is she flasing her tits already? Is she fit????

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

I heard a debate on the radio arguing 'What if she does well, you'd be foolish to sack her'?

Depends on what is editted out as Im sure she will be trying to get her point across and politicans dont usually get such a big audience to do so.

over a year ago

"Hate the lot of them All got their snouts in the same trough."

Do you vote?

By *itboyslim2Man
over a year ago

stevenage

"Is she flasing her tits already? Is she fit???? "

Not yet... but yes she is fit

(there is an H in Flashing lol)

over a year ago

"Depends on what is editted out as Im sure she will be trying to get her point across and politicans dont usually get such a big audience to do so."

Which is precisely why she is going on the show. In her own words.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Depends on what is editted out as Im sure she will be trying to get her point across and politicans dont usually get such a big audience to do so.

Which is precisely why she is going on the show. In her own words."

Is that a good enough reason if she misses an important vote in the House? Or, if something happens in her constituency and her voters need to speak to her?

over a year ago

"Depends on what is editted out as Im sure she will be trying to get her point across and politicans dont usually get such a big audience to do so.

Which is precisely why she is going on the show. In her own words.

Is that a good enough reason if she misses an important vote in the House? Or, if something happens in her constituency and her voters need to speak to her?"

No, it isn't. Her primary responsibility should be to her constituents. That's what they elected her for. That's what she's paid for.

over a year ago

It's getting to the point where no one has any respect for MP's , she has to be sacked end off !

over a year ago

"It's getting to the point where no one has any respect for MP's , she has to be sacked end off !"

Whilst I agree with your first point, as has already been stated, she cannot be sacked.

over a year ago

I’ll hazard a guess she gets an early run of bush-tucker trials……

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I’ll hazard a guess she gets an early run of bush-tucker trials…… "

She is going to get every bush-tucker trial. If she fails to win food for her jungle mates she isn't going to get much of a chance to talk about anything. Cut to shower under a waterfall scene where she ponders why the others don't like her.

Or, she's made for this and they all love her and every _iewer here thinks she's the best thing since Tony Blackburn.

I don't watch but I suspect I will be hearing a lot about this series. It will be covered on the news as well as the daytime television things so she will reach the widest audience possible.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Somehow I can't see the producers letting her turn the show into a soapbox.

Unless it's VERY controversial

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Somehow I can't see the producers letting her turn the show into a soapbox.

Unless it's VERY controversial"

They will watch the ratings and the press coverage and their edit will reflect what the public baying calls for.

Post new Message to Thread