Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pip Schofield

Jump to newest

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Was Philip right to give PM Cameron a card of accused members of the so called paedophile ring, on live television?

At fiirst, before knowing why PM Cameron was on the programme, I thought, 'yeah, why not? He should answer anything about downing street etc.' But then I found out, he was actually on 'This Morning' to discuss Dimentia.

Do you think the Silver Fox was right to pass Cameron the card with rumoured names and ask what he thought about it all, or was it bad inter_iewing?

Personally, I feel it was an underlying ruse to get Cameron on their programme to discuss Dimentia, to go onto the whole alledged peadophile ring.

Apologies to admin/mods iif this is not allowed, I have repeated what has been on sky news, and have not named any names I have easily found on line.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I thought it was wrong and DC handled it really well in my opinion

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I thought it was wrong and DC handled it really well in my opinion"
From what i have seen, i agree.

By *reenonionsMan
over a year ago

Nr Exeter

It looked like a cheap move, shameful

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A disgusting thing to do unless formal charges have been made, in sexual crimes, false accusations can tar a person for the rest of their life.

over a year ago

Philip Schofield made a serious error of judgement in carrying out that silly stunt. Not only do the majority of people regard Philip Schofield's actions as stupid, but I'm sure Philip Schofield regrets his actions too.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"A disgusting thing to do unless formal charges have been made, in sexual crimes, false accusations can tar a person for the rest of their life."

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Philip Schofield made a serious error of judgement in carrying out that silly stunt. Not only do the majority of people regard Philip Schofield's actions as stupid, but I'm sure Philip Schofield regrets his actions too."

yeah, I agree... his face told that

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

did seem to be a bit of 'populist grand standing', with there being several enquiries already into historic cases and allegations etc..

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

A cheap move for me.....plus I think it is very worrying that names are bandied about on the net with serious allegations.

It could go seriously wrong for some people if they are innocent as mud sticks.

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

I have always said previously, trial by media is totally wrong!

Having read reports onllne today, basically accusing everyone and everyone, I did feel it was totally wrong, considering it was meant to be about a massive issue such as dementia.

I love the Silver Fox, but do think this was wrong, and could be classed as getting Cameron on under false pretensions

over a year ago

any chance to out a peado should be taken, where or when shoudnt come into it, lets keep kids safe ok !!!!!!!!!!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"any chance to out a peado should be taken, where or when shoudnt come into it, lets keep kids safe ok !!!!!!!!!! "
without proof? Really?

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

Some of the names and allegations I have read today have made me just think, 'dont talk bollocks!'.

But at the end of the day, unfortunately, no one can actually 'look like' an actual sex offender. Just wish there was something like a ready brek glow round them!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"any chance to out a peado should be taken, where or when shoudnt come into it, lets keep kids safe ok !!!!!!!!!! "

unless someone wrongly accuses you or one of your loved ones

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I have no issues with the truth being told when there's evidence. Allegations against what might be the wrong people simply draw attention away from where the real risk is.

It's a bit like naming and shaming on here. We don't do it 'cos it's far too easy to get it wrong and almost as easy to start a campaign to villify someone for no more than reasons of vindictivness.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I am no fan of Cameron but Schofield needs sacking for this disgraceful attempt to put him on the spot on National TV with something he could not possibly legally comment on.

Cameron for his part handled it very well.....

over a year ago

When all is said and done, Schofield is a presenter. He isn't a journalist and as as a presenter he does what he is told. If I was him I would be bloody furious with my producers and director for making me do it. ITV seem to be of the opinion that any controversy is good as it gets people talking about their usual bland anodyne shows.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

are you serious!

you and i have the right to a fair trial in this land, not a witch hunt based on unproven rumour..

and if its good enough for you and i its good enough for everyone..

its not Salem..

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I am no fan of Cameron but Schofield needs sacking for this disgraceful attempt to put him on the spot on National TV with something he could not possibly legally comment on.

Cameron for his part handled it very well....."

I didnt actually watch the inter_iew. But I do like the Schof, and think he was probably told to ask and pressent the 'card' without a proper choice.

Having looked at the internet today in regards to the so called 'paedophile ring' within the government (and previous governments) made me think how the heck have they managed to keep all ths stuff quiet if it is true?

Yes, governments/politicians/people with money are able to keep some things secret, what with the injunctions and all, but surely there must have been a leak somewhere? Or am I being totally naieve???

Dont oppose to being called naeve so long as there are evidentiial facts. Ok, so I looked at pics of former MP'/lords and thought, yeah, they look like your stereotypcal paedo!

Bear in mind, i have had to have dealings with real life paedos, whether they look like one or not, so ddont have a go for me stereotyping. Dealing wth real life paedophiles is a nasty reminder of my old job, but some people have to do it, whether they look like a paedophile or not, t wll always be at the back of your mnd.

over a year ago

The authorities claim to be resolute in seeing that justice is done regarding the recent allegations (and instances) of child abuse.

Almost every day we've seen fresh revelations, accusations, and names bandied about.

Now, because we're not talking about pop stars and celebrities, but the possibility of a cover up involving the ruling classes, it's a 'witch hunt'

bah!

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

"The authorities claim to be resolute in seeing that justice is done regarding the recent allegations (and instances) of child abuse.

Almost every day we've seen fresh revelations, accusations, and names bandied about.

Now, because we're not talking about pop stars and celebrities, but the possibility of a cover up involving the ruling classes, it's a 'witch hunt'

bah!

"

I thiink it was called a 'gay witch hunt' was due to some mp's/mp aides were mainly gay, in the the sources I have read onlne today. Many were classed as 'straght'.

I doubt I will believe these 'stories' until proven, even though researching these 'rumours' was very easy. Until it is is or can be proved, I am very undecided about some of the names I have read today.

And there seem to be a bit of a pattern in regards o homosexual MP's. As far as I am concerned, just cos you are homosexual, doesnt automaticaaly make you a paedophile3

over a year ago

The bit i dont get is

and if i have missed something i apologise

i was watching it on the news earlier and the news reader said it was asked that not all homosexual men should be linked with child abuse

now seeing as all this started with men abusing girls when did gay people come into it? and why just single them out why not said dont link all hetro men, or indeed women too

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/11/12 00:29:46]

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

What I unfortunately read, their. Sexuality mant fuck a??

By *umsuckMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

While no stone must be left unturned in rooting out these evil predators and bringing them to justice it is in danger of becoming a witchunt. Gay rights has come on so much in recent years and we are risking drifting back into the 'if you're gay,you're a pervert' mentality

By *plankyMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Serious error of judgement from someone in the public eye.

If he was a politician his resignation would be just a few days away.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"While no stone must be left unturned in rooting out these evil predators and bringing them to justice it is in danger of becoming a witchunt. Gay rights has come on so much in recent years and we are risking drifting back into the 'if you're gay,you're a pervert' mentality"

Fortunately the American electorate rejected the 'if you're gay,you're a pervert' mentality a couple of days ago.

Whether mainstream UK thought will get there soon, or at all, is open to debate.

over a year ago

Best thing about philip schofield is holly willoughybooby

over a year ago

"Dont oppose to being called naeve so long as there are evidentiial facts.

Ok, so I looked at pics of former MP'/lords and thought, yeah, they look like your stereotypcal paedo!

Bear in mind, i have had to have dealings with real life paedos, whether they look like one or not, so ddont have a go for me stereotyping. Dealing wth real life paedophiles is a nasty reminder of my old job, but some people have to do it, whether they look like a paedophile or not, t wll always be at the back of your mnd."

Is it just me or does anyone else see the glowing contradictment in those two statements?

Nobody 'looks' like a paedophile (if someone does can we have his photo plastered up around every town with a caption saying 'This is a typical paedophile, if you see him or someone that looks like him, please shoot him.'

Hindsight is a wonderful thing where we can look at a convicted person's mugshot and think, "Hmmm, yeah, he looks like he did it, I wonder why he wasn't stopped before he did it."

The answer is, of course, because until a man commits a crime he's an innocent man, and he's still innocent until a court proves his guilt and convicts him.

As for Schofield, he has no defence as he is a presenter and he had a choice to give Cameron that card or not regardless of what his producer instructed him to do. He was a part of the deceit and Cameron showed his composure by not even looking at it and then condemning it's content.

If someone was out to put the PM on the spot I'd say that person scored an own goal.

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

Shouldn't Schofield have given it to the police to investigate?

over a year ago

"Shouldn't Schofield have given it to the police to investigate?"

The media think they ARE the police.

over a year ago

I don't agree with what Schofield did, ITV scored an own goal by trying to sensationalise this. DC was there to talk about dementia apparently and ITV played a cheap shot. Even Labour MPs are saying it was wrong. CAnt imagine DC will go on their sofa again soon.

Ironically, I cannot watch Scofield on TV as I find him creepy

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I didn't see it and didn't hear about it until my nephew asked me what a 'gay witch hunt' is.

I can't believe Schofield took such a cheap and badly aligned shot! It's not his day on This Morning but their little phone poll should probably be about him today.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/11/12 09:41:17]

over a year ago

"Shouldn't Schofield have given it to the police to investigate?

The media think they ARE the police. "

So true!! And no-one seems to be stopping them.

I like Pip. I don't like DC. I think it was totally wrong what Pip did. Whether it was his idea or he was told to do it. Disgusting really. Especially now DC's comments are being picked on but I don't think that is what he meant. He was trying to defend some people but the media are making out he was being homophobic.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"[Removed by poster at 09/11/12 09:41:17]"

i did think when you posted that you may be the only people who supported what Philip did was right...

Now I find it strange you removed that, do you mind me asking why?

was it because you were wary of what others would think of you... if so... so are the people named without possible evidence

over a year ago

"He was trying to defend some people but the media are making out he was being homophobic. "

Huh? How does wanting to protect the rights of gay people not to be outed if they don't wish it equate to being homophobic?

The media is seriously fucked in this country and I foresee a time when the press will be gagged. I'm all for free speech but not at the expense of someone else's right to privacy.

The press should police themselves or find themselved policed by the state.

By *njustifiablybannedCouple
over a year ago

Here

I think PS was right. For far too long people have been too scared to name names.

As far as DC goes. A pedo is a pedo. Up until now, the only reference to the accused's sexuality has be made by DC.

Straight or gay, a pedo is a pedo. I am happy for there to always be a hunt for pedos. As long as they are guilty of what they are accused.

If our government took the lead in investigating this, and appeared to be more open and less protective of MPs perhaps PS would not have done what he did.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

yeah, let name every fucker suspected in the media and let the mob rule.....

I just imagine the bluster that will come from some, a little while back someone on here was shouting for public executions live on TV. Postering for the masses to self inflate their own standing in the community

over a year ago

"I think PS was right. For far too long people have been too scared to name names.

As far as DC goes. A pedo is a pedo. Up until now, the only reference to the accused's sexuality has be made by DC.

Straight or gay, a pedo is a pedo. I am happy for there to always be a hunt for pedos. As long as they are guilty of what they are accused.

If our government took the lead in investigating this, and appeared to be more open and less protective of MPs perhaps PS would not have done what he did.

"

So being suspected of being a paedo is enough to warrant a public outing is it?

You said that "so long as they are guilty of what they are accused" but that can only be determined in a Court of Law. Not by you, and most certainly not by Philip Schofield.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I think PS was right. For far too long people have been too scared to name names.

"

yet you have your faces removed from your pics...... why... out yourself as swingers, nowt wrong with people knowing your sexual habits......

over a year ago

"

You cannot start vigilante campaigns against people who are outed by rumour alone. If this happened you would have vindictive people starting hate campaigns against those they did not like, just to see them tarred and feathered..... a very slippery slope

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

an apology from Philip and ITV live on the show as a camera angle may have allowed _iewers a glance of the card with the names on it...

over a year ago

"an apology from Philip and ITV live on the show as a camera angle may have allowed _iewers a glance of the card with the names on it...

"

backtrack backtrack backtrack

over a year ago

from Mr. Schofield that is.

over a year ago

Here

I have not started anything.

Just giving my opinion.

I think the VICTIMS should take priority.

Not sure why digs have been made about our pics/profile, not really relevant.

over a year ago

Here

Also,

From what has been written in many places, these names were named to the Police years ago, but were covered up by the powers that be.

Time will tell, hopefully the truth will come out, but I expect people to be shocked when it does.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 09/11/12 11:14:20]

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I have not started anything.

Just giving my opinion.

I think the VICTIMS should take priority.

Not sure why digs have been made about our pics/profile, not really relevant."

aren't the people who may have been named by some ( usually invisible ) on the internet be entitled to privacy until charged and found guilty by a court of law, rather than be outed by gossip mongers. I know you didn't name them but you want people named...... yet you choose to have selected the privacy you seek, but maybe not afford it to others.

over a year ago

Here

Time will see.

I appreciate there may be different _iews...

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Time will see.

I appreciate there may be different _iews...

"

over a year ago

Here

[Removed by poster at 09/11/12 11:24:57]

By *aybe_amyWoman
over a year ago

Wales

I fink ders a paediatrician in mi street.

I rekun dat means he clames 2 b a sparky but insted ov fixin da wiring, he fiddles wiv ur kids!!!!!111!!!!

Cum on evry1, grab ur pitchforks n flamin torches n let's gerrim!!!!!!

Or..... we could stop trial by media/social media and let the justice system deal with allegations. The way some of the people in this country are gagging to dish out a bit of vigilante 'justice' scares the living daylights out of me. But, you say that and you get jumped on for 'defending paedos'! I want any offender to be punished within the full extent of the law, and call me old fashioned, but I'm quite fond of all that 'court, judge, jury, being actually found guilty' stuff.

over a year ago

Gordon the Gopher must be turning in his grave.

By *aybe_amyWoman
over a year ago

Wales

"Gordon the Gopher must be turning in his grave. "

He's dead??? Noooooo!

over a year ago

"Gordon the Gopher must be turning in his grave.

He's dead??? Noooooo! "

He committed suicide, he could not endure the shame of being publicly fisted by Scofield.... Sooty set up a help group for puppets, but it was too late for Gordon. I have heard the mouse in Fingerbobs threw himself on a trap after Joffy fingered him in front of 3 million _iewers!

By *hawy06Man
over a year ago

warrington

Good on the scoff all paedos shud be linned up and stoned and the shoot the feet and work they way up shooting every part of them

By *aybe_amyWoman
over a year ago

Wales

He's dead??? Noooooo!

He committed suicide, he could not endure the shame of being publicly fisted by Scofield.... Sooty set up a help group for puppets, but it was too late for Gordon. I have heard the mouse in Fingerbobs threw himself on a trap after Joffy fingered him in front of 3 million _iewers!

"

Always suspicious of Sooty, all that whispering...

By *aybe_amyWoman
over a year ago

Wales

"Good on the scoff all paedos shud be linned up and stoned and the shoot the feet and work they way up shooting every part of them "

Can we wait for evidence and trials, or can we start shooting as soon as Schofe hands over his 'research'?

over a year ago

"Good on the scoff all paedos shud be linned up and stoned and the shoot the feet and work they way up shooting every part of them

Can we wait for evidence and trials, or can we start shooting as soon as Schofe hands over his 'research'?

"

Indiscriminate lynching is the way forward.... Hanging Judge Scofield presiding. Who needs a criminal justice system?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Good on the scoff all paedos shud be linned up and stoned and the shoot the feet and work they way up shooting every part of them

"

All justice should be summary.

Let's outsource all of it to ITV. Family court will be Jeremy Kyle, anything that requires a jury will be This Morning and the _iewing public can phone in their votes and suggestions for punishment. All over by lunchtime, no need for police or courts and all of those buildings can be converted into luxury dwellings on Grand Design (Ch4 getting the housing brief).

over a year ago

All justice should be summary.

Let's outsource all of it to ITV. Family court will be Jeremy Kyle, anything that requires a jury will be This Morning and the _iewing public can phone in their votes and suggestions for punishment. All over by lunchtime, no need for police or courts and all of those buildings can be converted into luxury dwellings on Grand Design (Ch4 getting the housing brief)."

The Big Brother House as a holding cell?

Dexter as executioner?

over a year ago

Why not go the whole hog and identify potential crims when they're still in the womb and shoot the mother before she gives birth.

over a year ago

"Why not go the whole hog and identify potential crims when they're still in the womb and shoot the mother before she gives birth."

that would make a good film idea

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Why not go the whole hog and identify potential crims when they're still in the womb and shoot the mother before she gives birth."

Absolutely! Breeding criminals should be an executionable offence. That's a job for Arnie then.

By *els_Bells OP   Woman
over a year ago

Just watched a clip of the incident, and wow, Cameron handled it extremely well!

They were very very wrong, IMHO, to hand the card and bring it all up when it had not been previously discussed.

over a year ago

"Why not go the whole hog and identify potential crims when they're still in the womb and shoot the mother before she gives birth.

that would make a good film idea "

I nominate Tom Cruise to play me... er.. I mean the lead character.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Good on the scoff all paedos shud be linned up and stoned and the shoot the feet and work they way up shooting every part of them "

what about those in society who think that gay and bisexual people should be ostracised?

kept away from 'normal' people..

you ok with that fella?

oh and its not being a pinko leftie bleeding heart liberal to expect that we dont live in a society where mob rule, lynchings etc etc are acceptable..

do you recall the paediatrician targetted post the NOTW campaign..?

or is that collateral damage perhaps?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

After thinking a bit more about this I want to change my mind.

I do still think the slight showing of a card with peoples names on way out of order.

But as in lots of inter_iews, they don't always stick to the same topic, and most presenters will try and get in questions that were not discussed before hand.....so my comment of it is was a cheap shot to throw that in I change my mind on.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I Ok, so I looked at pics of former MP'/lords and thought, yeah, they look like your stereotypcal paedo!

"

What does a sterotypical peado look like?

By *aybe_amyWoman
over a year ago

Wales

"After thinking a bit more about this I want to change my mind.

I do still think the slight showing of a card with peoples names on way out of order.

But as in lots of inter_iews, they don't always stick to the same topic, and most presenters will try and get in questions that were not discussed before hand.....so my comment of it is was a cheap shot to throw that in I change my mind on.

"

Politicians often get caught out by questions they don't expect. Remember Margaret Thatcher on Saturday Superstore? Probably expecting phone in questions like, "Is it fun being Prime Minister"? Or "Can you please make maths lessons illegal"? Then a little girl completely threw her when she asked where she'd be in the event of a nuclear war! Think I need to go re-watch it on YouTube, that was a cracker

over a year ago

I did not see the show and been reading this how did he get the names. ?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

interesting arguement from those at work...

if the piece of paper had the names that were more clearer/visable.... would those on the list have be able to sue itv and schofield for slander/liabel????

as we have just seen in the ched evans case.... broadcasting something on twitter/facebook doesn give you protection against the law

By *aybe_amyWoman
over a year ago

Wales

"I Ok, so I looked at pics of former MP'/lords and thought, yeah, they look like your stereotypcal paedo!

What does a sterotypical peado look like? "

Beard and a dirty mac, surely everyone knows that. We should take preventative measures and round up all odd looking fellas with beards and macs and shoot them all (from the feet up of course).

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

A father was driven to suicide by rumours he was one of James Bulger's killers, his distraught mother has claimed.

Scott Bradley, 36, was accused of being child murderer Robert Thompson, whose real identity is protected, and suffered months of malicious abuse and torment from a hate mob in the village of Garlieston, Wigtownshire, in Scotland.

Mr Bradley, who moved to Scotland seven years ago, left a heartbreaking suicide note which read: 'They called me all sorts - a paedophile, a follower of young girls, walking around bullying old people.

'The list is endless. And I’m supposed to be a child killer.'

Now his mother Sue, who found her son dead at their home on Sunday, has described how the last 12 months of her son's life became a 'living hell' after the hate mob spread the rumours that he was Thompson, now 29.

Sue said: 'My son was tormented by the allegations. He had a good heart and didn’t deserve this. It’s been heartbreaking.

'He kept saying ‘I’ve had enough, I’m going to kill myself’, but I didn’t believe him.'

****all because of gossips and a lynch mob mentality*****

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

above lifted from a National newspaper

apologies if not allowed

By *aybe_amyWoman
over a year ago

Wales

"A father was driven to suicide by rumours he was one of James Bulger's killers, his distraught mother has claimed.

Scott Bradley, 36, was accused of being child murderer Robert Thompson, whose real identity is protected, and suffered months of malicious abuse and torment from a hate mob in the village of Garlieston, Wigtownshire, in Scotland.

Mr Bradley, who moved to Scotland seven years ago, left a heartbreaking suicide note which read: 'They called me all sorts - a paedophile, a follower of young girls, walking around bullying old people.

'The list is endless. And I’m supposed to be a child killer.'

Now his mother Sue, who found her son dead at their home on Sunday, has described how the last 12 months of her son's life became a 'living hell' after the hate mob spread the rumours that he was Thompson, now 29.

Sue said: 'My son was tormented by the allegations. He had a good heart and didn’t deserve this. It’s been heartbreaking.

'He kept saying ‘I’ve had enough, I’m going to kill myself’, but I didn’t believe him.'

****all because of gossips and a lynch mob mentality*****"

See, this breaks my heart. People in this country are so obsessed with hunting down and torturing supposed paedos, and this is the result of pitchfork vigilantism. There's been plenty of other cases where people get accused, like women being mistaken for Maxine Carr. And even if these mobs are right, and do correctly spot someone who has been released from prison, however vile their crime, if they've served the time the law allotted them, we really can't dish out our own extra 'justice'.

over a year ago

"Was Philip right to give PM Cameron a card of accused members of the so called paedophile ring, on live television?"

Yes. Absolutely 100%.

over a year ago

spot on.

never really liked Schofield, but he's gone way up in my estimation because of this.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"any chance to out a peado should be taken, where or when shoudnt come into it, lets keep kids safe ok !!!!!!!!!!

spot on.

never really liked Schofield, but he's gone way up in my estimation because of this."

lets imagine somebody saw an actaul name of an alledged perpetrator on there, and decided to take violent action against the person named..

the alledged perpetrator is now the victim of whatever, the papers get hold of it and the attacker who meted out the violence is lauded by some..

the alledged perpetrator would probably be also named in the public arena..

the DPP then anounces that the alledged perpetrator will not be put on trial for x,y or z as there is no chance of a conviction..

the real victims dont get justice..

still ok if one of them was your child, nephew, mother etc etc..?

or it transpires that the alledged perpetrator is totally and beyond a reasonable doubt an innocent person..

lets broaden it and someone you fall out with puts posters up in your area saying Eric is a ........

some moron decides to 'sort things out'..

still happy...?

we have a legal system which is not perfect and mistakes are made but its a better one than the one i think you would have...

By *aughtyangieCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Is it just me but dead Jim guilty cos 300 people say no real evidence no pics vid just what news papers Tell us but must be ture dig the body and stick it in the sea But wright down a few Tory s names that we are not allowed to say and you all want to hang poor pip ??

By *aybe_amyWoman
over a year ago

Wales

"

we have a legal system which is not perfect and mistakes are made but its a better one than the one i think you would have...

"

I agree, even though I know it's spoiling the fun of the mobs who are itching to get out there with flaming torches and build a wicker man...

over a year ago

"Was Philip right to give PM Cameron a card of accused members of the so called paedophile ring, on live television?

Yes. Absolutely 100%."

+1..

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

I agree, even though I know it's spoiling the fun of the mobs who are itching to get out there with flaming torches and build a wicker man..."

i cant get my head around the thought processes of folk who are happy with it tbh..

yes its ok for 'this or that' type of alledged person to be the subject of mob mentality etc..

but if it was one of their own falsly accused of a pretty horrible and vile crime..

that would be obviously wrong..

people have topped themselves through false and malicious accusations..

the tittle tattle of the rumour mill..

chucking peoples name all over the net or on twitter is not clever, if schofield had any bollocks why did'nt he go to his local Police station with his list..

let the system do its job and hopefully the right people will be properly held to account as per the law of the land..

the worst ever result would be some clever brief getting someone off when they were bang to rights..

is that justice..?

over a year ago

He's dead??? Noooooo!

Always suspicious of Sooty, all that whispering..."

Contrary to semipopular belief Gorden T Gopher is alive and well. He did turn to drink and drugs after the Gopher/Schofield split (most probably because of the abuse) but has turned a corner. He now works in the USA, and holds the very responsible position of Donald Trumps hairpice. Schofield has been inter_iewed about a reconciliation but made no comment, when questioned about the same Mr Gopher's only comment was "squeak". speaks volumes if you ask me.

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

You cannot start vigilante campaigns against people who are outed by rumour alone. If this happened you would have vindictive people starting hate campaigns against those they did not like, just to see them tarred and feathered..... a very slippery slope "

over a year ago

in Lancashire

He's dead??? Noooooo!

Always suspicious of Sooty, all that whispering...

Contrary to semipopular belief Gorden T Gopher is alive and well. He did turn to drink and drugs after the Gopher/Schofield split (most probably because of the abuse) but has turned a corner. He now works in the USA, and holds the very responsible position of Donald Trumps hairpice. Schofield has been inter_iewed about a reconciliation but made no comment, when questioned about the same Mr Gopher's only comment was "squeak". speaks volumes if you ask me."

poor thing, to have that muppet underneath you most of the day...

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I was annoyed that DC mentioned homosexuals in his comment . Bad enough that through the years Paedophelia and Homosexuality has been all thrown in together in peoples eyes.

No wonder people have been so homophobic in the past.

over a year ago

Without 100% proof that someone has carried out crimes of this nature, it seems a foolish move.

If someone flings enough shit, it will stick, even if they are innocent.

If someone accused Phillip of the same crime, innocent or not, his career and life would be over.

He should have used a different approach to get his point across.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

The BBC is now reporting that Steve Messham, the guy who 'identified' a 'senior conservative politician' against whom he made allegations of sexual abuse, has admitted he identified the wrong man.

Just as well the mob didn't get to the politician first, eh?

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Without 100% proof that someone has carried out crimes of this nature, it seems a foolish move.

If someone accused Phillip of the same crime, innocent or not, his career and life would be over.

He should have used a different approach to get his point across."

Schofield's career may well be over anyway.

over a year ago

"The BBC is now reporting that Steve Messham, the guy who 'identified' a 'senior conservative politician' against whom he made allegations of sexual abuse, has admitted he identified the wrong man.

Just as well the mob didn't get to the politician first, eh? "

Q.E.D.

I hope those advocating any method to expose paedophiles even if the 'accused' is later found to be innocent will now rethink that disastrous, irresponsible, foolish and niave policy.

over a year ago

"Schofield's career may well be over anyway."

Good. Can't stand him anyway. All that fuss he made about going grey prematurely and how he covered it up and then came clean and went grey. What a pussy.

over a year ago

Ooh naughty Philip, I'd not heard anything about this but sounds a bit wrong to me

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"Without 100% proof that someone has carried out crimes of this nature, it seems a foolish move.

He should have used a different approach to get his point across.

Schofield's career may well be over anyway."

there has been far too much of the telentless twit on tv anyway and i wont miss him!.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't think P S should have done it but neither do I understand why another TV show has been vilified for NOT running a piece naming Jimmy Savile.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I was annoyed that DC mentioned homosexuals in his comment . Bad enough that through the years Paedophelia and Homosexuality has been all thrown in together in peoples eyes.

No wonder people have been so homophobic in the past. "

I don't think PS should have showed DC the piece of card but I don't understand why DC mentioned gays. I think I've missed something somewhere.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"The BBC is now reporting that Steve Messham, the guy who 'identified' a 'senior conservative politician' against whom he made allegations of sexual abuse, has admitted he identified the wrong man.

Q.E.D.

I hope those advocating any method to expose paedophiles even if the 'accused' is later found to be innocent will norethink that disastrous, irresponsible, foolish and niave

policy."

I think that on politics and the economy, Wishy and I won't agree but I do on this.

over a year ago

Here

Phillip Schofield.... As the next Roger Cook... no....

over a year ago

"I was annoyed that DC mentioned homosexuals in his comment . Bad enough that through the years Paedophelia and Homosexuality has been all thrown in together in peoples eyes.

I don't think PS should have showed DC the piece of card but I don't understand why DC mentioned gays. I think I've missed something somewhere."

It was in reference to some politicians who are gay and feel threatened that they are about to be outed, it was raised by the abuse victim in Wales who claimed a senior Tory abused him in the Thatcher era - a claim we now know to be unfounded.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I don't think PS should have showed DC the piece of card but I don't understand why DC mentioned gays. I think I've missed something somewhere.

It was in reference to some politicians who are gay and feel threatened that they are about to be outed, it was raised by the abuse victim in Wales who claimed a senior Tory abused him in the Thatcher era - a claim we now know to be unfounded."

We don't actually know the claim to be unfounded. We only know he identified the wrong alleged culprit.

By *john121Man
over a year ago

staffs

Vigilantly journalism! I hope Lord McAlpine sues for every penny off all involved. This may well sound the deathnell for this type of investigative reporting.

Sadly decent journalism will also be affected. But you simply can't go around making accusations with no actual accurate evidence. It may well mean all reports will now be subject to police confirmation and not allowed to be reported up on so as not to jeopardise any investigation or court case. This does more harm for the victims if they can't get justice through our legal system.

No matter how honourable PS may have thought his intentions (if he wasn't glory hunting) he should have gone through proper channels and not highjacked the inter_iew. Far to much coverage to believe nothing would be done.

I have no time for DC but I can now imagine no more inter_iews for this channel or PS no matter how deserving the topic such as the one as to why DC was there.

Yes those involved in these vile practises need to be caught and punished and the victims treated with care and respect but this does more harm than good and may now deter victims from coming forward incase the wrong person is vilified by the press aka McAlpine.

I don't pretend to have all the answers for such an emotive and vile situation and more learned people than me will have to come to some serious answers to what can and can't be reported in the public interest, but I'm sure we all want to know our privacy is protected as we expect here on Fab.

over a year ago

It was in reference to some politicians who are gay and feel threatened that they are about to be outed, it was raised by the abuse victim in Wales who claimed a senior Tory abused him in the Thatcher era - a claim we now know to be unfounded.

We don't actually know the claim to be unfounded. We only know he identified the wrong alleged culprit."

Ok, the claim against Lord McAlpine is unfounded, if you must be pedantic about it.

By *john121Man
over a year ago

staffs

We don't actually know the claim to be unfounded. We only know he identified the wrong alleged culprit."

Are you serious? The alleged victim has appologised unreservedly!

Have you read McAlpines statement?

Facts in it that would be very easy to prove or disprove....you've just highlighted/proved if its been said it must be true!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Vigilantly journalism! I hope Lord McAlpine sues for every penny off all involved. This may well sound the deathnell for this type of investigative reporting.

"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20269114

To be fair to the media this time, it was the accuser who made the mistake not the media.

By *john121Man
over a year ago

staffs

"Vigilantly journalism! I hope Lord McAlpine sues for every penny off all involved. This may well sound the deathnell for this type of investigative reporting.

To be fair to the media this time, it was the accuser who made the mistake not the media."

To be fair the bbc should have checked the evidence first..eg a qualifying picture! Not rocket science is it.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I can imagine a scenario where the young Messham may have been influenced to believe it was McAlpine, or even someone with a similar sounding name, and continued to believe that all of his life.

I am finding it harder to imagine that he then never (ever) saw an image of McAlpine before speaking to the press.

Investigate the abuse every time. Investigate!

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Q.E.D.

I hope those advocating any method to expose paedophiles even if the 'accused' is later found to be innocent will now rethink that disastrous, irresponsible, foolish and niave policy."

ditto...

over a year ago

in Lancashire

To be fair to the media this time, it was the accuser who made the mistake not the media."

but given the length of time since the allegation, to not fully double check and at least show a picture of mcalpine to sheeham is staggering incompetence...

yes newsnight have had their editor on gardining leave post not running the saville story..

maybe as they had been held in check over saville they let their frustration and their desire to do some good for another victim cloud their judgement..?

in some peoples eyes they will have damaged the credibility of the victims, and lets hop that other's will still come forward..

the DG of the beeb looks like a rabbit in the headlights, doesnt look in control at all..

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

To be fair to the media this time, it was the accuser who made the mistake not the media.

but given the length of time since the allegation, to not fully double check and at least show a picture of mcalpine to sheeham is staggering incompetence...

"

From what I understand it was the police who cocked up and gave the man the wrong name. Now ok the media could have phoned up the police and asked them who it was the man had identified, but I am guessing that information wouldn't have been forthcoming?

By *john121Man
over a year ago

staffs

From what I understand it was the police who cocked up and gave the man the wrong name. Now ok the media could have phoned up the police and asked them who it was the man had identified, but I am guessing that information wouldn't have been forthcoming?"

Surely not difficult for the press to show him photos of high ranking Tories from the time frame concerned; and those that drove RR's to narrow the field down further. It's supposed to be investigative journalism isn't it?

over a year ago

This is the frightening power of the media:

It has now emerged that Phillip Schofield collated the list of alleged paedophiles that he presented to David Cameron after trawling the internet for THREE MINUTES.

He will have had absolutely no time to research if those people whose names he put on the list were victims of some sort of online trolling or were genuine suspects in this entire shameful business.

I recall Jonathon Ross and Ruseel Brand were suspended/sacked for far less serious misdemeanors. Schofield should be sacked.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"This is the frightening power of the media:

It has now emerged that Phillip Schofield collated the list of alleged paedophiles that he presented to David Cameron after trawling the internet for THREE MINUTES.

He will have had absolutely no time to research if those people whose names he put on the list were victims of some sort of online trolling or were genuine suspects in this entire shameful business.

I recall Jonathon Ross and Ruseel Brand were suspended/sacked for far less serious misdemeanors. Schofield should be sacked."

He is being disciplined, apparently. ITV and This Morning have yet to state what that form that will take.

over a year ago

I recall Jonathon Ross and Ruseel Brand were suspended/sacked for far less serious misdemeanors. Schofield should be sacked."

If you listen to the inter_iew again, I think he basically admits that as he hands the card over.

over a year ago

I recall Jonathon Ross and Ruseel Brand were suspended/sacked for far less serious misdemeanors. Schofield should be sacked.

If you listen to the inter_iew again, I think he basically admits that as he hands the card over. "

He showed a clear error of judgement and as an experienced presenter he should have known better.

Off with his head I say!!

over a year ago

If you listen to the inter_iew again, I think he basically admits that as he hands the card over.

He showed a clear error of judgement and as an experienced presenter he should have known better.

Off with his head I say!! "

As I said before, I find him creepy... but I don't believe that's a crime in itself. If it was stoning should be the penal tariff

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

"He is being disciplined, apparently. ITV and This Morning have yet to state what that form that will take."

Apparently a naked Holly Willobooby is going to put him over her knee and spank him with a wet cod

over a year ago

"He is being disciplined, apparently. ITV and This Morning have yet to state what that form that will take.

Apparently a naked Holly Willobooby is going to put him over her knee and spank him with a wet cod"

I think she looks like a frog

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

"He is being disciplined, apparently. ITV and This Morning have yet to state what that form that will take.

Apparently a naked Holly Willobooby is going to put him over her knee and spank him with a wet cod

I think she looks like a frog "

Awww she speaks very highly of you

over a year ago

I think she looks like a frog "

I've never made that connection before but now you mention it ...

I think she looks like Miss Piggy too, but better looking, sort of.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I think she looks like a frog

I've never made that connection before but now you mention it ...

I think she looks like Miss Piggy too, but better looking, sort of. "

I wouldn't complain about shagging that pig

over a year ago

Well he got a 'reprimand' but ITV are not saying what form it took.

Didn't Russell Brand/Jonathan Ross get sacked/suspended for a whole lot less?

over a year ago

It was wrong, but did Schofield get a choice or was he told to hand the list over?

Post new Message to Thread