Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

comet closing sale

Jump to newest

By *uckscouple2007 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

Apparently it started this morning.. Did anyone pick up any bargains?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tarkersandcrutchCouple
over a year ago

TELFORD

load of rubbish, no bargains to be had, most things had a measly 10% off!

By *emo and HollyCouple
over a year ago

neath

The Grim Reaper came for me last night , and I beat him off with a vacuum cleaner. Talk about Dyson with death.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ten percent off everything I had been going to buy a laptop last week but didn't as I had a family crisis, got it today and saved fifty quid

over a year ago

dam I hoping to get a food processor

over a year ago

Comet sale is rubbish. 20% off stuff i wouldnt buy if it was 50% off!

over a year ago

Wait a while and the prices will drop.

They just trying to get the best price they can, after all if you were owed money by comet you would want as much of it as possible.

The only "FIRE SALE" that has no fires for sale

over a year ago

my sons getting married, and they need a washing machine, fridge freezer and cooker, so would make a good wedding prezzi if they were cheap enough...

over a year ago

there will be no sale !!!

Dixons - will buy all the remaining stock from the administrators or the liquidators..

By *uckscouple2007 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

"my sons getting married, and they need a washing machine, fridge freezer and cooker, so would make a good wedding prezzi if they were cheap enough..."

You could try haggling for good price for all 3

over a year ago

Martin Lewis reckons it's not worth bothering with.

over a year ago

"my sons getting married, and they need a washing machine, fridge freezer and cooker, so would make a good wedding prezzi if they were cheap enough...

You could try haggling for good price for all 3"

hahaha we ain't in Turkey! x

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"load of rubbish, no bargains to be had, most things had a measly 10% off! "

And asking got any more than that off is seen as just un thinkable... Even of you're buying multiple items.

I'd say the site is being kept offline to get people frenzy buying.

Noooope

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/11/12 22:14:09]

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Asking for any more)

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"Martin Lewis reckons it's not worth bothering with."

And he'd be right. Most things can be bought cheaper online.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

As others have said, it has been reportedly a bag of shite.

Wouldnt mind, but I need a new kettle, toaster n microwave grrrr

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

I bought a laptop, camera and washing machine from them a couple of months ago. Is my guarantee invalid now?

over a year ago

Who will pick up the guarantees for the next 12months??

over a year ago

I would be quite wary about buying any valuable items from Comet as they have stated that no goods are covered by a shop warranty, i.e. you can't get a refund on faulty goods. In any case they are closing down and you'll be left with the manufacturer's warranty only.

Some of the stuff there isn't that cheap by any measure. They are selling HMDI cables for 100 quid, so 10% off that is still 90 quid for a bloody cable that is only worth a tenner.

Additionally if you are the least bit curious about where your money is going it will go straight to pay off the administrators fees and the owners of Comet, that is already wealthy people getting even wealthier. They can make the most money by liquidating the stock rather than trying to sell it as a going concern, even after paying off the suppliers.

People who have ordered and paid for goods that are no longer in stock will not get, not get a refund and not be offered an alternative because according to the administrators payment was made to Comet before it was taken over.

Oh, and a few thousand employees will be laid off in time for Christmas.

I know everyone loves a bargain and some people can't resist going but there are no bargains there and you are buying off spivs in suits so I will give this one a miss.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Who will pick up the guarantees for the next 12months?? "

The washing machine and latop makers etc

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"Who will pick up the guarantees for the next 12months??

The washing machine and latop makers etc "

Phew!!

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

lol looks like their sale isnt gathering much pace. US owners attempt to recoup fat cat wages plan is failing miserably???

***from Sky news

It launched a "massive" liquidation sale on Thursday, but many customers were left disappointed by the level of discount.

On Friday, Matt Bodell tweeted: "FYI anyone thinking of going Comet for the liquidation/clearance sale. Dont bother its like 10% off. Hold out for the prices to drop in 2wks (sic)."

And Graeme Chapman added: "sad it may be about Comet but their going out of business sale isn't much of a sale."

over a year ago

"lol looks like their sale isnt gathering much pace. US owners attempt to recoup fat cat wages plan is failing miserably???

***from Sky news

It launched a "massive" liquidation sale on Thursday, but many customers were left disappointed by the level of discount.

On Friday, Matt Bodell tweeted: "FYI anyone thinking of going Comet for the liquidation/clearance sale. Dont bother its like 10% off. Hold out for the prices to drop in 2wks (sic)."

And Graeme Chapman added: "sad it may be about Comet but their going out of business sale isn't much of a sale.""

Well I thought I might get a bargain there as I needed a new oven - WRONG!! my is coming from someone else lol and cheaper

over a year ago

As the sale has only started comet will only be offering 10% discount, the bigger bargains wont come until they have sold all the stock from their warehouses, it will be the display items that will have the bigger discounts on them.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

I chatted to 3 different assistants in 2 different stores... each were so uncustomer friendly.

In any electrical store there is always room for a little negotiation on price but the staff were just like 'nope, thats the price'

silly really - what does it matter to them if someones gets a bargin

over a year ago

I used to work for comet their customer service is shit and bound to be worse now i wouldn't bother x

over a year ago

"I chatted to 3 different assistants in 2 different stores... each were so uncustomer friendly.

In any electrical store there is always room for a little negotiation on price but the staff were just like 'nope, thats the price'

silly really - what does it matter to them if someones gets a bargin"

I used to work for the opposition, and was in a store that was closing due to a bigger new sparkly store being opened, are instructions were to just stick to the 10% in the first few weeks, so maybe the assistant is just doing as they are told

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

LOL, if it were me ... losing my job in those circumstances - id say fuck em . £50 the lot

Post new Message to Thread