Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bradley Wiggins

Jump to newest

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple
over a year ago

bristol

and now the Head Coach of GB both injured in cycling accidents .. wots going on ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

same as allways;look on youtube

according to most car drivers

we shouldnt be on the road

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

More cyclists now on the road and generally very poor driving skills by those people in charge of motorised killing machines.

No doubt the thread will descend into the usual tribal warfare but the anti cyclists need to remember that most cyclists are also car drivers and if even more car drivers took to cycling on at least some of their journeys, there would be less congestion and the overall driving experience far better.

over a year ago

bristol

oh i know .. the arguments on the forums on our local paper are relentless .. doesnt matter wot story their running .. cyclists are to blame ! lol

on a brighter note .. i was thinking of messaging Bradley and cheering him up with the news that I got offered £1500 for being ran ova on me bike a few months ago ..lol

how insulting can u get ??

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

I don't have a problem with cyclists being on the road, what I do have a problem with is the ones that think the rules don't apply to them.

over a year ago

Dangerous riding a bike on the road, I would say onb average every forty kilometres you get a near miss due to an unobservant driver.

Ironically the driver that hit wiggo was quoted as saying, "of all the people to hit, bloody bradley wiggins."

As if it would be better if it was a regular cyclist.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I think they should all have targets embroidered into their lycra tops....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I don't have a problem with cyclists being on the road, what I do have a problem with is the ones that think the rules don't apply to them."

what about other road user's?

over a year ago

"I don't have a problem with cyclists being on the road, what I do have a problem with is the ones that think the rules don't apply to them."

Why do you have a problem with that? Are you a Policeman?

Fact is car drivers just get arsey when cyclists and motorcyclists sail past them whilst they are stuck in traffic. Percentage wise there are more stupid drivers than stupid cyclists. Cyclists, on the whole, tend to be car drivers as well as cyclists and do not feel the need to bully other road users out of the way just because they go slower.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I don't mind cyclists it's their saddle bags I hate

over a year ago

I have a problem with cyclists thinking the rules don't apply to them and I am a cyclist. It can be dangerous to break to the rules, for others and for yourself.

The problem I find is cars are adamant that they should over take you even if you are doing a fair old rate. If I'm on a short sprint I can easily out pace traffic through the centre of bath yet so many drivers decide to risk dodgy overtaking manouveres and essentially play wiuth my life.

Ps cyclists should always wear a helmet.

An entirely different can of worms!

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

I think more care should be taken by both motorised vehicle drivers and the cyclists as often a cyclist will cross without checking for the vehicles , especially at junctions . Also the drivers should give the cyclists a wider berth and look twice before pulling out in case one is coming along the road.

over a year ago

I have never hit a cyclist or other cars but my car has been hit twice by bikes while i have been stationary in traffic. Then they just cycle off grrrrr

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I think they should all be made to ride in pairs on tandems....that way motorists could run two over at once.

Productivity

over a year ago

bristol

"I think they should all be made to ride in pairs on tandems....that way motorists could run two over at once.

Productivity"

lol .. how practical .. typical woman !!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I think they should all be made to ride in pairs on tandems....that way motorists could run two over at once.

Productivity"

Ooh you are a naughty one..

over a year ago

"

Ironically the driver that hit wiggo was quoted as saying, "of all the people to hit, bloody bradley wiggins."

As if it would be better if it was a regular cyclist."

Yeah I thought that too. Bit like when loads of people got killed in the hurricane the other week and the papers highlight the fact that X number of Brits were killed. Like the people only matter if they are Brits...??

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

In Bradley`s case I think it`s significant that the accident happened after dark although the road appears to have street lights but also that the car driver involved hasn`t been charged with any offence. I also understand that there was a group with Bradly that may just have made things confusing or difficult to determine the speed being travelled at. Bradley was apparently on a training run and may have going deceptively faster than one would expect a cyclist to travel which also may have a bearing on the incedent.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I think more care should be taken by both motorised vehicle drivers and the cyclists as often a cyclist will cross without checking for the vehicles , especially at junctions . Also the drivers should give the cyclists a wider berth and look twice before pulling out in case one is coming along the road."

Cyclist who go straight through red lights are my bug bear!

And I think more of us should cycle when possible.

over a year ago

bristol

"

Cyclist who go straight through red lights are my bug bear!

And I think more of us should cycle when possible."

amber gamblers are mine !

over a year ago

"

As if it would be better if it was a regular cyclist.

Yeah I thought that too. Bit like when loads of people got killed in the hurricane the other week and the papers highlight the fact that X number of Brits were killed. Like the people only matter if they are Brits...?? "

Yes that's always a bit weird. It's almost as if the other casualties are insignificant but the brits are getting a shout out because their lives were so much more valuable than the others.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"I don't have a problem with cyclists being on the road, what I do have a problem with is the ones that think the rules don't apply to them.

Why do you have a problem with that? Are you a Policeman?

Fact is car drivers just get arsey when cyclists and motorcyclists sail past them whilst they are stuck in traffic. Percentage wise there are more stupid drivers than stupid cyclists. Cyclists, on the whole, tend to be car drivers as well as cyclists and do not feel the need to bully other road users out of the way just because they go slower."

You don't have to be plod to get fed up with near misses

Post new Message to Thread