Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

sexual innuendo in cartoons

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have a 2 year old daughter from a previous relationship that stays with me whenever possible. Now obviously when she's with me she takes over the t.v to watch her cartoons. But I've noticed that a lot of things said in these cartoons could be mistaken for being a bit naughty. After looking it up online there are hundreds of examples pointed out. But do you think its done purposefully or not or is it just that I have a dirty mind

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nope, just goes to show we've perverted minds when we see things like that

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

never noticed .. dont really watch modern cartoons as I've no kids but its a worry if there is!

Get her the biggest Barbie collection there is!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I think the older cartoons and children's programmes were as bad.....captain pugwash for example. Plus there was a clip of rainbow doing the rounds where if you listened to just the audio it sounded very dodgy!!!

over a year ago

"I think the older cartoons and children's programmes were as bad.....captain pugwash for example. Plus there was a clip of rainbow doing the rounds where if you listened to just the audio it sounded very dodgy!!!"

The captain pugwash stuff has gone down in legend as an urban myth ...

But the rainbow clip is pure filth

over a year ago

"I think the older cartoons and children's programmes were as bad.....captain pugwash for example. Plus there was a clip of rainbow doing the rounds where if you listened to just the audio it sounded very dodgy!!!"

If that's the one where they're discussing 'twangers', then it was for a staff and crew Christmas party, apparently... hence the innuendo overload

over a year ago

Some humor is aimed well above the kids heads it's to make it bearable for the parents. They have done this particularly in the cinema release films since the 1950's but it seems harmless as you have to have a perverted mind to catch the reference in the first place.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Apparently there is a still of a topless woman in some film and bugs bunny flashes his quote "furry little friend" getting out of the shower! I know there is a lot of jokes aimed at adults in order for the company to broaden its audience but I'm talking about possible blatant sexual innuendo

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

In a piece I read it said that in Roger Rabbit, when Jessica flies through the air after a car crach she flashes her bits as she has no knickers on...You have to watch it frame by frame to see it. Also in Lion King the word sex is formed by clouds. This came from a studio emplyee...

By *xscotMan
over a year ago

Kingston

one of the most obscene programmes on telly used to be playschool - it was the only way the cast could stay sane. In the 70s I often had to record a weeks worth of programmes then edit them and even transmit them

Might explain why I am the way I am now - lol

over a year ago

"one of the most obscene programmes on telly used to be playschool - it was the only way the cast could stay sane. In the 70s I often had to record a weeks worth of programmes then edit them and even transmit them

Might explain why I am the way I am now - lol "

apparently they were all stoned and shagging each other - which goes a long way to explaining things

Post new Message to Thread