Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Name and shame board

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

After experiencing a couple of time wasting incidents I've become really frustrated as my time is precious to me and the latest one i'd changed a shift with work. I believe there should be a place where these time wasting incidents should be reported, I do understand last minute issues such as illness or work popping up get in the way of meets so that's understandable. However a system of naming missed meets would highlight persistent time wasters, I see a lot of comments about time wasters on here, do just wondering what people's views are ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My current view is south out of a friend's spare bedroom window. It's quite sunny.

over a year ago

Ha ha I'll give you that one, ok views on the naming of time wasters for the sarcastic ones out there

over a year ago

Dont start me off again,.already been down that road today, on another thread

over a year ago

"After experiencing a couple of time wasting incidents I've become really frustrated as my time is precious to me and the latest one i'd changed a shift with work. I believe there should be a place where these time wasting incidents should be reported, I do understand last minute issues such as illness or work popping up get in the way of meets so that's understandable. However a system of naming missed meets would highlight persistent time wasters, I see a lot of comments about time wasters on here, do just wondering what people's views are ? "

Perhaps a pm to the mods with details, they could then maybe compile a confidential database for their eyes only. When a certain amount of 'name & shames' is reached for a particular member, then a ban could be imposed on that poster after a warning from the mods?

over a year ago

"After experiencing a couple of time wasting incidents I've become really frustrated as my time is precious to me and the latest one i'd changed a shift with work. I believe there should be a place where these time wasting incidents should be reported, I do understand last minute issues such as illness or work popping up get in the way of meets so that's understandable. However a system of naming missed meets would highlight persistent time wasters, I see a lot of comments about time wasters on here, do just wondering what people's views are ? "
if youve read a thread on the chat forum earlier, you can see why nameing and shameing wudnt work

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

The system you are seeking is already in place; report their profile and choose "Arranged meet, did not turn up" (second last option in the reasons for reporting)

over a year ago

A few weeks ago this subject came up in the Forums (well, it does almost everyday tbh!) and I suggested having a 'feedback' thingy a bit like the sellers on Amazon or Ebay - but purely for reliability on turning up for meets.

That way, it wouldn't be naming and shaming, or slagging off for that matter, but it might give people an idea how reliable the person/couple is likely to be when arranging a meet... ?

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

There is a way to report no show timewasters to admin. Click on the report button on a mail they sent you or their profile and then tick the box that says they were a no show.

over a year ago

It will not work as multiple profiles are not unheard of.

Report a profile from your several profiles and they get banned because a single person has a grudge against them.

Unfortunately time wasting is part of being on a site like this.

over a year ago

It'll get abused and would be impossible to separate the legitimate reports from the malicious.

For instance:

The OP promised to meet me yesterday. I paid for a hotel room and waited there for him, but he didn't show and didn't give me an explanation...

Completely untrue, but easy to fabricate should I be of a malicious persuasion.

over a year ago

"The system you are seeking is already in place; report their profile and choose "Arranged meet, did not turn up" (second last option in the reasons for reporting)"

There is only one drawback with the current system as I see it. A member can be reported almost daily for not turning up, yet people newly viewing that profile would have no warning of how unreliable that person is and may well waste a lot of time making arrangements only for them to be dashed at the last minute, often with no reason being given.

But at least there IS a system for reporting it. Would be interested to learn what, if any, action Admin take against anyone who is frequently reported for it..??

over a year ago

I'm learning guys I genuinely didn't realise about the feedback page so thanks,

over a year ago

well to display an ip would be good or admin give you a number relating to your ip address so unless all these fakers have several pc,s plus homes we all could see if they are the same person so easy all forums do this

over a year ago

How about a calendar section on a profile? When both parties agree to meet they enter into each other's calendar, in the event onf a number of "no-shows" Admin could easily check and take whatever action considered appropriate? Not sure if that would be possible but may be worth considering.

By *ricky_DickyMan
over a year ago

Mirfield

"well to display an ip would be good or admin give you a number relating to your ip address so unless all these fakers have several pc,s plus homes we all could see if they are the same person so easy all forums do this"

Recording IP addresses is as much use as a chocolate fireguard hardly anyone has a fixed IP these days and if they did there are ways to disguise their IP. It's all too easy to change your IP as most are allocated dynamically just reboot the router.

over a year ago

Maybe, as an idea, if a profile has been reported admin could display an icon like a red flag, for say a weeks period, or longer depending on the offence. Say one week for abusive messages,two weeks for first report as timewaster, four weeks as second report, banned profile 3+ reports. But option should be given to respond to a report directly to admin. Calendar idea is also a good one.

That way other users could make a decision for themselves as to whether to contact a person or not.

As for reporting a person who may have multiple accounts, report the account that contains the messages detailing the meet, and copy and paste the messages to admin. Admin should be able to trace all accounts from that profiles IP address, and apply a red flag to all accounts.

over a year ago

How about worry less about those that time waste - learn, evolve, have more 'rigorous' methods in place to ensure someone's genuine - and keep things as they are!

Just a thought!

over a year ago

"How about worry less about those that time waste - learn, evolve, have more 'rigorous' methods in place to ensure someone's genuine - and keep things as they are!

Just a thought! "

over a year ago

If you're prone to playing at the drop of a hat with people you barely know then you must be prepared for no-shows. If, like us, you get to know your potential playmates before committing to meeting them you'll find the no shows becoming far less frequent. It's up to you what you want out of swinging but you must also remember that you get out of it exactly what you put in.

Analogy intended lol.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"How about worry less about those that time waste - learn, evolve, have more 'rigorous' methods in place to ensure someone's genuine - and keep things as they are!

Just a thought! "

Could you please refrain from stating the bleeding obvious! Honestly, some people.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I would rather see a name and shame list of whingers.....

over a year ago

"If you're prone to playing at the drop of a hat with people you barely know then you must be prepared for no-shows. If, like us, you get to know your potential playmates before committing to meeting them you'll find the no shows becoming far less frequent. It's up to you what you want out of swinging but you must also remember that you get out of it exactly what you put in.

Analogy intended lol. "

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

how about a block list??????

over a year ago

Just a thought!

Could you please refrain from stating the bleeding obvious! Honestly, some people. "

Sorry!!!

Back in the cupboard I go!

over a year ago

Just a thought! "

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Just a thought! "

Post new Message to Thread