Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

today's music

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Now this isn't a rant just a gentle moan. What is with the music of today? If its not factory engineered pop stars its wanabe gangsters talking about "bitches nd hoes" Now I'm only 22 but I grew up listening to country and motown. I know everyone has their own taste but I think I would rather twist a cork screw into my ears than listen to anothe JLS or one direction song!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

IMO Music peaked in 1998.

Currently today I dont music is that bad, it's been worse, since 2000, but has improved.

You cant have it bothy ways with engineered pop stars.

You say Motown, Leona Lewis was engineered. You agree that girl can sing?

Whats your thought on Jaheme (spelling) from this years xfactor? Again, that kid has a hell of a voice. We would never of known if it wasnt for engineering.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I suppose you have a point about leona but I've never watched the x-factor. I suppose my main grudge is popstars who sell millions of records and make millions that can't actually sing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

agree in part as I'm not a big fan of the manufactured balladeers, but there is some great new talent out there (in my opinion)

for example if you listened to Plan B's first album's gritty and 'gangsta' style, you would never in a million years have would produce something like Strickland Banks

Same with all genres and generations, there's some diamonds amongst the dross, the tricky bit is finding it amongst the style over substance pretty boy/girl acts that are pushed by the labels because of the obvious aesthetic appeal to their target demographic..

Post new Message to Thread