Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Another rant. I'm on a roll.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If you consider someone's profile too long, what is the point of messaging them to complain?

I've had comments along the lines of "Fucking Hell, War and Peace was shorter" and "I wasn't expecting to read a book on here tonight".

It probably took them as long to write and send the message as to read the profile, which nobody forced them to do anyway. If they feel reading the profile was a waste of their valuable time, why waste more sending a complaint that will achieve nothing more than getting them blocked?

I always block people who send me these messages. Sometimes I reply with an apology for wasting their time by being clear about who I am and what I am looking for, (which they don't usually match), and promising to block them immediately to avoid wasting any more.

Really, what's the point?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Is it rant and roll Thursday?

I don't understand why people send complaints as their first message. All I can think is that they really do want to meet you/me/whomever and feel that saying something other than 'hey babe' will serve them better.

Delete and don't respond.

Now deep breath and cuddle the cats.

over a year ago

"Is it rant and roll Thursday?

I don't understand why people send complaints as their first message. All I can think is that they really do want to meet you/me/whomever and feel that saying something other than 'hey babe' will serve them better.

Delete and don't respond.

Now deep breath and cuddle the cats."

One of them isn't talking to me and the other has found a small patch of sun and has crammed himself into it. He's lying on his back with all his feet in the air. He's even tucked his tail in so it is in the sun!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"If you consider someone's profile too long, what is the point of messaging them to complain?"

We don't ever 'complain' about someones profile being overly long. But... on occasion (and usually to test how narked they get about any criticism - constructive or otherwise!) I have worded our message along the lines of... "Lots of info in your profile! - we'll give it a good read later, but right now we'd just like to ask..." Some take the point. Most don't... and yours isn't like War and Peace! Not compared to some I've found - one of which took me over 10 mins of fast reading... Needless to say we 'didn't bother'...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

hahaha @ fucking hell war n peace was shorter

come on that had to get a laugh

over a year ago

"hahaha @ fucking hell war n peace was shorter

come on that had to get a laugh "

Nope. I wondered why he'd read it just to message and moan, hit the block button and moved on.

Post new Message to Thread