Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Severe Mental Trauma

Jump to newest

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

looks like a great documentary on Monday with Ross Kemp about service men/women returning home suffering from the effects. Often remains hidden due to stigma.

Well done for raising the issue and all the best to anyone suffering.

Sky Monday night

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

sorry ITV 9pm Monday

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

"looks like a great documentary on Monday with Ross Kemp about service men/women returning home suffering from the effects. Often remains hidden due to stigma.

Sky Monday night "

at least its being recognised at last,the Northern Ireland and Falklands lads and lassies and all who came before them have had no help whatsoever

The Army teach these people warcraft but not how to deal with the aftermath

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"looks like a great documentary on Monday with Ross Kemp about service men/women returning home suffering from the effects. Often remains hidden due to stigma.

Sky Monday night at least its being recognised at last,the Northern Ireland and Falklands lads and lassies and all who came before them have had no help whatsoever

The Army teach these people warcraft but not how to deal with the aftermath "

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My ex had ptsd i must say the US army are on form with it. I think they have to be considering the average deployment for the US is 12 months...however the British forces are getting there i think after so many years in present war that soldiers are coming back with more and more mental scars.....

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"My ex had ptsd i must say the US army are on form with it. I think they have to be considering the average deployment for the US is 12 months...however the British forces are getting there i think after so many years in present war that soldiers are coming back with more and more mental scars....."

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"My ex had ptsd i must say the US army are on form with it. I think they have to be considering the average deployment for the US is 12 months...however the British forces are getting there i think after so many years in present war that soldiers are coming back with more and more mental scars....."

good to know, thanks

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"My ex had ptsd i must say the US army are on form with it. I think they have to be considering the average deployment for the US is 12 months...however the British forces are getting there i think after so many years in present war that soldiers are coming back with more and more mental scars.....

good to know, thanks"

They do stop on way back now for decompression, which in itself is not enough but it is a start.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Thanks for the heads up View....Combat Stress is something often ignored.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If only it was recognised and publicised for WW1, WW2 and all the other conflicts.

The Royal British Legon do a fantastic job to help forces and ex forces and their families.

Here's wishing hope and a brighter future for all.concerned.

Good post View.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

the stats that more guys may have committed suicide who served 'down south' than were killed in the actual conflict is worrying and sad..

given the actual numbers who have served in Iraq and Afghan, there needs to be a massive increase in resources to deal with any issues post return..

folk still have to be open to asking for help if they recognise any symptoms, would like to think the training etc for that is better than it used to be..

and in this of all weeks we should acknowledge as a matter of some shame that we have 'veterans' locked up in prison who are more than likely there because they became ill serving the country..

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

It is on Sky1. cheers for this View.

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"It is on Sky1. cheers for this View. "

cheers _muma,

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I did a piece of work in my job around ex forces and homelessness.. its a shocking and stark reality that so many are ending up on the streets and in prison. they are very angry individual who find it hard to push out their anger positively and often turn to drugs or alcohol to suppress their feelings. some while serving so in a lot of cases get dishonourlay discharged therefore not entitled to receive grants etc...

i think there is a lot of work that needs to be done but i think it will be done as long as funding is given to charities set up to help this increasing issue..

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I did a piece of work in my job around ex forces and homelessness.. its a shocking and stark reality that so many are ending up on the streets and in prison. they are very angry individual who find it hard to push out their anger positively and often turn to drugs or alcohol to suppress their feelings. some while serving so in a lot of cases get dishonourlay discharged therefore not entitled to receive grants etc...

i think there is a lot of work that needs to be done but i think it will be done as long as funding is given to charities set up to help this increasing issue.. "

They also need volunteers to help out...

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I did a piece of work in my job around ex forces and homelessness.. its a shocking and stark reality that so many are ending up on the streets and in prison. they are very angry individual who find it hard to push out their anger positively and often turn to drugs or alcohol to suppress their feelings. some while serving so in a lot of cases get dishonourlay discharged therefore not entitled to receive grants etc...

i think there is a lot of work that needs to be done but i think it will be done as long as funding is given to charities set up to help this increasing issue.. They also need volunteers to help out..."

that too wish i had more hours in my day to do it

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The affect on families and friends should also be considered. It is always a false economy to pretend nothing is going on and we don't have a responsibility to deal with it.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"the stats that more guys may have committed suicide who served 'down south' than were killed in the actual conflict is worrying and sad..

given the actual numbers who have served in Iraq and Afghan, there needs to be a massive increase in resources to deal with any issues post return..

folk still have to be open to asking for help if they recognise any symptoms, would like to think the training etc for that is better than it used to be..

and in this of all weeks we should acknowledge as a matter of some shame that we have 'veterans' locked up in prison who are more than likely there because they became ill serving the country..

"

So agree with this post

Post new Message to Thread