Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Which side do you wear yours?

Jump to newest

By *he tactile technician OP   Man
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

Mary Nightingale on ITV news is wearing her poppy on her right hand side as opposed to the traditionalist left hand lapel. Is this the contemporary nature of marking respect this year? or has wardrobe lost the plot?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I always wear mine on the right, I thought it was right for ladies and left for gents with buttonholes, so assume a poppy is the same

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

im a lefty..

over a year ago

Always on my left!!

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

Left side for me

over a year ago

both ................. depends wot I am wearing

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Where to pin your poppy - left or right. Some people say left, as it's worn over the heart. It is also where military medals are worn. Others say only the Queen and Royal Family are allowed to wear a poppy on the right, which isn't true. Then there is the school of thought that says men should wear theirs on the left and women on the right, as is the traditional custom with a badge or brooch. The Royal British Legion spokesman says there is no right or wrong side "other than to wear it with pride".

By *he tactile technician OP   Man
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

"Where to pin your poppy - left or right. Some people say left, as it's worn over the heart. It is also where military medals are worn. Others say only the Queen and Royal Family are allowed to wear a poppy on the right, which isn't true. Then there is the school of thought that says men should wear theirs on the left and women on the right, as is the traditional custom with a badge or brooch. The Royal British Legion spokesman says there is no right or wrong side "other than to wear it with pride".

"

Good answer! definitely wear it with pride, whether you agree with the futility of conflict or otherwise we owe so much, to so many for our freedom and liberty. I'll certainly wear my poppy with pride and salute the memory of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for me.

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Either

Lest We Forget

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

on the left, next to my heart, and with pride.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

how come they havent come up with a better way of sticking it to your coat?? every year i stab my finger with the little pin

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"how come they havent come up with a better way of sticking it to your coat?? every year i stab my finger with the little pin "
well do you not remember sticking the pin in your finger from the previous years?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"how come they havent come up with a better way of sticking it to your coat?? every year i stab my finger with the little pin well do you not remember sticking the pin in your finger from the previous years? "

yeah but i still do it (i secretly like the pain i think )

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"how come they havent come up with a better way of sticking it to your coat?? every year i stab my finger with the little pin well do you not remember sticking the pin in your finger from the previous years?

yeah but i still do it (i secretly like the pain i think )"

Thats not like you ..huh!

Post new Message to Thread