Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Scariest moment with an ex? Heart in the mouth

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Was driveing on the motorway, doing 70mph middle lane. Because i disagreed with her,she flew open the door and egged me that she will jump out, " omg,wtf " had to keep calm slam brakes look in the mirror move to the hard shoulder park up. She ran down the side verg.

Calmed her down,drove to the servive station and dumped her there and then,never looked back kept running as far as poss.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

As storys go id rather read the beginning and middle before the end quentin

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

"Was driveing on the motorway, doing 70mph middle lane. Because i disagreed with her,she flew open the door and egged me that she will jump out, " omg,wtf " had to keep calm slam brakes look in the mirror move to the hard shoulder park up. She ran down the side verg.

Calmed her down,drove to the servive station and dumped her there and then,never looked back kept running as far as poss. "

If i called you a jerk it would be a polite way of saying it.

No offence here but you dont even mention, If she had any money on her to get back home.

Dumping her at the service station and I do hope it wasnt the motorway service station.

Even after ive had a fall out with a lady or partner.

Ive always taken them back home.

or

Ive asked what they would like to do when theyve calmed down.

Then taken them where they want to go.

By *ighty_tightyMan
over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

What the fork where you doing in the middle lane?

No wonder she left you

over a year ago

How nice of you.

over a year ago

Nah, if someone is a danger to themselves or others then they're not getting back in the car. What if she caused a pile-up? Wasn't just her life she was risking.

I wouldn't have even taken her to the service station. Call the police, then unless they want you to hang around then just go.

over a year ago

Smooth operator, he's a smoooooth operatorrrrr.

When people behave this way there is obviously more going on beneath the surface. In no circumstance should you just 'dump' anyone anywhere. I hope she was okay and you learn from the experience OP.

over a year ago

"Was driveing on the motorway, doing 70mph

Calmed her down,drove to the servive station and dumped her there and then,never looked back kept running as far as poss. "

You never looked back? That’s a minor o your driving test right there.

I make light of these stories all the time, becoise it’s your side of the story.

I was with this guy once driving home. All he did was moan and moan. I wanted jump out of the moving car for Christ’s sake.

As I’m running away from him, he drags me back to the vehicle, I was scared…. Etc.

over a year ago

"Was driveing on the motorway, doing 70mph middle lane. Because i disagreed with her,she flew open the door and egged me that she will jump out, " omg,wtf " had to keep calm slam brakes look in the mirror move to the hard shoulder park up. She ran down the side verg.

Calmed her down,drove to the servive station and dumped her there and then,never looked back kept running as far as poss.

No offence here but you dont even mention, If she had any money on her to get back home.

Dumping her at the service station and I do hope it wasnt the motorway service station.

or

Then taken them where they want to go. "

I made sure she got home.

This story was long,too much to write.

over a year ago

"How nice of you. "

Fellow. Sister,dont despair i made sure she got home. Have a good monday!'

over a year ago

"What the fork where you doing in the middle lane?

No wonder she left you"

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Drove to her house to break up with her because she had cheated.

She follows me out to my car and gets in, refused to get out. Starts hitting herself. Bloody nose and mouth. I ended up just abandoning my car and walking home. Get a bunch of phone calls later from guys threatening to kill me for beating her up. I had to sneak back when it was dark and my car was empty so quickly jumped in and drove home. Luckily my friends believed me and none of the psychos that called me made good on their threats

But there’s always 2 sides to every story. She wasn’t well in the head

over a year ago

"Smooth operator, he's a smoooooth operatorrrrr.

When people behave this way there is obviously more going on beneath the surface. In no circumstance should you just 'dump' anyone anywhere. I hope she was okay and you learn from the experience OP."

Deff lots going on there,

Dump at that point.

I did make sure she got home safely.

Still learning lifes experiences!

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Is your door still intact?

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

I became very good at dodging the crockery my ex wife would throw at head when she was angry. Definitely prefer the way conflict is resolved with Mrs Misfit.

Mr

over a year ago

All you posters above having a pop at the OP - now imagine it was a woman dumping a crazy bloke at the services....

By *lay 4 uMan
over a year ago

bolton

Says it all about this guy sat in middle lane anly a tw.. Dose that.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 30/05/22 08:16:50]

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I was going to say "the time he was blue lighted to hospital and I thought he was going to die", but...

over a year ago

"Drove to her house to break up with her because she had cheated.

She follows me out to my car and gets in, refused to get out. Starts hitting herself. Bloody nose and mouth. I ended up just abandoning my car and walking home. Get a bunch of phone calls later from guys threatening to kill me for beating her up. I had to sneak back when it was dark and my car was empty so quickly jumped in and drove home. Luckily my friends believed me and none of the psychos that called me made good on their threats

But there’s always 2 sides to every story. She wasn’t well in the head "

Sad heh. Always two sides, many are not well in the head, but externally hold their composure in front of other people and play victim.

Some responses as to me dumping and driveing off. If only some knew what it was like in that very situation!!

over a year ago

"Is your door still intact?"

Cheers door was fine. I managed to calm her down,her insisiting i stop the car there and then, doing about 70mhp in the middle lane.

Glad there were no cars on either side nor behind us.

Trust me that was one proper event. Nobody would ever believe it.

over a year ago

"I became very good at dodging the crockery my ex wife would throw at head when she was angry. Definitely prefer the way conflict is resolved with Mrs Misfit.

Mr"

Gosh mad hehn they say never turn your back.

over a year ago

"All you posters above having a pop at the OP - now imagine it was a woman dumping a crazy bloke at the services...."

cheers mate .

for the flip side of any story.

If it was the other way around it would be headline news and medals given out.

Many only read and see the tip of their own very noses.

over a year ago

"Says it all about this guy sat in middle lane anly a tw.. Dose that. "

Come on mr cleaver clogs. Dvla??

Hideing your profile too.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Sounds like some scary shit

over a year ago

"I was going to say "the time he was blue lighted to hospital and I thought he was going to die", but... "

Yeah

over a year ago

WTF

over a year ago

"Sounds like some scary shit "

Was well crazy at that time space and place. Was on the A1 heading southbound.

Guess keeping calm and form saved many a situation that day.

Here to tell the tale.

over a year ago

"Sounds like some scary shit

Here to tell the tale. "

What a ridiculous thing to do! Putting lots of people in danger.

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

"Says it all about this guy sat in middle lane anly a tw.. Dose that. "

How do you know he wasn't legitimately in the middle lane passing other cars or lorries in the nearside lane?

over a year ago

WTF "

Believe you me, It was in my Head. " WTF " but really had to hold form and not show fear.

By *inballs99Man
over a year ago

Blackheath

This was years ago i was due to get married in two weeks time,so we both came home from worm at same time i opened the door and picked up the post there was a small envelope which i presumed was an r.s.v.p so i gave it to her she opened it eagerly to find it was a note from one of ex's form years back telling her that i had been sleeping with her!!!!!! Anyway tears and shouting for the next good while but we said put it behind us its crazy and we got married but she never left it behind so now she is an ex wife !

over a year ago

"Says it all about this guy sat in middle lane anly a tw.. Dose that.

How do you know he wasn't legitimately in the middle lane passing other cars or lorries in the nearside lane?"

Yes Mr DVLA giveing out judgement of Dose and tw in middle lane.

Cleaver clogs very fast to jump and abuse on here for driveing..

over a year ago

"Sounds like some scary shit

Here to tell the tale.

What a ridiculous thing to do! Putting lots of people in danger."

Sheer madness. Made me think quikly of us knowing people, we assume we know them, we dont anybody is capable of putting another in danger and any given moment.

Strange thing i noticed, she and her face was stern motionless eyes wide wide open. No emotions!

I had to look it all up on the DS manual what those behaviours indicate. When i read about conditions like that.

I had to quikly turn run and not debate anything that had ever happened.

over a year ago

"This was years ago i was due to get married in two weeks time,so we both came home from worm at same time i opened the door and picked up the post there was a small envelope which i presumed was an r.s.v.p so i gave it to her she opened it eagerly to find it was a note from one of ex's form years back telling her that i had been sleeping with her!!!!!! Anyway tears and shouting for the next good while but we said put it behind us its crazy and we got married but she never left it behind so now she is an ex wife ! "

It will never be dropped. Thats the weapon that will be used to stab you to death eventually.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Two spring to my mind. I once woke up with her on top of me with a pillow over my face. And another time when she tried to rip my throat out during an argument.

over a year ago

"Two spring to my mind. I once woke up with her on top of me with a pillow over my face. And another time when she tried to rip my throat out during an argument."

Did any of your mates believe you? If you told had told them.

How did your relationship change between you both after her assualt on you?

over a year ago

When people behave this way there is obviously more going on beneath the surface. In no circumstance should you just 'dump' anyone anywhere. I hope she was okay and you learn from the experience OP."

OTOH I dumped my then BF on the way home from a day out with his mum I was driving, but wanted to take the scenic route home, he was taking the back seat driver approach and telling me my way would take longer (obviously) and that we should go the way he thought we should go…. So, I pulled over, told him to get out, and left him there said if he wanted to go that way so badly he could do it on foot.. his mum agreed with me… he’d been nipping my head all day and that was the last straw. We went back the slower route, and was home long before he was… no idea if he had any money on him, but he had his mobile, think he called a friend to pick him up, but not until he’d walk a fair distance. He came round the next day and apologised profusely as his mum had given him a bollocking. He never did the backseat driver with me again.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Two spring to my mind. I once woke up with her on top of me with a pillow over my face. And another time when she tried to rip my throat out during an argument.

How did your relationship change between you both after her assualt on you? "

Oh I didnt have friends any more by that point. But those that knew me knew that I wasnt making it up because it far from the first time she had assaulted me and how miserable I was because of her. I was with her 12 years but I knew that I had to get away by six months in, trouble was she had manipulated me into believing that I couldnt leave.

over a year ago

When people behave this way there is obviously more going on beneath the surface. In no circumstance should you just 'dump' anyone anywhere. I hope she was okay and you learn from the experience OP.

OTOH I dumped my then BF on the way home from a day out with his mum I was driving, but wanted to take the scenic route home, he was taking the back seat driver approach and telling me my way would take longer (obviously) and that we should go the way he thought we should go…. So, I pulled over, told him to get out, and left him there said if he wanted to go that way so badly he could do it on foot.. his mum agreed with me… he’d been nipping my head all day and that was the last straw. We went back the slower route, and was home long before he was… no idea if he had any money on him, but he had his mobile, think he called a friend to pick him up, but not until he’d walk a fair distance. He came round the next day and apologised profusely as his mum had given him a bollocking. He never did the backseat driver with me again.

"

Sadly some never admit they are in the wrong.

Thats when the sheer madness and powerstruggle begins. .leading to much damage for both parties

over a year ago

"Two spring to my mind. I once woke up with her on top of me with a pillow over my face. And another time when she tried to rip my throat out during an argument.

How did your relationship change between you both after her assualt on you?

Oh I didnt have friends any more by that point. But those that knew me knew that I wasnt making it up because it far from the first time she had assaulted me and how miserable I was because of her. I was with her 12 years but I knew that I had to get away by six months in, trouble was she had manipulated me into believing that I couldnt leave."

Many are in that mental situation from both ends.

If we allow that behaviour it increases and they use fear to control others they isolate the empaths.

over a year ago

My first proper EX and I had split up but remained friends… he came round to mine on New Years, but had been drinking vodka, there’s a reason he doesn’t normally drink spirits and usually drinks lager…. Anyway he came round already wasted, started off ok.. then like a switch had been turned he got really nasty, decided the chair he’d been sat in was his, and proceeded to pick it up and try to get it out the house, put it down again as he couldn’t navigate the door way… then started ranting he’d get an axe to chop it up to get his chair out.. at that point I asked him to leave my house and to go home… that’s when he went beserk…. I don’t really remember what actually happened, but he was threatening all sorts, he did eventually leave, but kept coming back, didn’t let him in, so he was chucking stones at the window demanding I let him back in… eventually I called the police, who came down and ordered him to go home I think they took him home, then the phone calls started, unplugged the phone, went to bed… the next morning he was back apologetic saying he’d drank a cocktail of different spirits before he’d came round, but since he can’t handle spirits they made him do what he did. He said he didn’t remember much but did remember something about a chair and the police escorting him home, he also said the police had warned him that if they got another call from me about him they’d arrest him. I accepted his apology but also said I never wanted to see him again.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

or

Then taken them where they want to go. "

Ok so She just put his life at risk as well as god knows how many other people but because she may have mental health problems he should have put her back in that car with him and taken her home or wherever she wanted to go?!

I wonder would you say that if it was a man behaving like that with a woman.

Unbelievable

over a year ago

Sadly some never admit they are in the wrong.

Thats when the sheer madness and powerstruggle begins. .leading to much damage for both parties

"

He was never the power struggle type, just wanted to be ‘the man’ kind of thing.. even when he got his own car, he’d drive like an arse if we were in our own cars, - one example we were on the city bypass coming off it to go round a large roundabout, he was behind me, I went forward into the first lane, there was “space” on the left of my lane but it wasn’t to be use…. Dickhead drove into the lane in a bid to undertake me and the other cars purely to get infront of me thinking he’s the man….. it was his driving like that when another day he was driving me to a physio appointment and we had a crash that involved another car, his (later to be my) dog was in the boot, which scarred her for life of travelling in a vehicle.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

or

Ok so She just put his life at risk as well as god knows how many other people but because she may have mental health problems he should have put her back in that car with him and taken her home or wherever she wanted to go?!

Unbelievable "

Well said

By *inballs99Man
over a year ago

Blackheath

"This was years ago i was due to get married in two weeks time,so we both came home from worm at same time i opened the door and picked up the post there was a small envelope which i presumed was an r.s.v.p so i gave it to her she opened it eagerly to find it was a note from one of ex's form years back telling her that i had been sleeping with her!!!!!! Anyway tears and shouting for the next good while but we said put it behind us its crazy and we got married but she never left it behind so now she is an ex wife !

It will never be dropped. Thats the weapon that will be used to stab you to death eventually.

"

Well it cost me my house business and son ! And i now have incurable disease so she might be happy!

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

To many to mention really with first ex! Although the one that sticks most in my mind when he abducted me in the street! Was 30 odd years ago now! No one helped me is one of the things that stay with me x

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

Ex of mine kept phoning me, threatening to kill herself if I broke it off with her, other times it would be the silent treatment or just short “k” messages.

In other instances it was out & out verbal aggression & attacks. I couldn’t raise any legitimate questions because she’d see it as not blindly trusting her.

Finally managed to get away and now been a lot more happier just focusing on myself & my mental health, but the whole experience has put a rather large dent in my trust & faith in relationships.

over a year ago

or

Unbelievable "

I did make fully sure she got home safely so too.

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

Ex of mine has a total psychotic break. As I was leaving hers with my hands full she punched me in the ribs with a set of keys. Then assaulted my 13 Yr old daughter when she tried to help.

I don't regret breaking my hand on her face to get her off my daughter (I stopped when my daughter was free) Her daughter called the police.

I got my daughter to safety then drove to my folks. Her daughter called the cops again when her mum got in her car to follow (she had been drinking)

Several weeks later ex jumped in my car as I got into it and refused to leave. Took an hour and a half to get her out. She went for me so I controlled her to the floor. Once again her daughter called the police. She tried to tell them I had kneed and kicked her and ch*ked her. I told the police if that were true they would have found her in the recovery position (I was a 2nd degree blackbelt in Jujitsu) and pointed out the previous calls about her behaviour.

She then tried to threaten me with suicide for several weeks. It also took police intervention for me to get all my stuff back.

After that she told the parents of my daughters friends I had cheated on her.

Absolute fuckin delight.

over a year ago

"Ex of mine kept phoning me, threatening to kill herself if I broke it off with her, other times it would be the silent treatment or just short “k” messages.

In other instances it was out & out verbal aggression & attacks. I couldn’t raise any legitimate questions because she’d see it as not blindly trusting her.

Finally managed to get away and now been a lot more happier just focusing on myself & my mental health, but the whole experience has put a rather large dent in my trust & faith in relationships. "

sorry to hear of all that. It is deep rooted trauma and Ptsd most have been through that but dont understand what it really is. The silent abuse is very damageing for all involved. Men and women.

Say " NO " to abuse at all times. Most are being silently groomed into mental and other abuses.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

or

Unbelievable "

Drivers are not responsible for an adult passenger who dosnt wear a seatbelt, Its also the same if that adult passenger decides to open the car door at 70 mph.

However driver should not argue with the other occupant within the car.

Whilst the op did right by slowing down and pulling over to the hard shoulder, what else is he or she expected to do.

Let go of the steering and try to drag the idiot back into the car, I dont think so.

If we are to go with your own statement when the ops Gf got out of the car and ran down the hard shoulder, The op should have called the police imediatley they are a danger to themselves and others.

So whilst you quote you wouldnt let them back into the car, the op did once the other person had calmed down.

Then the op had driven them in a fit state of mind to the service station and dumped them there.

Only after being pulled on this did the op state they had made sure they had some way to get home hours after the first post otherwise the op would have stated he made sure they got home in some way or other.

No offense here but if calmed down, just take them back home.

If your refusing to let them back into the car as you stated why let them back into the car just to dump them at a sevice station.

You might as well let the motorway police deal with them when they first endangered everyone and themselves on the motorway.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Either the time he pushed me down the stairs and dragged me out of the house by my hair and spat in my face when I was about 6 months pregnant or the time he hit me whilst I had my baby in my arms.

(Not my babies dad)

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"Either the time he pushed me down the stairs and dragged me out of the house by my hair and spat in my face when I was about 6 months pregnant or the time he hit me whilst I had my baby in my arms.

(Not my babies dad)"

fuckkkk

I hope this led to an arrest

over a year ago

An ex started punching me whilst I was doing 70 down a motorway. It wasn’t even a bad argument but she just lost her shit.

I pulled the car over when I came off the motorway got out the car, she got out to continue hitting me so I jumped back in locked the doors and drove off.

Her parents came and got her stuff a few days later and I haven’t spoken to her since.

over a year ago

Not had any, thankfully..

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

Unbelievable "

They would say nothing as Jesster has said she did the same and not a single person is jumping on her.

C

over a year ago

"

Unbelievable

They would say nothing as Jesster has said she did the same and not a single person is jumping on her.

C

"

Yep, forum anti-male hypocrisy strikes again.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

"

Unbelievable

C

Yep, forum anti-male hypocrisy strikes again. "

Actally not the person in question had the right to ask if it was a man in the passenger side that did the same thing.

the same goes for both men and women if they open a door at 70mph your duty in care is with the car your driving until stopped.

the highway code makes it clear if you loose lugauage or see animals on the motorway is too inform the police and not collect said items from the motorway due to the dangers

If either male or female was to get out of the car on the motorway and run off its your duty of care to ring the police and inform them there is a person on the motorway.

also whilst the vehicle has stopped your supposed to step over the barrier onto the grass verge.

if you want to know what may happen watch this 70mph hitting a cow.

9.10 mins and play it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6o3osZdNuY

over a year ago

Too many to think about.

By *lay 4 uMan
over a year ago

bolton

[Removed by poster at 31/05/22 04:59:51]

By *lay 4 uMan
over a year ago

bolton

How do you know he wasn't legitimately in the middle lane passing other cars or lorries in the nearside lane?"

because in a earlier post he said he was glad there were no cars behind him or to the sides.

over a year ago

When the lawyers got involved…

over a year ago

I've only ever had ex girlfriends, not life partners, and they have all ended amicably. Must be tough if you thought that was going to be your life, especially if there are kids involved.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"Drivers are not responsible for an adult passenger who dosnt wear a seatbelt ..."

The Highway Code says differently. It says that the driver is responsible for anyone in the front passenger seat, but isn't responsible for adults traveling in the rear seats.

I don't know how that makes sense, but there you go.

over a year ago

How do you know he wasn't legitimately in the middle lane passing other cars or lorries in the nearside lane?because in a earlier post he said he was glad there were no cars behind him or to the sides. "

Then what does it matter if he was in the middle lane?

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Not sure it's possible to just open a car door whilst travelling at 70mph...with all the air pressure going against you/the car it ain't that easy.

By *lay 4 uMan
over a year ago

bolton

How do you know he wasn't legitimately in the middle lane passing other cars or lorries in the nearside lane?because in a earlier post he said he was glad there were no cars behind him or to the sides.

Then what does it matter if he was in the middle lane? "

Really ever wondered why motorways are grid locked?. It's an overtaking lane he's already said there was nothing around him so why sit in the middle lane at 70 mph forcing the next car into the third lane we now in effect have a one lane motorway.

over a year ago

Newer cars have automatic locking systems which mean a car door cannot be opened when the vehicle is in motion or after it has stopped unless you either turn off the ignition or manually unlock the doors

Post new Message to Thread