Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

moisturiser

Jump to newest

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple
over a year ago

bristol

lots of people pay alot of money for moisturisers and hand creams etc

listening to radio 2 yesterday .. a question was raised .. when applying moisturisers .. where does it go once its applied ??

the answer seemed to be .. as the main ingredient is water.. body heat causes the vast majority of it to evaporate !

so wots the point ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

It keeps your skin soft..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I moisturise daily....stops me looking like a wrinkly ole fat prune.....palmers coco butter...not expensive and is fab....use clinque on my face tho.

over a year ago

Got to say I do pay a lot of money for facial care, I can see the results, don't have a single wrinkle and my skin feels and looks great.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I use Nivea and Dove they both leave my skin soft and hydrated. Not expensive at all and I have great skin

over a year ago

I am kind of with you in that most of the moisturisers I have tried just sit on my skin but then I have combination skin and think there is enough moisture there as it is so what is the point in putting more moisture on it

over a year ago

I use it on my tattoos. One with a UVA and UVB filter, to keep the colours vibrant.

over a year ago

If I didn't use moisturiser my skin would be so dry and flaky.

Boots no.7 is the best one for actually keeping my skin soft and most for longer. Kinda makes it worth the price tag!

over a year ago

I have always moisturised, I used to use Liz Earle, but at £18 a pot I had to change, not found one I like yet, but hey, I have great skin.

over a year ago

"I use Nivea and Dove they both leave my skin soft and hydrated. Not expensive at all and I have great skin "

I use Astral on my face & Dove to moisturise, and I don't have a wrinkle, you don't have to pay a lot

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

I'm happy to help out with facials...

over a year ago

E45 works for me. £7 a tub and lasts for ages.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Lacura from Aldi £1.99 a pot its the best I've tried and my skin is great. I've used stuff that was £50 and it has the same effect. Always wash my face with Lush Angels on Bare Skin too.

over a year ago

"Lacura from Aldi £1.99 a pot its the best I've tried and my skin is great. I've used stuff that was £50 and it has the same effect. Always wash my face with Lush Angels on Bare Skin too."

I use the hand cream and face wipes, have yet to try the moisturiser, maybe I should

over a year ago

"Got to say I do pay a lot of money for facial care, I can see the results, don't have a single wrinkle and my skin feels and looks great. "

As long as you don't look like Anne Robinson

over a year ago

I thank my mum for instructing me to moisturise my face and skin from an early age, as my face is unlined and I am nearly 50.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I go through so much moisturiser what with my 'collection' in the cellar that I just go for cheap and cheerful, keeps the skin fresh enough, ready to harvest.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Nivea

although, i did buy Crème de la Mer once, went back to Nivea

By *exymixedcouple7Couple
over a year ago

london

Cocoa butter is amazing! Introduced to me by my other half, use it every day and have very soft and smooth skin.

over a year ago

"lots of people pay alot of money for moisturisers and hand creams etc

listening to radio 2 yesterday .. a question was raised .. when applying moisturisers .. where does it go once its applied ??

the answer seemed to be .. as the main ingredient is water.. body heat causes the vast majority of it to evaporate !

so wots the point ??"

Its either that or its the hose again!

over a year ago

I know I'm only a nipper but I've been moisturize all my life due to having bad eczema as a child.

There is absolutely no point in forking out money on face creams to keep you looking young.... The main ingredient in them is the chemical used in pile cream, it temporary tightens the face and is worse for the skin in the long run.

A good skin routine and moisturize daily is the key you healthy skin, I use a prescription moisturizer called doublebase. I do love palmers cocoa butter or body shop bossy butters for a treat.

A basic cream like E45 is best.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Lacura from Aldi £1.99 a pot its the best I've tried and my skin is great. I've used stuff that was £50 and it has the same effect. Always wash my face with Lush Angels on Bare Skin too.

I use the hand cream and face wipes, have yet to try the moisturiser, maybe I should "

Give it a go their skin care range is great

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Nivea day moisturizer, nivea tinted moisturizer and nivea night moisturizer for me and once a week i cover myself in almond oil. A pot of nivea lasts for ages

over a year ago

Aldi lacura serum, it is the best ever, I promise! Only £3.99. Its won lots of awards. However, i do also think genetics plays a part too x

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Mine is as smooth as a baby's bum. All i have ever rubbed into it is shower gel.

oh and chocolate mousse a couple of times

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

"Lacura from Aldi £1.99 a pot its the best I've tried and my skin is great. I've used stuff that was £50 and it has the same effect. Always wash my face with Lush Angels on Bare Skin too."

Aldi handcream gets a lot of good re_iews!

over a year ago

I spend a bomb on creams

my fave is the soap and glory righteous butter, i love the smell and it makes you skin feel lovely

i apply twice a day every day and get quite a lot of comments about how soft my skin is so there must be some point to it

plus you can tell the difference if you dont use it

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I was slathered in oil and lotion not long after birth. Every day, all of my life. Now it's basic blue tub Nivea on my face. The same body lotion since I was thirteen, Alyssa Ashley Musk. I'm very soft.

Applied to warm, damp skin and I give myself a little massage to start the day.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Mine is as smooth as a baby's bum. All i have ever rubbed into it is shower gel.

oh and chocolate mousse a couple of times"

I am sure chocolate mousse will keep you lovely and soft but try using white chocolate mousse or people might think you've had an accident.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Mine is as smooth as a baby's bum. All i have ever rubbed into it is shower gel.

oh and chocolate mousse a couple of times

I am sure chocolate mousse will keep you lovely and soft but try using white chocolate mousse or people might think you've had an accident."

I did and saw the look of disgust as they ran down the road shouting pervert

over a year ago

"Aldi lacura serum, it is the best ever, I promise! Only £3.99. Its won lots of awards. However, i do also think genetics plays a part too x"

I have good skin anyway, but it doesn't hurt to look after it, thank you, I'll have a look at that next time I'm in x

Post new Message to Thread