Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stone Roses

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone here going to any of the Stone Roses gigs next June? I'm going to London gig on the 8th June :D

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I went to see them at Heaton park. Having been an uber fan since 1988 and seeing them a fair few times, small venues, empress ballroom, spike island, Heaton park was them at their very best. I dont want to go to the London gigs in case they have lost it again.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

sure am fella .. cant wait as we had to sell our Heaton Park tickets

over a year ago

Nice one! Yeh i missed out on Heaton Park tickets because I was at work when they went on sale and they sold out in like an hour lol.

Might see you about in the 40,000 strong crowd haha

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

deffo .. will keep an eye out for u !!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Anyone here going to any of the Stone Roses gigs next June? I'm going to London gig on the 8th June :D"
Nope wouldnt waste my cash....they should give up the ghost now.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

arghhhh .. harsh !!

dont think anyone who goes to see the stone roses goes to see them for their vocal skills ! lol

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"arghhhh .. harsh !!

dont think anyone who goes to see the stone roses goes to see them for their vocal skills ! lol "

Ian Brown isnt half bad, but tbh its just a cash cow now and i dont think they really care about music anymore.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

i agree with u entirely but i think thats most come back bands motivation and i wud neva knock anyone for earning a few quid if an opportunity arises .. i know i wud

i remember reading a news article where mani was on his arse end and went to the cash point wondering if he had any money in the bank .. he had ova a million pound in the bank as he had been advanced ticket sale fees from heaton park !!! result !!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"i agree with u entirely but i think thats most come back bands motivation and i wud neva knock anyone for earning a few quid if an opportunity arises .. i know i wud

i remember reading a news article where mani was on his arse end and went to the cash point wondering if he had any money in the bank .. he had ova a million pound in the bank as he had been advanced ticket sale fees from heaton park !!! result !! "

Im not knocking em, just saying i feel if i bought a ticket its a waste of my cash. xx

over a year ago

I sae them at Heaton Park and i have to admit it was absolutely incredible. I managed to shake Ian Browns hand at the end. They have definetly still got it! I was in the pit with the Reverend from.Reverend and the makers i found out as i was walking out! Well worth the money!

over a year ago

Seen them many times, empress ballroom although I dont remember much of that one. Spike Island and more recently Heaton Park which was fantastic on the Friday.

Sadly, this is now purely for the money, no new tunes on the horizon and no doubt will be the same set list as every gig they've played this year. So becuase of that Im out.

Who want to buy a reni bucket hat ?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/11/12 23:25:36]

over a year ago

Went to their tenants vital performance on the boucher road in Belfast - amazing!

Ian was on top form vocally - doing his trade mark on stage swagger (ohh ohh ohhhhh).

He didn't seem to stop for a breath either - completely seamless marathon of all of their best known stuff!

although had to endure a few hours (what felt like anyway) of Florence and the latrines.

great gig! ians closing words "Belfast, Built To Last"!

over a year ago

Also going on the 8th June, couldn't get tickets for Heaton Park and last saw them at Sheffield in 1995 - really looking forward to it! Last time I saw anyone at Finsbury Park was Oasis quite a few years back...

over a year ago

"Also going on the 8th June, couldn't get tickets for Heaton Park and last saw them at Sheffield in 1995 - really looking forward to it! Last time I saw anyone at Finsbury Park was Oasis quite a few years back..."

Was at the Sheffield gig ! Knew Id seen you before

over a year ago

Another face for me to look out for on the 8th then ;D

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"i agree with u entirely but i think thats most come back bands motivation and i wud neva knock anyone for earning a few quid if an opportunity arises .. i know i wud

i remember reading a news article where mani was on his arse end and went to the cash point wondering if he had any money in the bank .. he had ova a million pound in the bank as he had been advanced ticket sale fees from heaton park !!! result !! "

Probably an apocryphal tale as he's been playing with Primal Scream for years and must make quite a bit on the side from being a 'talking head' on TV nostalgia shows as well.

Post new Message to Thread