Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Christmas

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ive just noticed my neibours have got there christmas decs out. All the front is light up and have a christmas tree in here living room. Is it just me but i think its far to early for christmas.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We usually put ours up on the 1st Dec, but that's because I have a young daughter, plus the 1st day of the advent calendar...so it makes sense. I love decorating my house

over a year ago

Ours go up after the 11th Dec when both kids have had their birthdays

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

When my kids were little, we'd put the tree up a couple of weeks before Christmas but now it tends to be the week before because I just can't be bothered (bah humbug!).

But I have never, ever put my tree up in November. Just seems to early to me.

over a year ago

I always used to get a real one so was up for the 12 days of christmas only.

I don't use a real one any more but still prefer to have it up only for the week before and the week after Christmas.

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I'll wait till 1st December but that will be a struggle for me!

I'd LOVE to put mine up now

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

1st of Dec for me too. I'm away a lot so if I waited I wouldn't get to enjoy it.

Did have my first sprouts of the season today which made me feel festive

over a year ago

"I'll wait till 1st December but that will be a struggle for me!

I'd LOVE to put mine up now "

Me too.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I'm really feeling bah humbug this year, so if any go up will be the weekend before Christmas

over a year ago

I declared Christmas a week ago after seeing The Nutcracker!!! Never too early...

over a year ago

Bah bloody humbug I would like to cancel Christmas and re instate the pagan midwinter solstice. We got seized by the Romans. Why not have pagan orgies instead of blatant capitalism.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Ive just noticed my neibours have got there christmas decs out. All the front is light up and have a christmas tree in here living room. Is it just me but i think its far to early for christmas. "
I love CHristmas and it is a great tradition and very traditional in my home... BUT... that makes me want to scream. It is too early, for me anyway,... not til 1st advent in my home.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"I declared Christmas a week ago after seeing The Nutcracker!!! Never too early..."

Must admit, I love Nutcracker

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Put ours up the week before and it's down within a day or so of new year.

When I was a kid we put the decorations up on the last day of school when we got home and had a tradition of going out as a family on Xmas eve to choose a tree and decorate it together with a takeaway on the coffee table and a Xmas tape blaring out jive bunny!

over a year ago

have to confess ours went up yesterday, we have little ones and they love it,if it wasnt for them wed put them up on the 1st dec

By *aris23Woman
over a year ago

France

Will go up on 23rd and down on 27th - only have one for my little lad, Christmas nowadays gets on my nerves.

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

I love Christmas, but can't stand that it's so drawn out! We do all our Christmassy things in the week running upto it, otherwise it's just drags and doesn't seem as magical x

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I love Christmas, but can't stand that it's so drawn out! We do all our Christmassy things in the week running upto it, otherwise it's just drags and doesn't seem as magical x"
That was what I was trying to say... I love it but not for 4 months. Ok, I am exaggerating...

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Mine go up the week before and come down the week after....bit like my knickers

over a year ago

"1st of Dec for me too. I'm away a lot so if I waited I wouldn't get to enjoy it.

Did have my first sprouts of the season today which made me feel festive "

Wondered what the smell was - you should be posting this on the farts thread

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"I love Christmas, but can't stand that it's so drawn out! We do all our Christmassy things in the week running upto it, otherwise it's just drags and doesn't seem as magical xThat was what I was trying to say... I love it but not for 4 months. Ok, I am exaggerating... "
no you're not. I saw Christmas cards and paper in some shops before the August bank holiday!

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"Mine go up the week before and come down the week after....bit like my knickers "

You can hold you're wee that long??

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

There's a garden centre round the corner from me that offers dinner with Santa. Around 10 kids get a Christmas dinner and Santa joins them, tells them a story and plays some games, then they to the usual santas grotto. My younger ones love it, i take them a couple of days beforehand and they get really excited about the big day then

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I love Christmas, but can't stand that it's so drawn out! We do all our Christmassy things in the week running upto it, otherwise it's just drags and doesn't seem as magical xThat was what I was trying to say... I love it but not for 4 months. Ok, I am exaggerating... no you're not. I saw Christmas cards and paper in some shops before the August bank holiday! "
I had actually and it put me off a bit. Now I dont mind them selling the big tins of celebrations etc for a fiver starting from September... but thats another story...

over a year ago

"Ive just noticed my neibours have got there christmas decs out. All the front is light up and have a christmas tree in here living room. Is it just me but i think its far to early for christmas. "

Too early for us but if it make them happy why not.

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Does anyone celebrate a 'Christian Christmas' rather than a 'commercial' one?

over a year ago

My pop up goes up xmas eve and comes down the day after boxing day

over a year ago

I usually leave my decorations, tree etc until as late as possible, working in retail I'm sick of the sites of Christmas already!

Amazingly I received my first Christmas card of 2012 about 10 days ago!

By *ssexguy69Man
over a year ago

thurrock Essex

my tree goes up on the 24th , comes down the 27th , and if it wernt for my son being with me some of over xmas i woundnt even bother putting it up , i hate xmas

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Does anyone celebrate a 'Christian Christmas' rather than a 'commercial' one?"
We do... kind of. We are not religious and I know this may sound like a contradiction but my family do attend events at Worcester cathedral and also in Birmingham. Christmas would not be Christmas without that.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/11/12 21:28:12]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/11/12 21:29:21]

By *ssexguy69Man
over a year ago

thurrock Essex

not at all , if ud of had the shit xmases iv had then ur hate it to

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Bah bloody humbug I would like to cancel Christmas and re instate the pagan midwinter solstice. We got seized by the Romans. Why not have pagan orgies instead of blatant capitalism."

We put the Xmas tree and decorations up on 1st Dec but as a pagan I also celebrate in my own way on the solstice.

over a year ago

No Christmas decorations here. Refuse to do it. Will wander round the city centre and look at them.

over a year ago

I will get the hang of this thing

Christmas? Bah! Humbug too much like hard work espically if you have to work all that day

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Bah bloody humbug I would like to cancel Christmas and re instate the pagan midwinter solstice. We got seized by the Romans. Why not have pagan orgies instead of blatant capitalism.

We put the Xmas tree and decorations up on 1st Dec but as a pagan I also celebrate in my own way on the solstice."

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"Does anyone celebrate a 'Christian Christmas' rather than a 'commercial' one?We do... kind of. We are not religious and I know this may sound like a contradiction but my family do attend events at Worcester cathedral and also in Birmingham. Christmas would not be Christmas without that."

"Does anyone celebrate a 'Christian Christmas' rather than a 'commercial' one?We do... kind of. We are not religious and I know this may sound like a contradiction but my family do attend events at Worcester cathedral and also in Birmingham. Christmas would not be Christmas without that."

Totally agree. But I find it sad that more and more people don't. Being orthodox I get 2 Christmases though do do tend to do my reflecting after the 25th. The kids just like having an extra day off school!!

It's very sad that all over the ace that the meaning of Christmas is being wiped out. Even our local primary now has a winter play instead of a nativity

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Does anyone celebrate a 'Christian Christmas' rather than a 'commercial' one?We do... kind of. We are not religious and I know this may sound like a contradiction but my family do attend events at Worcester cathedral and also in Birmingham. Christmas would not be Christmas without that.

Does anyone celebrate a 'Christian Christmas' rather than a 'commercial' one?We do... kind of. We are not religious and I know this may sound like a contradiction but my family do attend events at Worcester cathedral and also in Birmingham. Christmas would not be Christmas without that.

Totally agree. But I find it sad that more and more people don't. Being orthodox I get 2 Christmases though do do tend to do my reflecting after the 25th. The kids just like having an extra day off school!!

It's very sad that all over the ace that the meaning of Christmas is being wiped out. Even our local primary now has a winter play instead of a nativity "

Is that being done out of consideration of other religions? I would find it sad if the notion of CHristmas and the Christmas story were to disappear from our vocabulary. I really would.

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"Does anyone celebrate a 'Christian Christmas' rather than a 'commercial' one?We do... kind of. We are not religious and I know this may sound like a contradiction but my family do attend events at Worcester cathedral and also in Birmingham. Christmas would not be Christmas without that.

Does anyone celebrate a 'Christian Christmas' rather than a 'commercial' one?We do... kind of. We are not religious and I know this may sound like a contradiction but my family do attend events at Worcester cathedral and also in Birmingham. Christmas would not be Christmas without that.

It's very sad that all over the ace that the meaning of Christmas is being wiped out. Even our local primary now has a winter play instead of a nativity

Is that being done out of consideration of other religions? I would find it sad if the notion of CHristmas and the Christmas story were to disappear from our vocabulary. I really would."

I believe it is yes, but the school still sing Christian hymns and say a prayer in assemblies

Post new Message to Thread