Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hobbies and Interests

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you have any that some of your friends and family find 'odd' or 'peculiar' ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Oh and just to clarify, I don't mean swinging / fetish / sexual related activities

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

buying Art as I have no more wall space and have them laying on the floor & propped up against the skirting board

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes. Then again, mine were more compulsions and addictions than hobbies, in retrospect.

over a year ago

they find me having jeremy kyle on series link on sky+ a little wierd

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

No, but I'm not sure they'd agree lol

over a year ago

i do sumthing called mirror photography which people love but I think they find it odd as as well lol fb malcolm mirrors feel free to nose anyone.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Err I have a dolls house

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Formula 1...My mum always aske how can i spend £1,485 on Brasil Interlagos then add the flight ticket and hotel...But i dont see how i can miss the last race of the championship

over a year ago

I do some work for a organisation that does trips and stuff, mainly for kids on probation, we go on adventrure weekends, take them off road biking, day trips, do a youth clubs for a couple of hours 2 nights a week etc

I dont get paid for it i do it totally in my own time and i love it

and yes many people find it odd that i give up my own time to work with kids that have done wrong in their life And i get asked a lot why would i want to treat a kid that mugged a old man

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

My family and loved ones struggle to understand my interest in keeping people in a hole in my basement.

I like their skin.

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"My family and loved ones struggle to understand my interest in keeping people in a hole in my basement.

I like their skin."

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"My family and loved ones struggle to understand my interest in keeping people in a hole in my basement.

I like their skin."

That can't be good for their skin - unless you like it grey and a little dry.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I do some work for a organisation that does trips and stuff, mainly for kids on probation, we go on adventrure weekends, take them off road biking, day trips, do a youth clubs for a couple of hours 2 nights a week etc

and yes many people find it odd that i give up my own time to work with kids that have done wrong in their life And i get asked a lot why would i want to treat a kid that mugged a old man "

I wouldn't class it as odd

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I like their skin.

That can't be good for their skin - unless you like it grey and a little dry."

I have lotion in a basket I lower to them.

over a year ago

Hobbies? Sadly not enough time for anything I could commit to on a regular basis - and my photographic fun is out as you've banned anything naughty from responses!

As for interests - many that my family find odd! From my music tastes to my love of films that aren't the usual 'chick flick', mainstream shite that they enjoy. Oh - and I'm a serious wine snob. Sorry - cant help it!

over a year ago

Well this stems from Mum asking what I'm gonna do with myself for 4 days on my own in Berlin (especially as this isn't my first visit and have done the usual touristy stuff).

When I told her that by way of research I had been looking up a cafe / shop / tattoo studio all done out in 1950's style and theme, I got

When I added I had been looking at a website called 'The Third Reich in ruins', I got

By *H.coupleCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"they find me having jeremy kyle on series link on sky+ a little wierd"

Haha. I've found someone else in the same boat as me

over a year ago

"they find me having jeremy kyle on series link on sky+ a little wierd"

Is that because you recorded your appearance

over a year ago

"they find me having jeremy kyle on series link on sky+ a little wierd

Is that because you recorded your appearance "

I WISH! i don't own a tracksuit but i'd buy one especially

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Do you have any that some of your friends and family find 'odd' or 'peculiar' ?

"

My family and alot of our friends don't get our taste in music, they think it is just a load of noise.

But my hobbies/interests are all rather normal and boring.

over a year ago

My family just think I'm odd full stop

over a year ago

"Do you have any that some of your friends and family find 'odd' or 'peculiar' ?

My family and alot of our friends don't get our taste in music, they think it is just a load of noise.

But my hobbies/interests are all rather normal and boring.

"

I have a mate like that - all the bands he listens to have the most horrible names 'Syphillitic Vagina's' to name but one

over a year ago

I WISH! i don't own a tracksuit but i'd buy one especially"

True story this i met woman screwed for couple of weeks i never took to my place summat seemed odd about her. After 2 days she wanted to move in. Anyway i finished it months later she was on jk show turns out she tried to stab an ex.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"i do sumthing called mirror photography which people love but I think they find it odd as as well lol fb malcolm mirrors feel free to nose anyone."

I did FB search you, and your pictures are great!!! I love them.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

dont think it can be classed as a hobbie, but i have a particular kinda charity i am hugely passionate about that i endevour to do my bit for.....

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

I WISH! i don't own a tracksuit but i'd buy one especially

True story this i met woman screwed for couple of weeks i never took to my place summat seemed odd about her. After 2 days she wanted to move in. Anyway i finished it months later she was on jk show turns out she tried to stab an ex."

so now you wear a stab vest at all times lol

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"dont think it can be classed as a hobbie, but i have a particular kinda charity i am hugely passionate about that i endevour to do my bit for....."

I'm not sure you can register a shoe closet as a charity Femme but good luck.

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Urban exploring they find it odd that we want to visit and photograph tunnels sewers drains old hospitals asylums powerstations etc

over a year ago

I collect, build and repair guitars and currently have over 30 around the house.

over a year ago

"Urban exploring they find it odd that we want to visit and photograph tunnels sewers drains old hospitals asylums powerstations etc "
love the websites dedicated to urban exploration. My favourite is 28DL

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"dont think it can be classed as a hobbie, but i have a particular kinda charity i am hugely passionate about that i endevour to do my bit for.....

I'm not sure you can register a shoe closet as a charity Femme but good luck. "

Havent you got a tyre to go play on?

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"dont think it can be classed as a hobbie, but i have a particular kinda charity i am hugely passionate about that i endevour to do my bit for.....

I'm not sure you can register a shoe closet as a charity Femme but good luck. Havent you got a tyre to go play on? "

Several, and a tea party to go to.

over a year ago

German pig farming.

Ve haff vays of makink you pork!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I started collecting recipe books from all over the world until I realised that there was no way I was ever really going to use them and also, I could get anything off the internet. My family think that was a bit odd...

Shoes (Stilettos and boots) are a fetish of mine but in a harmless way... I dont "use" them to dominate men - I just like collecting them and occasionally taking them out to a party...

over a year ago

"I do some work for a organisation that does trips and stuff, mainly for kids on probation, we go on adventrure weekends, take them off road biking, day trips, do a youth clubs for a couple of hours 2 nights a week etc

and yes many people find it odd that i give up my own time to work with kids that have done wrong in their life And i get asked a lot why would i want to treat a kid that mugged a old man "

When I loved in Brum I was involved in a similar charity and got a very similar response of total bewilderment as to just why anyone would do this sort of thing.

over a year ago

"Urban exploring they find it odd that we want to visit and photograph tunnels sewers drains old hospitals asylums powerstations etc "

I have a friend heavily involved with this. His stories amuse me greatly, particularly his scrapes with the law. The pictures are always amazing.

over a year ago

Lots of people think my cycling is weird. People in my office find it odd that I would ride 14 miles each way to work out of choice. The days I run home, leave them very confused...

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I have a mate like that - all the bands he listens to have the most horrible names 'Syphillitic Vagina's' to name but one....,

I think that's a very catchy name

over a year ago

I have several friends who think it 'weird' that I enjoy reading books for recreational purposes. Especially when I reveal that some of the books I enjoy reading are non-fiction and don't have pictures. But then I think people who play golf are weird so I guess one person's 'weird' is another person's 'normal' lol.

over a year ago

"I have several friends who think it 'weird' that I enjoy reading books for recreational purposes. Especially when I reveal that some of the books I enjoy reading are non-fiction and don't have pictures. But then I think people who play golf are weird so I guess one person's 'weird' is another person's 'normal' lol."

I dabble in GeoCaching, not exactly a normal hobby for a 50 something single woman so my friends tell me!

over a year ago

I keep miniature trees in pots (Bonsai) - had a few for over 20 years now and love how relaxing and creative it is

over a year ago

I collect antique telephones, miners flame safety lamps, old cast iron road signs, mileposts and street lamps ....

Weird I know, but I am weird so there you have it

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Ill hold my hand up to being a Star Wars geek includes books models etc etc..

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Ill hold my hand up to being a Star Wars geek includes books models etc etc..

By *om1962Man
over a year ago

Brighton

"I dabble in GeoCaching, not exactly a normal hobby for a 50 something single woman so my friends tell me! "

GeoCaching is great fun!

By *om1962Man
over a year ago

Brighton

"

Beekeeping! First as a hobby, but now full time with a commercial bee farm!

over a year ago

Beekeeping! First as a hobby, but now full time with a commercial bee farm! "

My grandad was a beekeeper..I'll never forget his lasts words to me

'Help,Help.I'm covered in bees'

over a year ago

"I dabble in GeoCaching, not exactly a normal hobby for a 50 something single woman so my friends tell me!

GeoCaching is great fun! "

I know but not a ageing female pastime according to my friends! Apparently I should be shopping, ironing or having my hair and nails done, not messing about with GPS and buried treasure lol

By *om1962Man
over a year ago

Brighton

"

Beekeeping! First as a hobby, but now full time with a commercial bee farm!

My grandad was a beekeeper..I'll never forget his lasts words to me

'Help,Help.I'm covered in bees'"

I'm not sure whether to laugh at that, in case it's not a joke! There have been times I've opened up a hive, and the bees have been REALLY pissed off with me!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I dabble in GeoCaching, not exactly a normal hobby for a 50 something single woman so my friends tell me!

GeoCaching is great fun!

I know but not a ageing female pastime according to my friends! Apparently I should be shopping, ironing or having my hair and nails done, not messing about with GPS and buried treasure lol "

Nothing wrong with a bit of geocaching... or any of the other geos...;-)

over a year ago

I guess camping in a tent in winter is what some may consider as odd.

Post new Message to Thread