Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stop smoking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well proud of the oh is on the right path to stopping...hes not had a smelly cancer stick for well over a week...know its hard habit to kick but sooo glad he is...so who else as giving up the nasty habit?????.Have to say his home smells better and so does he..being a non smoker and one who used to carry a small fire extingusher around with her( tongue firmly in cheek) theres nothing worse than the smell of cigs ...so woooop wooop to my oh and all you who are.giving up the habit

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

we both smoke, although not indoors, and are both looking to stop, but it never seems the right time

over a year ago

I got one of those Ecigs during stoptober...

It is certainly helping me cut down... And for the first time ever I can "smoke " indoors....

Dont say I'll stop, but every little helps....

Good luck to Steve.... At least his ears will stop bleeding soon....

over a year ago

i gave up smoking when i was 30, makes you eat more though and they say that being 3 stone overweight is as bad as smoking 20 a day.

my hubby tried giving up smoking only he got so grumpy he was a pain to live with, so i said go and have a fag and now he smokes, he may die a bit sooner but at least he will die happy.

over a year ago

"i gave up smoking when i was 30, makes you eat more though and they say that being 3 stone overweight is as bad as smoking 20 a day.

my hubby tried giving up smoking only he got so grumpy he was a pain to live with, so i said go and have a fag and now he smokes, he may die a bit sooner but at least he will die happy. "

Stopping smoking doesn't make ya live longer.... It just feels like it....

over a year ago

"we both smoke, although not indoors, and are both looking to stop, but it never seems the right time "

+ 1

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Nearly 7 months for me

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

I gave up in febuary and was doing really well, not even a puff, but when my grandad got taken into hospital 3 weeks ago the first thing I did was go out and buy a pack. Am kicking myself for it now

over a year ago

I have an apt on 6/11 for the smoking clinic and hoping to get the Champix tablets to help give up again. Last time I gave up for 7 months. I don't smoke in my flat, but I do have a balcony/ash pit I smoke in.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

we both went on to the e-ciggys in june both of us feel much better for it

and the house is smoke free, I was surprised how my sense of smell and taste improved, and my doc now considers us as non smokers

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I gave up in febuary and was doing really well, not even a puff, but when my grandad got taken into hospital 3 weeks ago the first thing I did was go out and buy a pack. Am kicking myself for it now

"

Don't kick yourself, just throw them away and try again. You can do it

over a year ago

"I gave up in febuary and was doing really well, not even a puff, but when my grandad got taken into hospital 3 weeks ago the first thing I did was go out and buy a pack. Am kicking myself for it now

Don't kick yourself, just throw them away and try again. You can do it "

Yes, what he said!

Giving up smoking is an achievement and I'm always impressed with those that manage it.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have tried... I am going to try again though..

over a year ago

I quit a few months ago for the purposes of a meet!

I have fallen off the wagon a few times, so now I keep on E-Cig nearby, for those moments of weakness.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Yes, what he said!

Giving up smoking is an achievement and I'm always impressed with those that manage it."

It's very easy to stumble though. This is the second time I have given up. The 1st time lasted 15 years

over a year ago

Well done to all who have given up and good luck to all who want to...

And euro ya onow his ears will always bleed hes stuck with me now

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Yes, what he said!

Giving up smoking is an achievement and I'm always impressed with those that manage it.

It's very easy to stumble though. This is the second time I have given up. The 1st time lasted 15 years"

It also bloody expensive to stumble!! I will give it another go but not in the right frame of mind right now, I think half of it is in the mind. I will get there as its too bloody cold too. Never smoked in the house.

Thanks for your support though guys

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

Gave up smoking 46 years ago

over a year ago

Congrats to all that managed, I have fallen off the bandwagon many times, but hope one day I am successful and don't start again so easily!

M had stopped for 6 years and started again early last year

over a year ago

Haven't smoked now for 18months, never thought I could do it... So glad I did ss the price of fags now is rediculous...

over a year ago

"Haven't smoked now for 18months, never thought I could do it... So glad I did ss the price of fags now is rediculous..."

Yes we spend £16 a day on fags!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Haven't smoked now for 18months, never thought I could do it... So glad I did ss the price of fags now is rediculous...

Yes we spend £16 a day on fags!"

Fuck my old boots Julie that's 10 double cheesers a day

over a year ago

Cuddles gave up many many years ago, Him having smoked for 45 years gave up on 26th March 2010 and had to go cold turkey having reacted to every aid available. It was a struggle but now he cannot stand the smell.

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Tried stopping more times than I can remember and always failed.

Finaly stopped when grandkid was born and found it surprisingly easy this time been over six months now and I think his health was the incentive I needed.

By *andykissesWoman
over a year ago

laugharne

Ive stopped 8wks now, hope I can stick to it this time

By *uncpl2015Couple
over a year ago

Bridgend Area

Mrs fun stopped on 13th feb 2006.. Just set date and had her last fag and never had another.. from smoking 20-40 a day.. Enjoyed smoking and even now sometimes fancies one but never even had one puff after stopping. Tried all sorts before that but just stopping with none of the various patches was the best way. The real key you have to REALLY want to stop for you and it will work. Good luck keep it up.. make a note or download app that calculates how much you save with each pack you dont buy... that helped too.. then treat yourself with it once in a while..

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Been on Champix for about 4 weeks now. Debs hasn't had a fag at all but I have had the odd one. About 4 years ago we both stopped for nearly 2 years but put on loads of weight which really got me (steve) down.

Last time I put on about 2 1/2 stone, The doc says "oh we'll deal with that later" but my worry is that all that fat is as bad for me as smoking.

over a year ago

"Haven't smoked now for 18months, never thought I could do it... So glad I did ss the price of fags now is rediculous...

Yes we spend £16 a day on fags!

Fuck my old boots Julie that's 10 double cheesers a day "

OMG trust you! That'll be just as bad as the fags lol

over a year ago

I have tried Zyban, Champix, patches, gum, inhalators, micro tabs, lozenges...you name it and it has never worked

I used to double the patches up, take one the above, and still enjoy a cigarette lol

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"I have an apt on 6/11 for the smoking clinic and hoping to get the Champix tablets to help give up again. Last time I gave up for 7 months. I don't smoke in my flat, but I do have a balcony/ash pit I smoke in."
i had them they do have side effects but not had one for three years

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

5 weeks tomorrow here I've gone cold turkey and it's been OK. I slipped one night when I was out and had 3 but i'm not letting that make me give up giving up!

Saved myself £145 so far according to my app!

over a year ago

I have no intention of packing up

To be honest i dont smoke a lot, i only really have a fag when im having a drink i dont bother other wise

But i like the odd fag with my pint and im not giving it up for anyone

over a year ago

Quit nearly two years ago, no cravings but I do miss a fag after a nice meal.

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"Quit nearly two years ago, no cravings but I do miss a fag after a nice meal. "
me to

Post new Message to Thread