Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Internet connection

Jump to newest

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

So you are speaking to someone over the internet and there is a "spark".. I know it happens etc.. that is how I got to know my ex husband. However sometimes you meet and there is nothing there.. either you not attracted or the spark is not there in person..

I have had a few encounters where we have got on great via the internet and text and phone but when meeting its been so different.. Its a strange world....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some people are more comfortable behind a keyboard than they are in the real world

over a year ago

"So you are speaking to someone over the internet and there is a "spark".. I know it happens etc.. that is how I got to know my ex husband. However sometimes you meet and there is nothing there.. either you not attracted or the spark is not there in person..

I have had a few encounters where we have got on great via the internet and text and phone but when meeting its been so different.. Its a strange world....

"

I put it down to the fact that people can relax more over a keyboard and can act out an alter ego that is not neccesarily true to their real personality.

over a year ago

sorta why i prefer shagging...

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Yep, had it happen a few times but I guess that's the way it goes.

For me I put up huge great big barriers when out on the town so I don't really 'pull'. I find it easier to chat to people online, can be the real me etc.

over a year ago

If I don't like someone's online persona, it is unlikely that I would like him in real life.

There had only been one exception, and we ended up having 4 good years together from the day I gave him an offer he could not refuse.

I miss him dearly.

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"If I don't like someone's online persona, it is unlikely that I would like him in real life.

There had only been one exception, and we ended up having 4 good years together from the day I gave him an offer he could not refuse.

I miss him dearly. "

Pearl you are a great source of wisdom... I respect you for that.. Its harsh that those that are not meant to be taken away. Are... xx

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Have you tried logging off, switching everything off at the mains and putting a paper clip in that little hole? It usually works.

Seriously, never dismiss the power of pheremones.

over a year ago

Fortunately i've never been in this situation. I find if there will be a noticeable change it will be from when you go from exchanging messages via PM or texts to when you make phone calls.

If there are no awkward silences, moments of tension and conversation flows freely with plenty of laughter and giggles then the chances are we will get on like a house on fire face to face.

over a year ago

Messages via PMs need to flow freely before I would consider giving out my mobile phone number.

If I find them hard work via PMs, then they are likely to be hard work over the phone, based on personal experience.

over a year ago

Years ago I was single and looking so went on a dating site, got on well on line and then via txt. Arranged to meet up close to hers and the evening if the meet we were chatting having a giggle and her phone rings. She explains to me I've of her kids had been taken poorly and would I mind if we did this another night. Being an understanding bloke I said its ok.... Never heard from her after that.... Gutted dont come close

over a year ago

"Years ago I was single and looking so went on a dating site, got on well on line and then via txt. Arranged to meet up close to hers and the evening if the meet we were chatting having a giggle and her phone rings. She explains to me I've of her kids had been taken poorly and would I mind if we did this another night. Being an understanding bloke I said its ok.... Never heard from her after that.... Gutted dont come close "

That sucks. I'd much rather people were honest. If the meet isn't doing it for you it's much better to say so.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Some people's personae online is completely different to that in the 'real' world

over a year ago

I find being myself is the best way. I'm no where near perfect but I am who I am and it's all I'll ever be.

over a year ago

"Years ago I was single and looking so went on a dating site, got on well on line and then via txt. Arranged to meet up close to hers and the evening if the meet we were chatting having a giggle and her phone rings. She explains to me I've of her kids had been taken poorly and would I mind if we did this another night. Being an understanding bloke I said its ok.... Never heard from her after that.... Gutted dont come close

That sucks. I'd much rather people were honest. If the meet isn't doing it for you it's much better to say so."

I'm polite like that if I feel the meet isn't going well I will say how I feel with the risk of being called all sorts but can honestly say I've not had a bad meet off here... Think I'm one of the lucky few

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

When mine plays up it usually means the next door neighbour wants more fresh fish.

Post new Message to Thread