Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

liverpool fc

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

im a newcastle fan myself but have always followed liverpool fondly since the late 70's but would like to know what pool fans think of brendan rogers,and the way things are going at the moment..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am a Liverpool fan, and feel that Brendan is not being given the money he needs to buy quality players, and the kudos of the club isnt right - personally I am not sure that American owners have the same passion for the game that we English have

over a year ago

papers today suggesting he has 10 million in january to spend on a striker but he's targeting walcott,hes a good player but not what i'd class as a clinical striker

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"im a newcastle fan myself but have always followed liverpool fondly since the late 70's but would like to know what pool fans think of brendan rogers,and the way things are going at the moment.."

That's easy to answer Alimark, and I write as a Kop Season Ticket Holder and match goer since the early 70's.

Brendan Rodgers is a good guy who currently enjoys the full support of certainly the maych going fans and indeed most non match going fans if you look on fans websites like RAWK for example.

We understand his philosophy, what he's trying to do and Liverpool continue to play, by and large, attacking pass and move football just as they did under King Kenny.

On a wider basis, the vast majority of LFC fans still buy into what FSG are trying to do in the 2 years that they have owned the club.

The fact is, the reign of Hicks/Gillette caused untold damge to the infrastructure of the club, I honestly believe that if FSG had taken over when the 2 cowboys did, Rafa would still be manager today and Liverpool would have won the league during his reign, heck we came close despite the efforts of the 2 cowboys.

Rodgers will benefit from the support of the crowd, because he seems to "get" Liverpool. Ofcourse, time will tell whether the strategy employed by FSG and Rodgers works, for example we have some very very talented and exciting teenagers in our first team, the question is will FSG fund transfers to supplement that talent, or play the long game with an expectation that the home grown talent will bring success over the next few years.

As for where we are now, well we need to keep winning games, I'm deliberately ignoring the Capital One Cup game as in my opinion it's good news we're out of it and it will be good to contine a pretty good run in the league thats started since Norwich away (8 points out of 12) with a good win against you lot tomorrow.

In conclusion, Liverpool do have a lot of things to sort out on the pitch, mainly in squad strengthening, but we do seem to be going in the right direction. Enjoy your traditional nil points at Anfield tomorrow, and for the record, Newcastle are one of my favorite non Liverpool teams too.

over a year ago

cheers for that, but im going for a sneaky 1-0 win for the toon

By *MOOTH AND ROUGHCouple
over a year ago

tamworth

Im liverpool fan have been since was a child think brendan rodgers needs time he is a good young coach, but lets see if his owners think that. I dont think his players have settled in yet borini i dont think is bettet than carrol who should have only gone when another striker was brought in

over a year ago

In keeping with the arbitrary logic, which many young people use placing their secondary allegiance or disapproval’s towards non-local teams… I was never a fan of Liverpool FC….

Perhaps this was born out of a jealousy because at the time LFC embodied everything every other club in the country would expire to be….!.

They seemed to have perfected a recipe for success based on longstanding continuity that ran through every aspect of the club.

They seemed to many outsiders, as not only the best side in Britain they were probably the best club side in the world….

Times change and money seems to be the major catalyst to gaining foot-balling success these days, so I can’t ever see LFC recapturing their former dominance no matter who they have as manager….!.

PS.... Sox keeps one foot in the Makem camp and one foot in the Toon camp, and has a unexplainable allegiance to Buckie Thistle as-well…….!.

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

Life long Liverpool fan brendan rodgers needs time but he is making some really bad decisions time will tell should of played a lot stronger side against a decent swansea side.

Sell joe cole or just give him away to clear the wage drain if man city could buy henderson as money doesnt mean anything to them

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"Life long Liverpool fan brendan rodgers needs time but he is making some really bad decisions time will tell should of played a lot stronger side against a decent swansea side.

Sell joe cole or just give him away to clear the wage drain if man city could buy henderson as money doesnt mean anything to them "

And that's why football is such fun. I totally disagree with the statement of he should have played a strong side against Swansea, to me he needs to keep his strong sides primed for League games only this season.

I agree totally with you about Joe Cole, a guy who talks a good game but has yet to play one for Liverpool.

As for Henderson, I'm a bit between a rock and a hard place with him, He's young at 22 and does have talent, but has during his time at Liverpool almost always been played out of position. His best games have come when he's been played at Central Midfield, and I guess decisons have yet to be made as to whether Rodgers see's a long term role for him at Anfield

By *ngelbiTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Dyserth, North Wales

"I am a Liverpool fan, and feel that Brendan is not being given the money he needs to buy quality players, and the kudos of the club isnt right - personally I am not sure that American owners have the same passion for the game that we English have "

I'm not a Liverpool fan but you can't expect Brendan to have unlimited money after LFC spent loads of money during KK's reign. They need to sell first before they can realistically buy another quality attacker.

Also being beaten by Spurs to Siggurdsson and Dempsey didn't help. Add to that, Brendan Rodger's dealing with Andy Carroll too.

Liverpool need Lucas back ASAP and this will hopefully release Gerard to get forward more.

And I can see LFC signing Walcott in either January or for a free at the end of the season as he supports Liverpool.

This year, you will finish top 6. Next year you will be in top 4.

Angel xx

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"

This year, you will finish top 6. Next year you will be in top 4.

Angel xx"

I'll take that right now!!!!!

Can't wait for the start of the 2014/15 season now.....

over a year ago

Brendan will be the best in time. Wenger and Ferguson have both shown that bleeding youngsters into the first team works better than spending millions and our youth academy is excellent. We can't expect much this season, trophy at least next season and then big things from year 3 onwards. Drogba on loan next week till March (according to rumours) will help us. Cole, Henderson, Downing all out. Ba and Walcott please.

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

Liver-who?

over a year ago

Lfc needed to bring in a manager who had a vision of how he wanted the team to play and detailed plans of how he intended to get them there. Rodgers has that. Whether his vision is the right one, whether he is capable of delivering it only time will tell but he needs to be given a couple of seasons to give it his best shot. Even if it doesn't work the period of stability will be better for the club than keep changing managers.

Unfortunately his chances of successfully implementing his system and then being successful with it is seriously undermined by his lack of funds and the number of high paid yet un-talented players he has inherited and is unable to find buyers for.

Lfc would have been in a far better situation if the new owners had brought Rodgers in eighteen months before they did. Unfortunately their lack of first hand knowledge of the game led them to being guided by a minority of the fans and they brought in Kenny Dalgleish whose style of managing is twenty years out of date. (In his time football was more about assembling talented individuals and motivating them. In the modern game good tactical knowledge and implementation is crucial) kenny then wasted the money the owners provided for transfers meaning there is no money left for Rodgers and therefore making Rodgers job far harder.

There are plenty of signs that Rodgers is getting his message across to the current players but after Kenny he has so little to work with I personally am not sure we will ever get back into the top four unless the owners find another £100 million from somewhere which -given the way they keep referring to the financial fair play rules in every interview they give- seems very unlikely.

But whether we get back amongst the best teams or not you can be sure Lfc will always be well supported YWNWA

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I have been an LFC fan since I was 'this big', Saturday afternoons in the boys pen at Anfield was a good place to learn both football and a new vocabulary!

I have faith in Rodgers, I just hope that FSG give him the time he needs. I am not hopeful of much this season, consolidation at best, nurturing some new talent as well.

It is true that some players we have simply have not performed and others are just not fit to wear the shirt. Cut the losses and get rid of them, the club will never get the money they paid out so take what they can get and start a proper rebuilding programme.

I agree with a comment above that Gilett and Hicks were the instigators of the club's downfall. FSG are talking the right tones, lets just hope they are in it for the long haul because thats what Rodgers needs. Stability needs to be brought back to the club.

JFT96

over a year ago

He was right to play a 'weak' team. Our squad isn't the biggest and most experienced after having to shift the dead wood this summer.

He needs players and he should definitely have time, not chopping and changing every year.

Should be a cracking game tomorrow, shame I have to start work at 6 o clock tomorrow just to watch it!

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

the toon were 5/1 to win

last time i heard fill your bootslike brendan hope he does ok

but as a man utd fan cant wish more.

king kenny was intresting on talk sport

in the week did anyone catch what he said

Post new Message to Thread