Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

flying sparkles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Our daughter, who is three and a half, keeps waking really early and refusing to go back into her room due to "flying sparkles". Any ideas? They don't seem to be upsetting her too much other than waking her up, she's more annoyed than frightened.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Arm her with surface to air missiles & some cool shades and she'll be just fine

*courtesy of the useless information department*

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Dust prarticles when theres a stream of natural light through curtains you can see them..

Thats my only idea

over a year ago

"Dust prarticles when theres a stream of natural light through curtains you can see them..

Thats my only idea"

No light as it's still dark out, it's really early. Plus she has thick lined curtains. But thank you for the suggestion xx

over a year ago

Could it be eye floaters??? Not sure children get them??? Maybe a eye test maybe needed? Im puzzled.com

By *uck_us_hardCouple
over a year ago

N.E Lincolnshire

Maybe she has a headache/migraine that's affecting her sight?

over a year ago

I wondered about migraines as I suffer with migraines with aura, but she's not complaining about getting headaches, and when I ask her she says no.

I also thought floaters at first (would be very uncommon unless she had a retinal detachment and there has been no trauma) but it's just isolated to her room, she doesn't see them at any other time.

I will probably take her for an eye test to rule it out though...

over a year ago

Should also add, upon talking to her more about it this morning, she said they are pink and purple, make a crackling sound and try to get into her ear (hence the annoyance). She does have an imaginary friend, named Jake who is so small he fits in her hand, and she's recently started talking about another person called Roosa. This came up this morning when we came downstairs, it was just first light out and she froze staring at the kitchen window, I asked if she was okay, and she said "Roosa is scared of looking out the window".

over a year ago

Give her a new teddy bear 'bodyguard'. Tell her it will look after her. Just an idea. X

Or maybe a hearing test? Might be sounds and not vision that's bothering her. Hope she's ok.

over a year ago

How long has this been going on ?

Its it just a 5th November thing with sparklers and fireworks ?

At her age too, she may be settling in ti a new school nursery, our experiencing new changes in her life .....

Which with an active imagination are.part of her rationalising these changes and seeking comfort from her mum.....

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

My youngest is the same age and blames everything on 'snuggs' (her teddy since birth that I'm sure is surgically attached to her!). She also wakes early but tells me snuggs woke her! I have just bought her a clock and tell her if snuggs wakes her before 7am but she can't get back to sleep she must still stay in her room but can read. This all started around a month ago and this last week I've heard her morning story telling much less so I think it's finally working

over a year ago

Ghostbusters time

over a year ago

Simple demonic possession that will eventually bring your entire house down, destroy the street and end the world.

Or it could be something easily explained away by someone with more practical knowledge of these things than I do..I'd go for the latter

over a year ago

"Ghostbusters time "

My thoughts too

By *uck_us_hardCouple
over a year ago

N.E Lincolnshire

"Ghostbusters time

My thoughts too "

I didn't want to say it first!...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Usually it is adult interpretation rather than children's attempts to communicate that causes problems.

If she's physically and emotionally fit and happy ( the usual developmental things excluded ) then just love her through the phase.

For me personally , I don't encourage 'invisible' friends. I don't ridicule them but I don't include them either. They are fucking hard to break and it will make everyone else at her uni - graduation uneasy.

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"Our daughter, who is three and a half, keeps waking really early and refusing to go back into her room due to "flying sparkles". Any ideas? They don't seem to be upsetting her too much other than waking her up, she's more annoyed than frightened."

Just a random thought for you, but as it happened to my eldest when she was about the same age i'll throw it in.

In her case, she was frightened because there was "Big Swords" in her bedroom. The subject cropped up regularly and we simply couldn't work out what was worrying her, and after a couple of minutes of searching the room each time she went off to sleep.

A few months later, she drew a picture of a Big Circular Saw, saying it was "Big Swords", which is when I realised that several months earlier she'd been playing in the sitting room with me, with the TV on and David Copperfield, the magician had done a trick which had appeared to have him cut in half by a circular saw. That's when I learnt just how much a kiddy absorbs from everywhere and was much more careful what was on TV when she was in the room after that.

To get to the bottom of your daughters "problem" you may well have to look for something you haven't even thought of yet.

Post new Message to Thread