Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

tesco cheep booze

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

it seems they made a mistake on an offer on wine, you could get 300 pounds worth for 50 ish.

why do i only ever hear about these things after they happen ffs

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eneral HysteriaMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Damn. And there was me thinking you were gonna tell us to swing by tesco for a booze-bargain-bonanza.

By *lum59Couple
over a year ago

wigan

Tesco and Asda and other big chains killing the Pub Trade whish are penalised by high rents and having to pay over the odds for thier beer

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

every little helps in our corporate bid to rule the world.

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Aparrently it's still working. I'm just waiting for hubby to get home with the car then we're off to get some (when I say some, I mean lots!)

They had a similar glitch last year too.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Bullshit. I work in the industry. There are two things killing the pub trade, cheap substandard chains I.e. Wetherspoons, and lazy/cheap landlord. You need to make your pub/bar appealing in order to compete and that takes a lot of time effort and little bit of money.

By *ompip3Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

"Aparrently it's still working. I'm just waiting for hubby to get home with the car then we're off to get some (when I say some, I mean lots!)

They had a similar glitch last year too. "

WHats the deal? ...how do we get it! ....QUICK!!!!

over a year ago

don't think it's bulshit !!!

and while I do agree to an extent about sub standard landlords the prime reasons are the economy downturn and the rise of cheap supermarket booze,

Also if landlords wheren't tied in to brewery contracts they would be able to get their stock cheaper as well....

Brewery/pub chains should look at themselves and see what they can do to stop 20/30 pubs a week closing

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

They are running 2 offers currently 3 for £12 (and a 2 for £12 on nicer wines) and also 25% off 6 bottles. If you buy 6 of the 3 for £12 (or the 2 for £12) both offers kick in.

The more expensive the original price, the bigger the saving but it's averaging around £3 a bottle now.

Will ONLY work if you buy in multiples of 6

By *ompip3Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

"They are running 2 offers currently 3 for £12 (and a 2 for £12 on nicer wines) and also 25% off 6 bottles. If you buy 6 of the 3 for £12 (or the 2 for £12) both offers kick in.

The more expensive the original price, the bigger the saving but it's averaging around £3 a bottle now.

Will ONLY work if you buy in multiples of 6 "

On it like a tramp eating a fish supper!!!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Someone run and get me some.. Oh I miss having a car....

over a year ago

"They are running 2 offers currently 3 for £12 (and a 2 for £12 on nicer wines) and also 25% off 6 bottles. If you buy 6 of the 3 for £12 (or the 2 for £12) both offers kick in.

Will ONLY work if you buy in multiples of 6 "

Sounds like a cellar stocking weekend for many.

over a year ago

"Someone run and get me some.. Oh I miss having a car.... "

Aaarrggghhh me too

over a year ago

"don't think it's bulshit !!!

and while I do agree to an extent about sub standard landlords the prime reasons are the economy downturn and the rise of cheap supermarket booze,

Also if landlords wheren't tied in to brewery contracts they would be able to get their stock cheaper as well....

Brewery/pub chains should look at themselves and see what they can do to stop 20/30 pubs a week closing

"

Cocktail bars are still full yet their drinks are more expensive than any other pubs bars. People are still spending money perhaps not as much just means you have to work harder to get bums on seats.

As for cheaper drinks to the industry we pay pretty much the same price joe blow would in a super market however I don't think that's a problem you're paying for the service, the atmosphere and perhaps even company.

Breweries do do a lot to try and keep places open however a lot of places generally have muppets in charge who wake up one day and decide they'd like to give up their office job and run a pub because its easy right? After all they waitressed whilst at uni etc.

Very few pubs with actual hospitality/catering staff will struggle in all honesty.

Sorry about the off topic rant its just something I feel quite strongly about. Off to buy cheap wine now xxx

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Just back from Tesco Bristol and I can confirm it's still working.

Just had 18 bottles of mixed red & white for £60 (£44 saving) making each bottle approx £3. Most expensive bottle (pre offer) of wine we bought was £10 so not a bad deal at all.

That's Christmas sorted!

Post new Message to Thread