Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

pcos

Jump to newest

By *andykisses OP   Woman
over a year ago

laugharne

What other woman suffers from it I was diagnosed with it when I was 15 and was told to learn with it, at times I find it very hard to live with and I think there should be help groups for us women that have it and also partners and family so they can understand it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I had/have it. That is why it was a miracle when i found out i was pregnant. He was actually laying on a cyst. I used to suffer really badly especially when one burst. However, after having my son i never had any more problems with it, i dont actually know if i still have it or not but i dont have any symptoms now

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have the syndrome and suffer quite badly which has also lead to depression. The best site I've found is fertility friends lots in there about the condition and support etc. I've made some life long friends who know 'how it feels'. Everyone says oh I'm so sorry or oh you would make a brilliant mum yet don't understand the impact of those words. Friends on ff will help and have me. It's not fair it's not nice I've been to hell and back because of it and your right unless you live with it no one gets it. If u want a mate who is living what you are just drop me a mail. X

over a year ago

laugharne

it is pure hell, i get so depressed with it, it really gets to me, my friends and family are gr8 but they dont know how it feels to live with it, the amount of times i just sit and cry abt it in private.

I hate it when people say oh u wud of made a good mum, its the last thing i wanna hear wen i wanna hold my own and not someone elses.

it all the symptoms i cant cope with either x

By * starr -Woman
over a year ago

Burton on Trent.

i have it and only found out when i was trying to have a baby and couldnt, they told me to lose weight, which is impossible for me and on the 2nd appt told the same (by which, i didnt know at the time, but i was already pregnant) so i went away and pondered, by which time i had been to the FPC and they tested me positive, i couldnt believe it and asked if she was sure, sure enough i was.

my periods were so irregular beforehand and after my first was born they went ok, i got pregnant a 2nd time (both boys) and then they started to go erratic again, to the point i was "on" for 30 days and then off for 10, then back on again, it was hell, so draining and not to forget about the cost in sanitary wear.i dont get them when im on the injection for contraception, but am currently waiting to have a period to give my body a rest from the hormones.

stay positive and ask your doc for help or referal to fertility clinic.xx

just to add insult to injury, i lost my boys to a couple, as because of my ex, they were put up for adoption.i was broken hearted, still am, and will never forgive him.but at least i know they are in a good place unlike me, when i was adopted.im hoping they break the cycle.

over a year ago

Not quite sure what PCOS is, but having spent a good number of years with a partner who was unable to carry babies due to endometreosis, I feel for anyone who is in a similar position.

I've lived with the ups and the numerous downs, and I've lived with the vast roller coaster of emotions that it created.

I've also lived with eptopic pregnancy, miscarriages, conflicting medical advice and even though it was said with all best intention, with the 'what a shame' comments of friends and family.

I just thought I'd put my ten penneth in here as where having babies (or not) is concerned, people generally assume that it is a 'woman thing' and I, for one, can say that it most definately isn't.

Support should be available for all involved, not just the ladies.

That said, I do not wish to detract from anyones pain or frustration on this emotive and emotional subject.

By * starr -Woman
over a year ago

Burton on Trent.

PCOS is poly cystic overy syndrome

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

I have two friends with PCOS. Happily, both have become pregnant and delivered safely - but not without lots of heartache in the meantime.

Don't give up hope.

Hugs

over a year ago

laugharne

Ive got my head around that i will never have my own baby but its the rest of the symptoms i cant cope with

By * starr -Woman
over a year ago

Burton on Trent.

weight gain is a fecker, now ive discovered i have an underactive thyroid, wonder if ill lose any weight once the tabs kick in

By * starr -Woman
over a year ago

Burton on Trent.

"Ive got my head around that i will never have my own baby but its the rest of the symptoms i cant cope with"

who says you will never have a baby?it is possible.x

over a year ago

laugharne

"Ive got my head around that i will never have my own baby but its the rest of the symptoms i cant cope with

who says you will never have a baby?it is possible.x"

the drs have said there is no chance i will have a baby, been told cos i was young diagnosed with it wen young and no medication was given, i have the worse case of it in wales and more than likely in the UK, gotta love drs dont u lol

By * starr -Woman
over a year ago

Burton on Trent.

i see.could someone not carry a baby for you?

or would they not even do fertility treatment on you?

over a year ago

I was told after our first cycle of ivf to give up my hubby left to find someone to have a family with up to that point I hadn't had a normal period in 7 years. Due to pcos and cervical cancer. Didn't even get them when I was on chlomid. Then 2 weeks after he left I had a period 2 years later I get them every 28 days. The drs have put me on metformin and also thyroxin as my thyroid doesn't work correctly also part of the condition. The drugs are vile to start with side affects almost as worse as living with pcos. However having recently been tested I had produced two eggs quite ironic now as I'm a single Pringle. One good thing about the drugs they do seem to help with weightloss when he left I was a big 22 stone 2 years later I'm 14 I now go the gym and bought some jeans in new look the other day . Join fertility friends the girls I got chatting too saved me from being a very silly girl when times got bad and thanks to them I'm sat here tonight. X

over a year ago

laugharne

"I was told after our first cycle of ivf to give up my hubby left to find someone to have a family with up to that point I hadn't had a normal period in 7 years. Due to pcos and cervical cancer. Didn't even get them when I was on chlomid. Then 2 weeks after he left I had a period 2 years later I get them every 28 days. The drs have put me on metformin and also thyroxin as my thyroid doesn't work correctly also part of the condition. The drugs are vile to start with side affects almost as worse as living with pcos. However having recently been tested I had produced two eggs quite ironic now as I'm a single Pringle. One good thing about the drugs they do seem to help with weightloss when he left I was a big 22 stone 2 years later I'm 14 I now go the gym and bought some jeans in new look the other day . Join fertility friends the girls I got chatting too saved me from being a very silly girl when times got bad and thanks to them I'm sat here tonight. X"

well done on your weight loss, wish i could lose some, ill have a look at that site

Post new Message to Thread