Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Secrecy

Jump to newest

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I have made sure that family, friends and work colleagues know that I go online to 'hook up' with guys for casual sex. They do not know details - that's my business.

How do others feel about the issue of secrecy/openness?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There are some things that family just don't need to know

over a year ago

Yes, very open here...I think its fair and honest...xx

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

I chose to do that so they don't get any 'nasty' surprises. I would rather they found out from me.

And they were all cool about it. It just simply is not an issue.

That said, I am not sure, were my parents still alive, I could have been so open with them.

over a year ago

I think / hope that I am open enough with others that nothing could back to bite me on the bum, whilst at the same time not providing them with the finer details of the mechanics of what I do and who I choose to meet.

I have been more patently frank with two people and if they do ever want to know the mechanics, I would gladly discuss that with them, but not the who's or the when's.

In all honesty, I have never had anyone shocked or outraged by it as I do not allow it to impinge or directly affect anyone elses life other than my own and those I choose to meet.

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Family definitely kept well and truly in the dark but close friends all know what i get up to as they are often my security as I always let one of them know where I am going!!

over a year ago

ooh thats a hard one...not sure if I could have done with my parents...but thats just me...x

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"ooh thats a hard one...not sure if I could have done with my parents...but thats just me...x"

I know. I think my mum could have accepted it but my dad definitely not.

over a year ago

"ooh thats a hard one...not sure if I could have done with my parents...but thats just me...x

I know. I think my mum could have accepted it but my dad definitely not."

The other way round for me...but thats a mummy's boy and daddy's girl thing I suppose....x

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"ooh thats a hard one...not sure if I could have done with my parents...but thats just me...x

The other way round for me...but thats a mummy's boy and daddy's girl thing I suppose....x"

Oh I wasn't a daddys girl. He was just so rigid and straight-laced!!

over a year ago

The other way round for me...but thats a mummy's boy and daddy's girl thing I suppose....x

Oh I wasn't a daddys girl. He was just so rigid and straight-laced!! "

Cool thats parents for you...I hope I'm not the same with my kids and grand kids...I hope they can tell me anything..

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

no,only one person knows im on here and thats how it will stay

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cool thats parents for you...I hope I'm not the same with my kids and grand kids...I hope they can tell me anything.. "

My daughter knows a fair bit. But she is 30 now and an open-minded woman. Turns out I was right to tell her as she admitted having signed up to some sites herself - though not this one. So I can chat with her and, hopefully, give her some useful advice.

over a year ago

Cool thats parents for you...I hope I'm not the same with my kids and grand kids...I hope they can tell me anything..

My daughter knows a fair bit. But she is 30 now and an open-minded woman. Turns out I was right to tell her as she admitted having signed up to some sites herself - though not this one. So I can chat with her and, hopefully, give her some useful advice."

You have a great relationship...and thats so cool....

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

My daughter knows a fair bit. But she is 30 now and an open-minded woman. Turns out I was right to tell her as she admitted having signed up to some sites herself - though not this one. So I can chat with her and, hopefully, give her some useful advice.

You have a great relationship...and thats so cool.... "

I know. We are very close. More like friends now. We've been through a lot together. There are a lot of kinky details I would not share with her though.

over a year ago

You have a great relationship...and thats so cool....

I know. We are very close. More like friends now. We've been through a lot together. There are a lot of kinky details I would not share with her though."

The closer you are the better it is...my guys are all in Cornwall...so we chat on the phone and Facebook...I travel down a couple of times a year so its difficult...I envy such a close relationship...

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

My ex wife knows a reasonable outline. My mum propably knows more than I think...

I have a synaptic inhibitor fitted to avoid knowing what Funky is up to

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I have made sure that family, friends and work colleagues know that I go online to 'hook up' with guys for casual sex. They do not know details - that's my business.

How do others feel about the issue of secrecy/openness?"

How much I have in the bank: my business.

How much I earn: my business.

How many times I open my bowels: my business.

How I conduct my personal life: my business.

I don't see any reason to explain or justify who, what or where to anybody. I personally don't see why others feel the need to share - but to each their own.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I have made sure that family, friends and work colleagues know that I go online to 'hook up' with guys for casual sex. They do not know details - that's my business.

How do others feel about the issue of secrecy/openness?

How much I have in the bank: my business.

How much I earn: my business.

How many times I open my bowels: my business.

How I conduct my personal life: my business.

I don't see any reason to explain or justify who, what or where to anybody. I personally don't see why others feel the need to share - but to each their own."

I didn't say justify. I said I was open. People know you have a bank account but not the details. I would rather family had some knowledge. That way no one can hurt them with the information. Having read what some people have said on here it clearly does happen.

Besides I feel I have nothing to hide but that is my choice. I entirely understand why people want their privacy.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Some of my friends know and seem cool about it. They ask me questions about the scene and clubs etc.

My sister who lives down the road knows and my dad knows I go off out and about a lot lol he makes sure I tell my sister where I'm going etc.

I don't se the need to shout about it. My friends only know cos one of them saw fab on my phone

over a year ago

My job dictates this is on the down low!

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Some of my friends know and seem cool about it. They ask me questions about the scene and clubs etc.

My sister who lives down the road knows and my dad knows I go off out and about a lot lol he makes sure I tell my sister where I'm going etc.

I don't se the need to shout about it. My friends only know cos one of them saw fab on my phone "

I don't shout about it at all. I just made sure they were informed. Other than that it is just not mentioned in the main.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

How do others feel about the issue of secrecy/openness?"

Think its on a need to know basis, evderyone in my life that needs to know-does.

Anyone else- doesnt.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

How do others feel about the issue of secrecy/openness?Think its on a need to know basis, evderyone in my life that needs to know-does.

Anyone else- doesnt."

I appreciate that. Not every single person I know knows what I do. And none know details.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

How do others feel about the issue of secrecy/openness?Think its on a need to know basis, evderyone in my life that needs to know-does.

Anyone else- doesnt.

I appreciate that. Not every single person I know knows what I do. And none know details."

Its down to individual choice, you do whats right for you and what you are comfortable with.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Anyone else- doesnt.

I appreciate that. Not every single person I know knows what I do. And none know details.Its down to individual choice, you do whats right for you and what you are comfortable with."

Yes. I think that is a fair comment. I wad just wondering if I was unusual.

over a year ago

My mum and bro do not know, however they live in a different continent and U don't see them often.

Close friends and colleagues know, not the details, of course, as I don't want them to worry about me.

over a year ago

I think the OP is brave for letting people know; many would be judgmental. I however, would never tell anyone close to me. But that's just due to my occupation. I couldn't risk anyone finding out

over a year ago

Most people in my life know. I am not ashamed and don't see anything wrong with it. So they know. Although the choice was taken away from me when someone outed me.

Cali

over a year ago

A couple of very close friends know about my Fab side, one of them always has the details of any meets I arrange, had what could have turned out to be a scary meet when I first joined, so for me it's about safety.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I have no reason or need to want to tell anyone about what we do with our sex lives,the same as I don't need to know about anyone elses

I do understand that if I was a single female that there would have to be one person if not from real life then from fab life that id like to be able to tell where I was going to and who with,purely from a safety perspective

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Our sex life is our business....and just like I wouldn't want to know any of my families/ friends sex lives, we don't tell them ours.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Most people in my life know. I am not ashamed and don't see anything wrong with it. So they know. Although the choice was taken away from me when someone outed me.

Cali"

That is what I wanted to avoid hence the reason for my openness.

Post new Message to Thread