Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Interview nerves

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I got the inter_iew for my dream job short listed from 35 to 3. It's in the morning :-/. I can't sleep too much going on in my head questions they might ask. What if I screw up? I've wanted this job years and its been 10 years since they last advertised. It's my dream in some ways. I'm crap all the presentation they want is done but I'm not ready oh what to wear, how to make the right impression and not look crap because I'm wide awake now thinking about it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Tony Robbins say its the way you look at it, either _iew them as nerves or _iew it as excitement. You have the chance to go get your dream job tomorrow, that's great, you've gotten down to the last three, amazing, they obviously think you're good!!!

So just relax, light a candle and chill out, and go in there excited and confident tomorrow.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

My advice would be....

Deep breaths.

Think of a lovely peaceful place (i try n think of a lake on a spring/summers day, just sat quietly)

Try and relax at this place and just count. If you cant sleep, get up, have a brew, a wee, then back to bed thinking of that peaceful place.

In the morning, skim your notes, have a good breakfast/coffee then venture to the inter_iew.

Good luck, and just be yourself x

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Use these nerves to project that you are enthusiastic and prepared for this role.

Wear something that makes you feel comfortable and in charge.

Good luck.

over a year ago

As somebody who inter_iews for various roles in the banking industry I can tell you that the people who are inter_iewing you are 100% wanting you to be brilliant. If things start to fall apart, as they can with any inter_iew then stay calm, take a sip of your drink and breath. Be confident; if anything the inter_iew will be great experience, if you show your knowledge/potential you have a good chance of being successful. One final thing; my current job was my dream job, I had 3 inter_iews, one lasting an hour and two lasting over 5 hours in total, I screwed up hugely at the second inter_iew with my presentation but wow'd with the rest, at the final inter_iew I'd been throwing up all night and had no sleep but I got it. My points? Don't let 1blip in the inter_iew screw up the rest and don't let something out of your control ruin your composure.

over a year ago

Write down all the ideas that a re bombing through your head at the moment, go make yourself a nice warm drink. back to bed scan the list for things you may have missed writing on it the first time. Then put your light out and go to sleep .... the worries thoughts niggles and ideas will still be there on the list in the morning, usually looking much less scary and easily surmountable.

Fingers crossed for your inter_iew, good luck xxx

over a year ago

Omg I'm nervous for you so you don't have to be now. There has been some brilliant replies to your post in my opinion I'm lucky enough to have worked in the same job for 36 years now so any type of inter_iew would be horrifying to me . Well done again x x

over a year ago

Good luck you'll be fine once there.

over a year ago

Best of luck

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

Hopefully you're fast asleep by now and I'm guessing you won't be thinking about checking the forums in the morning ...but I just thought I'd wish you good luck anyway.

over a year ago

Your down to the last 3 so they already like you, be yourself and good luck relax and let them know your the one for the job

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

How did it go?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

good luck

over a year ago

Hey, it's went really well enough for me to come out head held high smile on my face. If I'm not lucky then I guess it isn't my time and maybe fate has something else in store. This time tomorrow I should know.

over a year ago

"Hey, it's went really well enough for me to come out head held high smile on my face. If I'm not lucky then I guess it isn't my time and maybe fate has something else in store. This time tomorrow I should know. "

Fingers crossed

over a year ago

Good luck for tomorrow then and well done for today.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

[Removed by poster at 31/10/12 15:39:23]

over a year ago

Good luck, this part is the worst, the waiting - you cant change anything now - and am sure it will be positive for you xxxx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/10/12 15:42:54]

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"Hey, it's went really well enough for me to come out head held high smile on my face. If I'm not lucky then I guess it isn't my time and maybe fate has something else in store. This time tomorrow I should know. "

Look at it this way... if they DON'T hire you, that's their loss and they have passed over the best candidate!

over a year ago

Gutted!!! Turned down never mind knew in my heart of hearts taking a downgrade wasn't perhaps the right thing for me.

over a year ago

Oh well, never mind, sounds like you got the right attitude about it.

over a year ago

"Gutted!!! Turned down never mind knew in my heart of hearts taking a downgrade wasn't perhaps the right thing for me. "

Soo sorry ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I am sorry you didn't get it. Don't stop dreaming and working towards your dream role.

Post new Message to Thread