Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Jump to newest

By *r Bee 21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

The amount of people I've messaged compared to the amount of people I have met is crap. Am I doing something wrong feed back welcome please im polite non pushy unyet still. Is the hole site full of time wasters or is it just that clicky

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s not you. It’s a % thing.

A minute % of women here will be looking to meet men, from your area, that fit your criteria, you fit theirs, you fancy them, they fancy you enough to want to have sex with you.

It’s brutal, but it’s realistic.

By *r Bee 21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

The odds must be rubbish as I'd pull easier at a funeral. But thanks makes me feel a bit better

over a year ago

Is crap? ( nice name by the way )

But it’s a thing. Seriously and honestly here. Out of the few, let’s say 20 maybe messages I’ve sent to anyone within possible meeting distance, (over the 2 years my account has been here), and not to people off the forum that recognise my name) I can tell you it is 1 or 2 people that replied and gave a polite no.

(Deleted and ignored is not polite!!!)

And I accept it as Keyser said above.

Back in school college etc, did you sing every girl you fancied or who fancied you? No, because it had to be an attraction both ways. The number here are against you.

The house wins, ….wait what?

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Agree with the previous comment. But for example you have an age range of 24-46 and live in Warwickshire. Now imagine how many women are between that age range in the whole county and on this site ?

You may work nationwide but you’ll accommodate in Warwick, your ideal woman could live in Manchester and look like she’s 46 but actually is 50.

The more filters you put up the less chance you’ll get to meet. It’s totally different for the women but guys outnumber them significantly.

It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have your own preferences (you’ll meet smokers that a plus) but I’d relax the age range especially.

Good luck

over a year ago

*snog (aka kiss, get off with, go with etc) not sing. damn phone

By *r Bee 21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

Thanks

over a year ago

Don’t let it get to you. There’s no secret sauce unfortunately. If it’s bothering you maybe take a break from the site? Sounds like you’ve a limited audience from location and preferences they maybe part of it. I’m (obviously) a very minority interest in here but I don’t let it grind me down. I just look elsewhere. Suggest the same.

Btw your profile needs a profile pic. But it’s well written and way above the majority of single male profiles on here.

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

It's not all full of timewasters though there is a clique (joking).

Your profile is well written but I'd say it does need a profile pic (doesn't need to be your face) as I tend to delete messages that come from a silhouette x

over a year ago

Just don't give up or sound desperate, be yourself and let your personality shine in your mails.

over a year ago

"The amount of people I've messaged compared to the amount of people I have met is crap. Am I doing something wrong feed back welcome please im polite non pushy unyet still. Is the hole site full of time wasters or is it just that clicky "

Do you tick their boxes?

Are you making it personal to them?

Are you standing out from the crowd?

Are you sending a face pic?

I can imagine it's hard for guys but if you're doing all that Keep at it.

By *r Bee 21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

Yea I always send a face pic feel free to ask if you want 1 thats being myself. I put the same headline most the time but personal messages for sure yea x

By *untogetherCouple
over a year ago

Malaga, Spain, Not in U. K.

"The amount of people I've messaged compared to the amount of people I have met is crap. Am I doing something wrong feed back welcome please im polite non pushy unyet still. Is the hole site full of time wasters or is it just that clicky "

Don't be disheartened, you've already beat most men's written profile section. The only thing I can see as an issue is no profile picture. It does not need to be your face, but something needs to be there. When I get messaged obviously I look at profile pic to see if I even want to open it. No profile pic usually mean no other photos on profile as well, and I can be bothered to reach out for pics. I like to be able to only ask for a face picture if I like the rest of what I see and read. From what I see of your profile I would respond to you,and want to see a face picture, and if I liked what I saw, I would happily start chatting.

By *r Bee 21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

[Removed by poster at 29/04/22 13:14:23]

By *rivervaderMan
over a year ago

bolton

We are all in the same boat

By *r Bee 21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

Li didn't realise i didn't have a pic up yea thats a good start lol

over a year ago

Think of it a bit like a advertising letterbox drop campaign, you’re going to post 1,000 leaflets through the letterboxes in your local area and you know that most of them will end up in the recycling centre next week, but maybe, just maybe, 2 or 3 people out of that 1,000 might be interested in your services.

The nicer and clearer the leaflet, and the better the proposition / offer, the more positive responses you’ll get.

Stick with it OP, and good luck

By *herryEatersCouple
over a year ago

East Cheshire

Keep posting and replying in the forums, fab new photos from the front page gallery. When you message folk be yourself, be positive, happy, complimentary, non pushy and include a face pic (matters to most females). If it's a no, block them to make future searches easier. Above all remember there are far too many men on here so your odds are low and it will take serious effort. We have this couple profile and a single one for Tony so see it from both sides.... Good to see you have a great veri by meeting. Tried a club or two ?, get chatting and ask them to verify you too....

over a year ago

Not at all. Mental health, fake profiles and rude women (not all).

over a year ago

Join the clique. You’ll get so many meets.

By *ookie doughMan
over a year ago

leic

My method is 100% fool proof. I never message anyone unless they message me first, I've only had a handful of meets but they were quality and repeated

By *r Bee 21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

Cookie dough i need to start doing this rather than wasting my time

over a year ago

There is a clique, the key is just to ignore them and do your own thing. Just be yourself OP and persevere without being pushy x

over a year ago

All of the above

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Quite often men send a message and then wait for an answer. Mistake. BIG mistake. Follow up with a reminder 30 mins later. Put a timer on ya phone.

over a year ago

"Quite often men send a message and then wait for an answer. Mistake. BIG mistake. Follow up with a reminder 30 mins later. Put a timer on ya phone. "

Don’t wait 30 minutes. That’s like a week in fab time

over a year ago

The amount of messages I get compared to the amount of people I’ve met is probably about the same!!

over a year ago

"The amount of people I've messaged compared to the amount of people I have met is crap. Am I doing something wrong feed back welcome please im polite non pushy unyet still. Is the hole site full of time wasters or is it just that clicky

The amount of messages I get compared to the amount of people I’ve met is probably about the same!!"

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"The amount of people I've messaged compared to the amount of people I have met is crap."

Just send less messages.

The the ratio of meets to messages will significantly increase.

The joy of statistics!!

A

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Quite often men send a message and then wait for an answer. Mistake. BIG mistake. Follow up with a reminder 30 mins later. Put a timer on ya phone.

Don’t wait 30 minutes. That’s like a week in fab time "

I guess you’re right. 30 mins is social chitchat, foreplay, shagathon, clean up, shower, coffee….

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Vastly more men than women o/p. Also women are more picky than men on a site like this (or any site related to sex/dating). Just the way it is. Treat fab like a social club and join in with forum/cam chat. Relax and have a good laugh.

By *r Bee 21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

Brighton Steve is that a joke and on being slow on the uptake or are you being serious

Post new Message to Thread