Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Weight gain and hunger

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I’ve been noticing that I’ve recently gained weight, and yes it’s going in the right places like the ass and thighs but I’m really finding it stressful to see the numbers getting bigger when I weigh myself on the scale

For whatever reason, I’m always hungry lately. I think my progesterone is really making me feel that way. I feel like could literally eat the fridge, the couch and my neighbours too

I think I do plenty of excercises, I walk fast everyday and try and do 12-13k steps, and plenty of glutes excercises almost everyday . And Pole once a week.

Anyway…

The scale says I haven’t shed a thing

Is it time to go on a strict diet? Also how do you deal with hunger suppression???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *extravagantWoman
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Speak to your GP and get your hormones checked.

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

One: ditch the scales

Two: hunger can often be a sign of thirst/ dehydration, so drink more water

over a year ago

"One: ditch the scales

Two: hunger can often be a sign of thirst/ dehydration, so drink more water "

I drink like 3L per day. Not including cups and cups of green tea

I hate the scales but I also am that neurotic bitch that needs to keep the numbers in check

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"So I’ve been noticing that I’ve recently gained weight, and yes it’s going in the right places like the ass and thighs but I’m really finding it stressful to see the numbers getting bigger when I weigh myself on the scale

For whatever reason, I’m always hungry lately. I think my progesterone is really making me feel that way. I feel like could literally eat the fridge, the couch and my neighbours too

I think I do plenty of excercises, I walk fast everyday and try and do 12-13k steps, and plenty of glutes excercises almost everyday . And Pole once a week.

Anyway…

Is it time to go on a strict diet? Also how do you deal with hunger suppression??? "

My advice is "stay off the scales"! Only half joking as weight is irrelevant if you're happy with your body composition. Maybe all those squats and pole dancing mean you've developed more muscle tissue?

But on the hunger - I get it! I feel like I can always eat! I chew a lot of gum to stop me snacking...

By *rincessPuddleDuck22Woman
over a year ago

.•°°

I hate keeping my numbers in check so I focus more on measurements than weight.

By *reezulMan
over a year ago

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 28/04/22 12:14:43]

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

I never weigh myself- ever! I think it’s a slippery slope to get into. I usually judge my weight on my clothes if they start to feel near I cut back on snacking or increase healthier foods.

As a dancer I know I carry a lot of muscle particularly in my lower half so the scale numbers could appear higher due to muscle mass but your head is still telling you ‘I’m heavier’ it’s not always the case - muscle is good

You look bloody awesome also! Xx

over a year ago

"So I’ve been noticing that I’ve recently gained weight, and yes it’s going in the right places like the ass and thighs but I’m really finding it stressful to see the numbers getting bigger when I weigh myself on the scale

Anyway…

Is it time to go on a strict diet? Also how do you deal with hunger suppression???

My advice is "stay off the scales"! Only half joking as weight is irrelevant if you're happy with your body composition. Maybe all those squats and pole dancing mean you've developed more muscle tissue?

But on the hunger - I get it! I feel like I can always eat! I chew a lot of gum to stop me snacking..."

Yeah I mean I measure myself monthly I know… and bum and thighs have increased from like 6 months ago!

Thighs +5cm

And hips +4cm which is appreciated as waist (about 27” waist and hips are about 38”)

Is same as used to be but yeah

The eating part is what scares me cos… it’s like this feeling that I just am hungry all the times and could eat and eat and EAT!

I need someone to lock my fridge and cupboard

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

Cut down on the sausage and you will be fine

over a year ago

"I never weigh myself- ever! I think it’s a slippery slope to get into. I usually judge my weight on my clothes if they start to feel near I cut back on snacking or increase healthier foods.

As a dancer I know I carry a lot of muscle particularly in my lower half so the scale numbers could appear higher due to muscle mass but your head is still telling you ‘I’m heavier’ it’s not always the case - muscle is good

You look bloody awesome also! Xx"

Awww thanks lovely x u are right maybe I’m worrying on numbers when maybe I’m just putting muscles on my lower part of my body.

Number wise I’m not really too happy but maybe I should just not worry too much about it …

It’s hard cos I picked up really bad habits from my teen years so it’s very an odd relationship I have with the scale…

over a year ago

"Cut down on the sausage and you will be fine "

NEVER!! Ever ever sausage is life

By *antasy Explorers 1313Couple
over a year ago

A place where others reside (nr Oxford)

Kylie, if you're walking, working on glutes and doing pole then there is a likelihood that you are developing muscle mass to replace fat stores that you are burning off. You can lose fat and gain muscle and therefore your weight will be the same/increase. Fully approve of the 'measurement aporoach' taking regular readings of your waist:hip ratio and any other body parts you want to pay particular attention to. Ditch the scales if you can but if not, stick to a 'once a week' weigh in and weigh yourself on the same surface, with the same scales, at the same time for consistency.

With regards to hunger, look for foods that have a high glycaemic index score, these are foods that release energy over a longer period, battling those hunger episodes. Alternatively look for good 'snacks' like nuts and oats rather than sugary fruit bars for example.

Good luck x

Charlie

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan
over a year ago

Close

Can you put different stuff in the fridge? What's your go to snack food when you're feeling peckish?

I'm a sucker for crisps and chocolate and seriously need to start having fruit instead even though there's sugar in it

Also scotch eggs and pasties are a weakness

over a year ago

"Kylie, if you're walking, working on glutes and doing pole then there is a likelihood that you are developing muscle mass to replace fat stores that you are burning off. You can lose fat and gain muscle and therefore your weight will be the same/increase. Fully approve of the 'measurement aporoach' taking regular readings of your waist:hip ratio and any other body parts you want to pay particular attention to. Ditch the scales if you can but if not, stick to a 'once a week' weigh in and weigh yourself on the same surface, with the same scales, at the same time for consistency.

With regards to hunger, look for foods that have a high glycaemic index score, these are foods that release energy over a longer period, battling those hunger episodes. Alternatively look for good 'snacks' like nuts and oats rather than sugary fruit bars for example.

Good luck x

Charlie "

Thanks for this answer! That’s very insightful and I’m glad I don’t appear like a total crazy bitch to say that I keep my body measurements every month

If I didn’t, I’d have not necessarily known the gain on hips and thighs from 6-7 months ago

Im gonna research into food. I don’t think I’d need to do a diet for now with the excercise I do daily but Ill try cut down on crappy snacks…

Im a sucker for crisps

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Cut down on the sausage and you will be fine

"

This will be your epitaph.

over a year ago

This will be your epitaph. "

I am dead

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I know your pain i treat the last 2 years like fight camp and lost no weight or body fat % on scale yet visibly gained muscle it makes no sense to me this stuff

over a year ago

I loose weight then a few months later it's all gone.

over a year ago

"One: ditch the scales

Two: hunger can often be a sign of thirst/ dehydration, so drink more water

I drink like 3L per day. Not including cups and cups of green tea

I hate the scales but I also am that neurotic bitch that needs to keep the numbers in check "

Tea and coffee can sometimes work as a diuretic so try and either stop or reduce the amount you're drinking x

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

This will be your epitaph. "

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Finally something I shine in

Hunger management is about 2 things. Habits and food choice

Food choice is easy. All that matters about weight gain is calories. All calories are the same in that regard. But you want to look at calories vs volume. A pizza is high calorie low volume. A salad is low calorie high volume. Pick foods low in calories and high in volume to help keep you full. That plus a big glass of water will help.

Habits is harder. Try to find times when you snack. Times where you feel cravings. Find the patterns and find ways to fix them. That’s what intermittent fasting does. It helps fix habits

Don’t get too bummed out on a scale weight. No one looks at you and guessed your weight. They look at your body your way it is. If your happy looking in the mirror, don’t change.

If you had the perfect body, but stood on the scale and it said 12 stone instead of 11, would you change it? Obviously not

over a year ago

I have been the same since the beginning of the year.. I'm heavier and bigger despite doing more exercise than ever.. But I'm also eating tonnes of rubbish with some good stuff thrown in

over a year ago

"Finally something I shine in

Hunger management is about 2 things. Habits and food choice

Food choice is easy. All that matters about weight gain is calories. All calories are the same in that regard. But you want to look at calories vs volume. A pizza is high calorie low volume. A salad is low calorie high volume. Pick foods low in calories and high in volume to help keep you full. That plus a big glass of water will help.

Habits is harder. Try to find times when you snack. Times where you feel cravings. Find the patterns and find ways to fix them. That’s what intermittent fasting does. It helps fix habits

Don’t get too bummed out on a scale weight. No one looks at you and guessed your weight. They look at your body your way it is. If your happy looking in the mirror, don’t change.

If you had the perfect body, but stood on the scale and it said 12 stone instead of 11, would you change it? Obviously not "

Makes total sense. It’s not a huge weight increase. A +5kg from like 6 months ago

Definitely need to probably pick my food better, and be okay with good fats vs bad fats hmmm

As said, I’m happy with where the fat Is depositing and that I’m toning with the right excercises. Could I do better? Absolutely

over a year ago

"I have been the same since the beginning of the year.. I'm heavier and bigger despite doing more exercise than ever.. But I'm also eating tonnes of rubbish with some good stuff thrown in "

Girl same!!!!

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

5kg in 6 months is a fair weight gain, but are you including your new enhancements? They must weigh a little. Plus if your liking the way you look, plus the hormones who knows.

The mirror doesn’t lie. Scales can be confusing.

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

As said previously, see your doc to check your hormone levels checked. Do your outfits fit the way you want? If so don't worry about the scales.

over a year ago

Dont weigh yourself if you are exercising and gaining muscle as muscle weighs more than fat

Keep a calorie diary most phones have a built in app for this..I work out calories before eating something helps me decide whether I really need to eat it or not (most of the time I really don't

Drink plenty of water

Have celery and cucumber sticks I fridge (if you like them) so low In calories that you u probably burn more calories eating it than what In it

Freeze grapes and suck on them (also good if you are quitting smoking)

Never eat past being full up even if you only have a little left as the more often you do it the more food it takes to fill u up (the one I struggle with and is normally the cause of my weight gain

That's all I can think of off the top of my head

Ps dieting at moment and this plus exercise has got me down a clothes size in 2 weeks x

Hope this helps x

over a year ago

"5kg in 6 months is a fair weight gain, but are you including your new enhancements? They must weigh a little. Plus if your liking the way you look, plus the hormones who knows.

The mirror doesn’t lie. Scales can be confusing. "

I’ve not included them but they are about 700g

I do like the weigh I look overall . I guess the boobs and the big ass are making me look kind of slim curvy

Before the boob job I felt like I looked more slight and thin because of the tiny boobs

By *antasy Explorers 1313Couple
over a year ago

A place where others reside (nr Oxford)

"Kylie, if you're walking, working on glutes and doing pole then there is a likelihood that you are developing muscle mass to replace fat stores that you are burning off. You can lose fat and gain muscle and therefore your weight will be the same/increase. Fully approve of the 'measurement aporoach' taking regular readings of your waist:hip ratio and any other body parts you want to pay particular attention to. Ditch the scales if you can but if not, stick to a 'once a week' weigh in and weigh yourself on the same surface, with the same scales, at the same time for consistency.

Good luck x

Charlie

Thanks for this answer! That’s very insightful and I’m glad I don’t appear like a total crazy bitch to say that I keep my body measurements every month

If I didn’t, I’d have not necessarily known the gain on hips and thighs from 6-7 months ago

Im gonna research into food. I don’t think I’d need to do a diet for now with the excercise I do daily but Ill try cut down on crappy snacks…

Im a sucker for crisps "

Nothing wrong with that at all. Everyone has a 'sucker' food, mine is Toblerone!

Diet has many meanings but if you mean engaging in a calorie defecit lifestyle then be careful because you'll end up not consuming enough calories to continue exercising at the level you're at. There are plenty of apps out there than can help you track calorie intake and you can always buy a smart watch to roughly track calorie output through exercise. Perhaps do that first and then you could already explore if you're in a calorie defecit already. If not, then you'll know which food sources cause you the greatest intakes of calories. Sometimes it's as much about portion size as it is about food. Fruit is healthy for you but if you ate 10 apples and 10 bananas a day for a month, your sugar intake would be through the roof and you'd probably gain weight. Little victories sometimes are all you need. And don't ever neglect the psychological benefits of exercise. That endorphin rush can't be matched sometimes

over a year ago

As said above, low calorie high volume foods to fill you up.

Courgette spaghetti, riced cauliflower and broccoli, loads of options, bit of salt and pepper and some seasoning and it's nice.

I'm always hungry, sat at 3500 cals daily now maintaining weight and I'm ravenous even with stuff mentioned above, just get used to it and ignore it.

over a year ago

"As said above, low calorie high volume foods to fill you up.

Courgette spaghetti, riced cauliflower and broccoli, loads of options, bit of salt and pepper and some seasoning and it's nice.

I'm always hungry, sat at 3500 cals daily now maintaining weight and I'm ravenous even with stuff mentioned above, just get used to it and ignore it."

Courgette spaghetti tho… I never got on with them

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I'm always hungry, sat at 3500 cals daily now maintaining weight and I'm ravenous even with stuff mentioned above, just get used to it and ignore it.

Courgette spaghetti tho… I never got on with them "

Huge salads with balsamic vinegar was a go to for mine

Also, get a hand plenty, 250g fat free yogurt, 250g frozen blueberries, blend until it turns into a creamy frozen blueberry ice cream. Low calorie, high volume

Also new research is confirming that very high protein diets are great. Aim for 2g protein per 1kg you weight at a minimum

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Anyway…

But on the hunger - I get it! I feel like I can always eat! I chew a lot of gum to stop me snacking...

Yeah I mean I measure myself monthly I know… and bum and thighs have increased from like 6 months ago!

Thighs +5cm

And hips +4cm which is appreciated as waist (about 27” waist and hips are about 38”)

Is same as used to be but yeah

The eating part is what scares me cos… it’s like this feeling that I just am hungry all the times and could eat and eat and EAT!

I need someone to lock my fridge and cupboard "

I love a good set of...data...too (maybe not monthly, but I find it motivating to track). +5cm, great work, Kylie! Thicc Thighs Save Lives!

over a year ago

Also, get a hand plenty, 250g fat free yogurt, 250g frozen blueberries, blend until it turns into a creamy frozen blueberry ice cream. Low calorie, high volume

Also new research is confirming that very high protein diets are great. Aim for 2g protein per 1kg you weight at a minimum "

Thanks for that suggestion. Definitely need protein, maybe cut off crap carbs , and I’m really digging avocado as good fats?

The frozen blueberry yoghurts sounds amazing x will try that !

Used to do something similar with frozen bluebs a banana and soya milk

By *lossyLegsGlassesCouple
over a year ago

stafford

Also new research is confirming that very high protein diets are great. Aim for 2g protein per 1kg you weight at a minimum

Thanks for that suggestion. Definitely need protein, maybe cut off crap carbs , and I’m really digging avocado as good fats?

Used to do something similar with frozen bluebs a banana and soya milk "

Wow think everything has been covered but when I want to lose a little I tend to reduce carbs down to 25g daily and increase fats and proteins dramatically, eat lots of fibrous foods and drink lots of water and milk free teas xx

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Used to do something similar with frozen bluebs a banana and soya milk "

“Bad” carbs don’t really exist. Just think of high calorie low volume

Avocado is great but again. It’s high calorie, low volume. Don’t avoid it, but limit it

over a year ago

I make weight management powder (Hion pure living). It's pretty good, tastes like shit though.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"I make weight management powder (Hion pure living). It's pretty good, tastes like shit though."

If it works for you, mate, all good, but what is it designed to do? I personally would be wary of any powders or potions offering to help "weight management". Afraid there's no silver bullet - it's all diet and exercise in my experience (hence my strong empathy with Kylie's love of food!)

over a year ago

"I make weight management powder (Hion pure living). It's pretty good, tastes like shit though.

If it works for you, mate, all good, but what is it designed to do? I personally would be wary of any powders or potions offering to help "weight management". Afraid there's no silver bullet - it's all diet and exercise in my experience (hence my strong empathy with Kylie's love of food!)"

It's scientifically designed to support optimum health and effective weight management, by working with each individual's own energy, digestive and metabolic processes. It is designed to be taken whilst living a healthy lifestyle, along with exercise. Took it from the packet, but I'm guessing there's more information on the website. *I do not work for Hion pure living*.

over a year ago

Anyway…

Is it time to go on a strict diet? Also how do you deal with hunger suppression??? "

If the weight is going ok but your happy with how you look then why worry about the scales? Muscle is heavy, and your fairly active so it’s not that unusual to be hungry

over a year ago

"I have been the same since the beginning of the year.. I'm heavier and bigger despite doing more exercise than ever.. But I'm also eating tonnes of rubbish with some good stuff thrown in

Girl same!!!! "

twins basil twins my tits are bigger

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Are you an unhealthy weight?

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I make weight management powder (Hion pure living). It's pretty good, tastes like shit though.

If it works for you, mate, all good, but what is it designed to do? I personally would be wary of any powders or potions offering to help "weight management". Afraid there's no silver bullet - it's all diet and exercise in my experience (hence my strong empathy with Kylie's love of food!)"

I know many people who were flogging food substitute diets. They all lost weight quickly but couldn't keep it off. One of them is bigger now than before she started using them.

over a year ago

Drink water before food burn it weight off so simple yu take in2000 cals and burn off 1000 where goes the other go my weight is yhe same as when I was 21 no alcohol no junk food plenty of excesise seems the logical answer

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

If it works for you, mate, all good, but what is it designed to do? I personally would be wary of any powders or potions offering to help "weight management". Afraid there's no silver bullet - it's all diet and exercise in my experience (hence my strong empathy with Kylie's love of food!)

It's scientifically designed to support optimum health and effective weight management, by working with each individual's own energy, digestive and metabolic processes. It is designed to be taken whilst living a healthy lifestyle, along with exercise. Took it from the packet, but I'm guessing there's more information on the website. *I do not work for Hion pure living*."

Haha, yeah, don't worry - not about to sue you! Was a genuine question: I just don't really understand what it's supposed to do, but sounds like it claims to speed up your metabolism and therefore you burn calories more quickly. Who knows! I'm a sceptic, but it's always horses for courses

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

It's scientifically designed to support optimum health and effective weight management, by working with each individual's own energy, digestive and metabolic processes. It is designed to be taken whilst living a healthy lifestyle, along with exercise. Took it from the packet, but I'm guessing there's more information on the website. *I do not work for Hion pure living*.

Haha, yeah, don't worry - not about to sue you! Was a genuine question: I just don't really understand what it's supposed to do, but sounds like it claims to speed up your metabolism and therefore you burn calories more quickly. Who knows! I'm a sceptic, but it's always horses for courses "

Normally these weight management powders are either

1. Meal replacement shake

2. Fibre products

A fibre product can help with appetite. And meal replacement shakes work if you use them as directed to aid with a calorie deficit

If it mentioned speeding up your metabolism then ask for a refund!

Post new Message to Thread