Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fury vs Whyte

Jump to newest

By *ornysecretary OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

near loughborough

Did anyone watch the fight on Saturday? Any boxing fans on here? What did you think?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Did anyone watch the fight on Saturday? Any boxing fans on here? What did you think? "

Gypsy king did what he said he'd do

By *hisisntpofMan
over a year ago

bristol

Tyson did his job ,just ripped whyte to bits ,just outboxed him instead of fighting him

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Was there a fight?

over a year ago

Walk in the park for fury. One of his easiest pay days.

over a year ago

near loughborough

Is he the best there has been? And will he retire? Was there and the atmosphere was unbelievable.

By *hisisntpofMan
over a year ago

bristol

I would love him to fight joshua ,but it would be the same result ,hes an awkward man to box

By *hisisntpofMan
over a year ago

bristol

Benn ,eubank era ,what scraps they were

over a year ago

"Is he the best there has been? And will he retire? Was there and the atmosphere was unbelievable. "

Tyson is a good boxer don't get me wrong however not the best there has been, he was just lucky to be in an era where heavyweights aren't all that great. If tyson was boxing with the likes of mike tyson, hollyfield ,foreman or joe louis I don't think he would be as succesful as he is.

It's his height and reach that plays a bit part, if he boxed the way he dis but his structure wasn't the way it is he wouldn't stand a chance.

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Best knock out champ of all time iron Mike

over a year ago

near loughborough

Interesting views. I have not long followed boxing and so don't remember the old great from a before. I just hear what peoe say about the current boxers but like to get other peoples views and also try and understand it more since I now follow it for work. Thank you

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Interesting views. I have not long followed boxing and so don't remember the old great from a before. I just hear what peoe say about the current boxers but like to get other peoples views and also try and understand it more since I now follow it for work. Thank you"

Nothing compares to Mike Tyson he was out of this world .. no mercy killer uppercuts .. only person he said compared to him was his idol mohammed Ali

over a year ago

Fury is a monster, and an intelligent boxer. I think the only way to beat him is to blitz him and try to knock him out, and that's not easy. He's a very hard opponent to beat.

over a year ago

"Is he the best there has been? And will he retire? Was there and the atmosphere was unbelievable.

Tyson is a good boxer don't get me wrong however not the best there has been, he was just lucky to be in an era where heavyweights aren't all that great. If tyson was boxing with the likes of mike tyson, hollyfield ,foreman or joe louis I don't think he would be as succesful as he is.

It's his height and reach that plays a bit part, if he boxed the way he dis but his structure wasn't the way it is he wouldn't stand a chance.

"

What sort of argument is that. His height and structure is part of who he is. He is a great boxer, he's fought everyone who's ben put in front of him, thats all one can do. The only 3 fighters I think that could have beaten him.are Ali, Foreman and Lewis.

over a year ago

"Interesting views. I have not long followed boxing and so don't remember the old great from a before. I just hear what peoe say about the current boxers but like to get other peoples views and also try and understand it more since I now follow it for work. Thank you

Nothing compares to Mike Tyson he was out of this world .. no mercy killer uppercuts .. only person he said compared to him was his idol mohammed Ali"

Mike Tyson was a flat track bully. Whenever someone was not scared of him and took him on, he lost. How many titanic battles did he win, where he got knocked down and got up to win..?

Muhammad Ali and Tyson Fury got knocked down but they have always got up and won in the face of adversary.

It would have been interesting to see how Mike Tyson would have turned out if he didn't lchange management, Gus de Mato had lived longer. But we can only go buy what happened.

over a year ago

"Is he the best there has been? And will he retire? Was there and the atmosphere was unbelievable.

What sort of argument is that. His height and structure is part of who he is. He is a great boxer, he's fought everyone who's ben put in front of him, thats all one can do. The only 3 fighters I think that could have beaten him.are Ali, Foreman and Lewis."

His reach is his main weapon, I'm not saying he is a good boxer however far from the best. What i'm saying is that heavyweight boxing isn't what it used to be , if he was put up against the greats of the 80's he wouldn't have stood a chance, boxing back then was just raw power. I disagree , i could name many who would beat tyson fury.

over a year ago

What sort of argument is that. His height and structure is part of who he is. He is a great boxer, he's fought everyone who's ben put in front of him, thats all one can do. The only 3 fighters I think that could have beaten him.are Ali, Foreman and Lewis.

His reach is his main weapon, I'm not saying he is a good boxer however far from the best. What i'm saying is that heavyweight boxing isn't what it used to be , if he was put up against the greats of the 80's he wouldn't have stood a chance, boxing back then was just raw power. I disagree , i could name many who would beat tyson fury."

The 80s were seen as the darkest decade off boxing before Mike Tyson arrived. He comes along and knocks every one over in a few rounds. So basically all bums.

The only ones he has trouble with are the tall big one, none as big as Fury. So are all the other great boxers of that era you think could know out Fury

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

His fights are generally never that interesting to watch. Can't say I'll miss watching him fight.

over a year ago

"His fights are generally never that interesting to watch. Can't say I'll miss watching him fight. "

Agree, his style is not box office.

over a year ago

His reach is his main weapon, I'm not saying he is a good boxer however far from the best. What i'm saying is that heavyweight boxing isn't what it used to be , if he was put up against the greats of the 80's he wouldn't have stood a chance, boxing back then was just raw power. I disagree , i could name many who would beat tyson fury.

The 80s were seen as the darkest decade off boxing before Mike Tyson arrived. He comes along and knocks every one over in a few rounds. So basically all bums.

The only ones he has trouble with are the tall big one, none as big as Fury. So are all the other great boxers of that era you think could know out Fury "

1. Ali

2.Tyson

3.joe lewis

4.foreman

4.lennox lewis

5.frazier

6.holyfield

7.larry holmes

8. Ernie shavers

9. Frank bruno

Theres 9 boxers i think would beat tyson fury, as i've said he's a good boxer but back in those days boxing was just raw power, money was the last thing to these guys, they stepped in the ring to win and put on a show.

Furys fights are boring compares to the fights back then, i still stick to thw fact that his reach makea it hard for opponents to fight him, because fury lacks speed and power.

over a year ago

He's not unbeatable, just difficult to beat. Most of the guys above would definitely have a chance. But at 6 foot 9 and weighing what he does i don't think you can say he's no power, that uppercut was powerfull, im sure whyte will testify to that. He might not have the nuclear bomb that some do, but ppl said ali had no power either but when he hit you repeatedly you knew all about it. I think he's a very good fighter, and he's proved it.

over a year ago

Oh if he wasn't 6ft 9 or had a long reach, he wouldn't win. But he is and he does

If Mike Tyson wasn't so explosive and had that head movement he wouldn't win....but he did and he won....a lot.

If Ali, wasn't so fast of body and mind he wouldn't have won.....but guess what....he was and he did.

Fury uses his natural tools very very well, he's ring smart, he hits hard, not frightening wilder one hit power. But no mistake he hits hard. (Pretty sure nobody here would willingly go in the ring with him here and try to disprove my theory), his movement is excellent many middleweights would love to move like him and he's unpredictable which I think is his biggest asset, and don't forget that will to win....never underestimate that.

He hasn't fought Joshua, but I can't see that being a problem for him, it'll be tough because Joshua isn't a joke, but I don't think it'll go the distance.

Usyk is tough, skillful and moves well....but fury would smother him and nullify his speed and movement.

The only way I can see fury losing to any of the current and upcoming crop is if he loses his desire to win.

Every time he has a challenge, he rises to it.

He's not box office.....fuck off. The Klitschko fight was stunning, take your pick of the wilder fights for entertainment.

That list that someone posted of heavyweights that he wouldn't beat. The only one I think he would lose to is pre jail peak Mike tyson. Everyone else might be closer than you think. He'd do to Frasier and Forman what Ali did. He'd struggle against Lewis (never seems to get the recognition as a great which I think he deserves), but he could do it.

Is fury beatable, of course he is. He leaves himself open all the time. Give it long enough he'll lose. You can't beat time. But I really hope he does quit he has nothing left to prove, let him get out with his faculties and enjoy his family.

over a year ago

"Oh if he wasn't 6ft 9 or had a long reach, he wouldn't win. But he is and he does

If Mike Tyson wasn't so explosive and had that head movement he wouldn't win....but he did and he won....a lot.

If Ali, wasn't so fast of body and mind he wouldn't have won.....but guess what....he was and he did.

Fury uses his natural tools very very well, he's ring smart, he hits hard, not frightening wilder one hit power. But no mistake he hits hard. (Pretty sure nobody here would willingly go in the ring with him here and try to disprove my theory), his movement is excellent many middleweights would love to move like him and he's unpredictable which I think is his biggest asset, and don't forget that will to win....never underestimate that.

He hasn't fought Joshua, but I can't see that being a problem for him, it'll be tough because Joshua isn't a joke, but I don't think it'll go the distance.

Usyk is tough, skillful and moves well....but fury would smother him and nullify his speed and movement.

The only way I can see fury losing to any of the current and upcoming crop is if he loses his desire to win.

He's not box office.....fuck off. The Klitschko fight was stunning, take your pick of the wilder fights for entertainment.

That list that someone posted of heavyweights that he wouldn't beat. The only one I think he would lose to is pre jail peak Mike tyson. Everyone else might be closer than you think. He'd do to Frasier and Forman what Ali did. He'd struggle against Lewis (never seems to get the recognition as a great which I think he deserves), but he could do it.

Is fury beatable, of course he is. He leaves himself open all the time. Give it long enough he'll lose. You can't beat time. But I really hope he does quit he has nothing left to prove, let him get out with his faculties and enjoy his family."

Completely agree with your comment; the only boxer of the last 40+ years who would have stood a chance of beating him would be a young Mike Tyson.

over a year ago

"Oh if he wasn't 6ft 9 or had a long reach, he wouldn't win. But he is and he does

Is fury beatable, of course he is. He leaves himself open all the time. Give it long enough he'll lose. You can't beat time. But I really hope he does quit he has nothing left to prove, let him get out with his faculties and enjoy his family."

I miss worded my reply. I actually meant to say his awkward style is not appealing to many people.

Regarding Mike Tyson, I feel the myth is a bit greater than he was. He was great when he came onto the scene. But he was toppling over a lot guys who were like Bambi caught in the headlights.

Someone tall, who had the courage to stand upto him and had technical ability caused him a lot of problem.

His loss to James Buster Douglas is perfect example of what Ali, Lewis and Fury would have done to him.

I believe a great boxer is judged by courage in the face of adversary and able to get up from a knockdown and prevail. Ali fought 10 rounds with a broken jaw against one the hardest punchers in the 70s Ken Norton. Fury to get up from Wilders punch near the end of the first fight, unbelievable. Tyson lost most of the fights where he was in a battle and in trouble.

Tyson may have been affected by jail or lifestyle. But his losses to Hollyfield who outfought him and Lewis who completely outclassed him, are for me proof he was not the greatest. Remember we never saw the greatest of Ali. His ban at the peak of his power was a tragedy. He was still a great in the 70s but before his ban he was unbelievable.

I also think also Tyson's high energy, explosive style (perfect for a late teen, early 20s boxer) could not have carried onto later in his career as he aged and slowed, regardless of the other factors.

I feel Tyson Fury suffers from shapism probably not a word I know, but the fact he look like a 6 foot 9 Homer Simpson makes people want to question his stature and ability.

Finally anyone who has Frank Bruno in a top ten list of great boxers, really..?

over a year ago

Is fury beatable, of course he is. He leaves himself open all the time. Give it long enough he'll lose. You can't beat time. But I really hope he does quit he has nothing left to prove, let him get out with his faculties and enjoy his family.

I miss worded my reply. I actually meant to say his awkward style is not appealing to many people.

Regarding Mike Tyson, I feel the myth is a bit greater than he was. He was great when he came onto the scene. But he was toppling over a lot guys who were like Bambi caught in the headlights.

Someone tall, who had the courage to stand upto him and had technical ability caused him a lot of problem.

His loss to James Buster Douglas is perfect example of what Ali, Lewis and Fury would have done to him.

I believe a great boxer is judged by courage in the face of adversary and able to get up from a knockdown and prevail. Ali fought 10 rounds with a broken jaw against one the hardest punchers in the 70s Ken Norton. Fury to get up from Wilders punch near the end of the first fight, unbelievable. Tyson lost most of the fights where he was in a battle and in trouble.

Tyson may have been affected by jail or lifestyle. But his losses to Hollyfield who outfought him and Lewis who completely outclassed him, are for me proof he was not the greatest. Remember we never saw the greatest of Ali. His ban at the peak of his power was a tragedy. He was still a great in the 70s but before his ban he was unbelievable.

I also think also Tyson's high energy, explosive style (perfect for a late teen, early 20s boxer) could not have carried onto later in his career as he aged and slowed, regardless of the other factors.

I feel Tyson Fury suffers from shapism probably not a word I know, but the fact he look like a 6 foot 9 Homer Simpson makes people want to question his stature and ability.

"

We all have different opinions, I'm guessing you're a bif fan of fury and as i've said before ges a good boxer however he's not the best. Mike tyson I agree wasn't the best but i still believe in his prime would've beat tyson fury.

Fury's fighting style just bores me, if he was to fight a boxer of the same size but fast and powerful he'd lose.

What great boxer has tyson fury actually fought?

By *rilogyMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

Fury is the best now but its easily the weakest era for heavyweight boxing. Plus he needs to fight Usak or Joshua to.

over a year ago

We all have different opinions, I'm guessing you're a bif fan of fury and as i've said before ges a good boxer however he's not the best. Mike tyson I agree wasn't the best but i still believe in his prime would've beat tyson fury.

Fury's fighting style just bores me, if he was to fight a boxer of the same size but fast and powerful he'd lose.

What great boxer has tyson fury actually fought?"

Am not a fan of Fury, I also don't like his style. But I admire his courage in his personal life fighting depression. His courage in the ring, gets up of the floor repeatedly to overcome his opponents. Something Mike Tyson never did, remember he was outfought and outbattled twice by Evangel Hollyfield, who remember was a puffed up cruiserweight. Ended up having to bite his ear to avoid another defeat.

I used to be a Mike Tyson fan but like I said he never lived up to his original hype.

Agree with you that Fury's main asset is his height and reach. But his speed, power, defensive ability is underestimated. Mainly because of his non aesthetic appearance.

The only great fighter he's beat is probably Klitschko, in Klitschkos back yard. Also a more peak Klitschko than the one Joshua beat.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Interesting views. I have not long followed boxing and so don't remember the old great from a before. I just hear what peoe say about the current boxers but like to get other peoples views and also try and understand it more since I now follow it for work. Thank you

Nothing compares to Mike Tyson he was out of this world .. no mercy killer uppercuts .. only person he said compared to him was his idol mohammed Ali"

Tyson was good he really had the appetite. But most his wins are not big hitters. Frank Bruno was one of the first to actually hit him properly and he felt it

over a year ago

What great boxer has tyson fury actually fought?

Am not a fan of Fury, I also don't like his style. But I admire his courage in his personal life fighting depression. His courage in the ring, gets up of the floor repeatedly to overcome his opponents. Something Mike Tyson never did, remember he was outfought and outbattled twice by Evangel Hollyfield, who remember was a puffed up cruiserweight. Ended up having to bite his ear to avoid another defeat.

I used to be a Mike Tyson fan but like I said he never lived up to his original hype.

Agree with you that Fury's main asset is his height and reach. But his speed, power, defensive ability is underestimated. Mainly because of his non aesthetic appearance.

The only great fighter he's beat is probably Klitschko, in Klitschkos back yard. Also a more peak Klitschko than the one Joshua beat."

I agree , his come back and fight against depression I admire and glad for him, I'm saying his boxing , I feel he's not really been put up against any challenge yet, apart from klitscho he's not fought any big names really.

Yes , mike tyson would've been one of the best if he hadn't gone off the rails a bit.

My personal favourite boxer is rocky marciano, he had no style but was a bull in the ring. Even Ali said he wasn't sure if he'd beat him in his prime.

over a year ago

Tyson was just too good for Dillion. Dillion went out on the offensive, constantly and Tyson was on the ropes. But Tyson was in control. You knew the result was either a win or knock out for Tyson. It was only a matter of time. I gave it 7th round. Tyson knocked Dillion out in the 6th.

Post new Message to Thread