Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Visitor to your hotel room

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are there any hotel chains that seem to be ok with you bringing a guest up to your hotel room during the day/evening?

A few we have stayed at seem to have a security guard on the door later in the evening and check names when you come in.

X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ersiantugMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Was that a covid thing perhaps?

The bigger chains all seem ok to me.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Depends where you are some are fine others with rowdy types using them check the ID

over a year ago

I thought you were allowed a guest

The only time I’ve known security at the door was when I stayed in Manchester the other week and they only asked for one of our names…

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

I never stayed anywhere where they did that from the run of the mill to the very upmarket ones. Do hotels really ask for names at the door?

over a year ago

"I thought you were allowed a guest

The only time I’ve known security at the door was when I stayed in Manchester the other week and they only asked for one of our names…

"

We stayed at clayton in Leeds and when we came back on both occasions and they had a list of the guest name for the room and asked as we came in and it said how many people they had booked in to the room as well

over a year ago

"Was that a covid thing perhaps?

The bigger chains all seem ok to me."

Not sure as it happened twice at the end of last year x

over a year ago

"I never stayed anywhere where they did that from the run of the mill to the very upmarket ones. Do hotels really ask for names at the door?"

It's so bizarre. Well clayton did, they asked the booking name and it had how many people were staying in the room aswell.

By *wales_hotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff ish

I think things were harder during the pandemic. We spoke to one reception when expecting a visitor early evening and they were fine with “the old uni mate” popping in as long as he signed the register. We’ve also done the brazen walk in, give them the “you know why there are three of us so no need to ask” smile and just wandered off to our room

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I think things were harder during the pandemic. We spoke to one reception when expecting a visitor early evening and they were fine with “the old uni mate” popping in as long as he signed the register. We’ve also done the brazen walk in, give them the “you know why there are three of us so no need to ask” smile and just wandered off to our room "

Lol, might not have worked with six

over a year ago

We stayed at clayton in Leeds and when we came back on both occasions and they had a list of the guest name for the room and asked as we came in and it said how many people they had booked in to the room as well "

Oh that’s rubbish then for you

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

We have never been asked anything about who is going to the room, in any hotel. Check in only ever asks for one name (even when both of us are there) and we've never seen security on a hotel stop and ask anything. We've had to use a room card to gain access after a certain time, but the majority of the time, there's no-one actively monitoring reception at those times. You'd have to ring a bell if you WANTED reception.

over a year ago

We stayed at clayton in Leeds and when we came back on both occasions and they had a list of the guest name for the room and asked as we came in and it said how many people they had booked in to the room as well

Oh that’s rubbish then for you

"

I know. Hopefully it might be better next time, sounds like it's not the normal thing to happen. X

over a year ago

"I think things were harder during the pandemic. We spoke to one reception when expecting a visitor early evening and they were fine with “the old uni mate” popping in as long as he signed the register. We’ve also done the brazen walk in, give them the “you know why there are three of us so no need to ask” smile and just wandered off to our room "

Hopefully because all restrictions have been listed things will be different now. I might give them a ring before booking and just double check re "a uni friend" visiting.

over a year ago

"We have never been asked anything about who is going to the room, in any hotel. Check in only ever asks for one name (even when both of us are there) and we've never seen security on a hotel stop and ask anything. We've had to use a room card to gain access after a certain time, but the majority of the time, there's no-one actively monitoring reception at those times. You'd have to ring a bell if you WANTED reception. "

Maybe it was because of the pandemic. But I can remember from my naughty single days going back to hotels having security on the doors. Don't want it to ruin any possible fun lol x

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"We have never been asked anything about who is going to the room, in any hotel. Check in only ever asks for one name (even when both of us are there) and we've never seen security on a hotel stop and ask anything. We've had to use a room card to gain access after a certain time, but the majority of the time, there's no-one actively monitoring reception at those times. You'd have to ring a bell if you WANTED reception.

Maybe it was because of the pandemic. But I can remember from my naughty single days going back to hotels having security on the doors. Don't want it to ruin any possible fun lol x"

We've stayed in quite a few hotels (when permitted) during the pandemic and yes, we had to fill in Track & Trace upon arrival but otherwise, we were still never asked anything after that, no security double checking etc. We stayed in Birmingham in October 2020 (legitimately) and the only interaction with security was them getting the disability access ramp out for me...

over a year ago

"We have never been asked anything about who is going to the room, in any hotel. Check in only ever asks for one name (even when both of us are there) and we've never seen security on a hotel stop and ask anything. We've had to use a room card to gain access after a certain time, but the majority of the time, there's no-one actively monitoring reception at those times. You'd have to ring a bell if you WANTED reception.

Maybe it was because of the pandemic. But I can remember from my naughty single days going back to hotels having security on the doors. Don't want it to ruin any possible fun lol x

We've stayed in quite a few hotels (when permitted) during the pandemic and yes, we had to fill in Track & Trace upon arrival but otherwise, we were still never asked anything after that, no security double checking etc. We stayed in Birmingham in October 2020 (legitimately) and the only interaction with security was them getting the disability access ramp out for me..."

Hmm maybe it was the certain chain we were staying at or something. We haven't really come across it before in the last few years so did find it odd. I've tried googling it but can't get a definite answer.

Clayton always seemed to have someone at the reception desk at any time we went in. Even 3 in the morning because we asked if room service was still on.

By *ersiantugMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

I suppose one or two chains might have a rather Fawlty view of our kind of thing, if they want their clientele to be a certain type perhaps.

Post new Message to Thread