Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

fireworks

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

having a family firework night this weekend and bought a 150 shot display firework to go with the usual standard kind of boxes. but on reading the instructions it says be at least 40 metres away from this thing when it goes off.now im a pretty portly kind of chap so ive no chance of this after ive lit the fuse.Anyone have usain bolts number

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've got really....really long match!

By *iker BullMan
over a year ago

leeds

"I've got really....really long match! "
pmsl,,,or a fast runner

over a year ago

40 metres?!....seriously?.....40 metres!

Usually those warnings are health and safety overkill. 40 feet maybe.

over a year ago

yup deffinately says 40 metres.im lighting it tonight so if im not here tomorrow id like to thank all the forumites ive chatted to and had good fun banter with,"it's been emotional"

over a year ago

"yup deffinately says 40 metres.im lighting it tonight so if im not here tomorrow id like to thank all the forumites ive chatted to and had good fun banter with,"it's been emotional" "

thought of a plan................ get someone else to light em whilst u stand back and quiver lol

over a year ago

"yup deffinately says 40 metres.im lighting it tonight so if im not here tomorrow id like to thank all the forumites ive chatted to and had good fun banter with,"it's been emotional"

thought of a plan................ get someone else to light em whilst u stand back and quiver lol "

over a year ago

Fireworks scare me Was going to the shop last night when a really loud one went off , i screamed ... I actually thought ide been shot

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I'll get ma telescope out

over a year ago

i hate the bloody things too but when my 9YRold stares with the puppy dog eyes and says daddy can we have a fireworks party, what can you do lol

over a year ago

"I'll get ma telescope out "
no need to richard, for £40 im hoping you can see the fecker from space

over a year ago

get the Mrs to do it

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"yup deffinately says 40 metres.im lighting it tonight so if im not here tomorrow id like to thank all the forumites ive chatted to and had good fun banter with,"it's been emotional" "

Aww I hope you survive to watch Newcastle lose tomorrow....

over a year ago

love fireworks but too much of a wimp to light them,, need a man for that lol

over a year ago

"get the Mrs to do it"
im not even gonna give Ali a sparkler never mind let her light a firework

over a year ago

I am taking the kids to the Lions or Rotary display on Monday night ....... I love em

over a year ago

Love fireworks!

We usually get a load of the display ones and have more fun than the kids letting them off

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

[Removed by poster at 03/11/12 11:57:27]

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Do you get a free Catherine Wheel & a Sparkler

over a year ago

I helped with my school's firework display once.

The teachers would do the lighting up and I would walk behind them with a bucket of sand and fire extinguisher in case anything goes wrong.

Great fun!

I love fireworks, as I find the sight and sound very romantic. And I love the smell of gunpowder!

Can't be arsed to attend a local display on my own though, as it involves a 4-mile round trip on foot!

over a year ago

" having a family firework night this weekend and bought a 150 shot display firework to go with the usual standard kind of boxes. but on reading the instructions it says be at least 40 metres away from this thing when it goes off.now im a pretty portly kind of chap so ive no chance of this after ive lit the fuse.Anyone have usain bolts number "

Where did you buy a firework that has a safe minimal difference of 40 meters?

Have you been shopping at the Ex Army & Navy store?

By *coobyroo218Couple
over a year ago

Guernsey

Got three boxes of fireworks and 5 packets of sparklers for monday evening.

Off out tonight to a local display with the camera.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I hate fireworks nearly as much as my woofer does......

over a year ago

amazed that its still possible to buy fireworks with out any training, they are bombs!

there are plenty of public displays for those that want to see them.

and as a dog owner, you wouldnt believe the distress your little fizz in the garden does to our pets.

leave it to the pros.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"amazed that its still possible to buy fireworks with out any training, they are bombs!

and as a dog owner, you wouldnt believe the distress your little fizz in the garden does to our pets.

leave it to the pros.

"

My dog got himself into such a tizz last night he slept with me all night and wouldnt eat his breakfast...he threw up as soon as i let him out this morning....ive never seen a dog get so distressed.

over a year ago

Dig it into the ground ,equip yourself with a tin hat and flak jacket, then ask the mother in law to light it

over a year ago

I have dogs so don't really like them but my young niece and nephew love them so think there worth it to see smiles on kiddies faces! Just hate it wen chavs let them off near shops not fair on people

over a year ago

"amazed that its still possible to buy fireworks with out any training, they are bombs!

leave it to the pros.

My dog got himself into such a tizz last night he slept with me all night and wouldnt eat his breakfast...he threw up as soon as i let him out this morning....ive never seen a dog get so distressed."

any other noise polution wouldnt be alowed, why do we continue to let people upset their neighbours and lets not forget how many people are hurt every year!

over a year ago

leave it to the pros.

"

we have 2 westies ourselves ,the noise dosnt bother them at all , but do understand how it affects most cats and dogs

over a year ago

Im taking the kids to Alton Towers for the fire works tomorrow

its my daughters birthday on the 5th so we going for her birthday

over a year ago

Reminds me off the Mr Bean sketch with the tin of paint lol

over a year ago

leave it to the pros.

we have 2 westies ourselves ,the noise dosnt bother them at all , but do understand how it affects most cats and dogs"

they dont bother my dog at all

infact he tries to chase the rockets, i dont think he realises he cant fly lol

over a year ago

"Im taking the kids to Alton Towers for the fire works tomorrow

its my daughters birthday on the 5th so we going for her birthday "

thats great the big public displays are great,

over a year ago

Stand well back and light it with a flame thrower.

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for harm or damage caused by trying this.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

They have just started to go off here. Callum has gone to twin lakes to see them

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

They have just started to go off here. Callum has gone to twin lakes to see them

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/11/12 16:31:30]

By *coobyroo218Couple
over a year ago

Guernsey

Hoping the weather keeps off from raining as off to a display tonight.

There are many many ways of keeping pets calm during this time of year and the profits that are made from selling fireworks means they will still be on sale for along time yet.(hoping as i love them)

They are not a new thing suddenly brought in to make everyone's life a misery, so follow the rules and they are safe, as as for them being "bombs" jesus get a grip.

over a year ago

" having a family firework night this weekend and bought a 150 shot display firework to go with the usual standard kind of boxes. but on reading the instructions it says be at least 40 metres away from this thing when it goes off.now im a pretty portly kind of chap so ive no chance of this after ive lit the fuse.Anyone have usain bolts number "

Put roller skates on , light blue touch paper and go like the clapers lol

over a year ago

"Hoping the weather keeps off from raining as off to a display tonight.

There are many many ways of keeping pets calm during this time of year and the profits that are made from selling fireworks means they will still be on sale for along time yet.(hoping as i love them)

They are not a new thing suddenly brought in to make everyone's life a misery, so follow the rules and they are safe, as as for them being "bombs" jesus get a grip.

"

They're not a new thing, no, but them going of frequently for a period of 3 months or more is a relatively new phenomenon and is a selfish disruption of many people's lives.

One or two nights per year to celebrate Guy Fawkes, with an occasional display for other, major celebrations should be sufficient.

Some pets are absolutely terrified and cannot be calmed, no matter what. And how can pet owners take the necessary steps to keep their pets safe and calm when any idiot can, and will, start letting off fireworks whenever they feel like it, from any time between October and January?

I'm something of a pyromaniac and I love fireworks. BUT they are dangerous and should be used responsibly and with consideration.

over a year ago

They're not a new thing, no, but them going of frequently for a period of 3 months or more is a relatively new phenomenon and is a selfish disruption of many people's lives.

One or two nights per year to celebrate Guy Fawkes, with an occasional display for other, major celebrations should be sufficient.

Some pets are absolutely terrified and cannot be calmed, no matter what. And how can pet owners take the necessary steps to keep their pets safe and calm when any idiot can, and will, start letting off fireworks whenever they feel like it, from any time between October and January?

I'm something of a pyromaniac and I love fireworks. BUT they are dangerous and should be used responsibly and with consideration."

says the lady who wants me to light mine with a flame thrower

By *coobyroo218Couple
over a year ago

Guernsey

I'm something of a pyromaniac and I love fireworks. BUT they are dangerous and should be used responsibly and with consideration."

I totally agree with the timings they go off, I have said for a long time and on may forums not just this one that they should only be sold at certain times, week to 2 weeks before.

here in Guernsey they are only sold 1-2 weeks before and Never after, so that limits the times they can be set off, also if caught doing it without a license you are in court and fined heavily.

Weddings are another good one for the celebration but the hotel has to apply for a license to have the display.

over a year ago

I'm something of a pyromaniac and I love fireworks. BUT they are dangerous and should be used responsibly and with consideration.says the lady who wants me to light mine with a flame thrower "

That was the pyromaniac talking!

over a year ago

Get a grip!! Try a visit to a&e tonight and see what untrained people can do with a firework. And there are lots of things you can do to help dogs problem is some dogs. Mine included these things dont work. Its so selfish to assume everyone else likes what you are doing. My dog is now scared because its getting dark so in his mind fireworks wil soon happen. I dont force unsoiciable activities on others. Why should i have them forced on me.

Your attitude is shocking. Typical of modern culture "im having fun so fuck everyone else"

"

over a year ago

I'm something of a pyromaniac and I love fireworks. BUT they are dangerous and should be used responsibly and with consideration.says the lady who wants me to light mine with a flame thrower

That was the pyromaniac talking! "

over a year ago

Get a grip!! Try a visit to a&e tonight and see what untrained people can do with a firework. And there are lots of things you can do to help dogs problem is some dogs. Mine included these things dont work. Its so selfish to assume everyone else likes what you are doing. My dog is now scared because its getting dark so in his mind fireworks wil soon happen. I dont force unsoiciable activities on others. Why should i have them forced on me.

Your attitude is shocking. Typical of modern culture "im having fun so fuck everyone else"

"

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I love fireworks, especially when done to music. If ever I get married I want a huge firework display

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"

Conversely it seems that just because some people don't have fun on firework night it seems that no one should enjoy it??

Now.....most displays, private or public, have more than one person at right? So it's a social event then right? How can it be called an unsociable activity then?

To me an untouchable activity is where someone goes out to deliberately annoy people. I doubt very much that the majority of display organisers do it to miss the pet owners of the country off

over a year ago

I love to watch the local fireworks display on my own from a distance, and have a good cry! I tend not to want to join in the celebrations any more, It's a sad time for me as my mum passed away on 5th November

By *coobyroo218Couple
over a year ago

Guernsey

"I love to watch the local fireworks display on my own from a distance, and have a good cry! I tend not to want to join in the celebrations any more, It's a sad time for me as my mum passed away on 5th November "

Sorry to hear about your mum, but why not look at them as a celebration of her life, bright, colorful, and bring joy to many.

By *coobyroo218Couple
over a year ago

Guernsey

"

If I went down to A&E I would probably see a lot f people that had misused the fireworks or not followed the rules.

As for my attitude i am doing what i and millions of others have done for many many years, and that is to make November 5th an enjoyable fun filled evening with my family.

if spending time with my family is your idea of a bad fuck you attitude then I am sorry but I guess you have me all wrong, you do not know me you do not know where or how i have fun with my family so please do not judge me, and tell me I have a bad fuck you attitude.

over a year ago

Right everyone wish me luck ,its time to light the Big one

over a year ago

IM ALIVE,but wow that was a pretty damn impressive firework if i do say so myself,kids are happy so job done

over a year ago

"IM ALIVE,but wow that was a pretty damn impressive firework if i do say so myself,kids are happy so job done "

over a year ago

i dont know why it said to be 40 metres away though it was superb lasted about 8 minutes with lots of variation in colours and display

over a year ago

If I went down to A&E I would probably see a lot f people that had misused the fireworks or not followed the rules.

As for my attitude i am doing what i and millions of others have done for many many years, and that is to make November 5th an enjoyable fun filled evening with my family.

if spending time with my family is your idea of a bad fuck you attitude then I am sorry but I guess you have me all wrong, you do not know me you do not know where or how i have fun with my family so please do not judge me, and tell me I have a bad fuck you attitude.So you would be happy if i played my stereo all night?

"

over a year ago

"i dont know why it said to be 40 metres away though it was superb lasted about 8 minutes with lots of variation in colours and display "
nice one where did you get it from

over a year ago

costco,it was called cosmic chaos

over a year ago

got one of them Ali but not lighting ours till monday

over a year ago

"costco,it was called cosmic chaos "

u'd better post immediately after the fireworks have finished else we will all be worrying whether they whooooshed u away with them ............

over a year ago

BEn will love it hunny xx

over a year ago

"costco,it was called cosmic chaos

u'd better post immediately after the fireworks have finished else we will all be worrying whether they whooooshed u away with them ............ "

All done and dusted minxy it was great fun

Post new Message to Thread