Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cheers

Jump to newest

By *partharmony OP   Couple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I used to love this comedy. It started when I was a kid and finished when I was at university.

It's all available on Channel 4 currently and I've started watching it having not seen it for decades.

Some things don't stand the test of time. Some things are just not as funny as you remember them from many years ago. That's not the case here. I'm really enjoying it and laughing a lot. It surprises me that I liked it so much when I was young because a lot of the subjects are quite adult and I doubt I understood them.

Who here likes Cheers?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It's a classic and I can't say anything negative about it if it's being judged in context.

I agree though that much of it doesn't stand the test of time.

The characters of Diane and Thingy ( Ted Danson ) are too far removed from reality now.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Love Cheers and have the Frasier box set

By *iBBW and hubbyCouple
over a year ago

oxford

I do but Boo doesn’t, so only rarely see it. I love how it spawned other TV shows and some of the characters continued after cheers ended.

Also, very sadly, I love the theme tune lol

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Also ....... making fun of 'stupid' people like Coach and Woody is no longer acceptable.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I've still not seen it. I love Frasier and always said I'd get around to watching Cheers but just haven't got to it. Is it on 4OD?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I've still not seen it. I love Frasier and always said I'd get around to watching Cheers but just haven't got to it. Is it on 4OD?"

That's a bra size in my world

By *partharmony OP   Couple
over a year ago

Ruislip

"I've still not seen it. I love Frasier and always said I'd get around to watching Cheers but just haven't got to it. Is it on 4OD?"

It's the standard C4 streaming service. I think that's 4OD but I don't know without checking.

Post new Message to Thread