Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

New job

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I just got a job offer yesterday over email. I should get paperwork this week, so can’t quit until it’s signed. But I’ve instantly gone right off my old job and took a few days holiday. Hopefully I won’t have to work all of my 3(!) months notice…. Anyone else changed jobs post lockdowns? Not sure to be terrified or excited as I absolutely didn’t *need* a new one…

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Is your new job wfh, or in the office?

Hardest thing if its a lot of wfh is integrating with your new teams.

You have to pit yourself out there and really make an effort to integrate yourself.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good luck. I've had 6 different jobs since the beginning of the pandemic.

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Congratulations OP.

I'm still in the same position but moved location. Hopefully going to take my career down another path this yearx

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Good luck DM

over a year ago

I changed my job last year.

Took a big pay cut

I had personal and professional reasons for doing so, and so far it was the right decision and will enable me to get to where I want to be work wise.

Good luck with your new job

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

[Removed by poster at 21/04/22 10:56:29]

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

That's great news OP. I haven't changed my job in 16ish years now.

If I do change it again it will be working in the garden and maybe picking little people up from school, but only after a package.

I've worked more than enough years.

over a year ago

"Is your new job wfh, or in the office?

Hardest thing if its a lot of wfh is integrating with your new teams.

You have to pit yourself out there and really make an effort to integrate yourself."

It’s fully remote if I choose, but closer than my existing one if I go in. I’ll front load with some office time at the start before tapering away

over a year ago

"I changed my job last year.

Took a big pay cut

I had personal and professional reasons for doing so, and so far it was the right decision and will enable me to get to where I want to be work wise.

Good luck with your new job "

Thank you, and good luck with yours. Must admit, a key reason for me moving is I don’t like the industry I’m in, the job and my employer are pretty good, they just do shitty things…

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
over a year ago

Markfield

Congrats! Hopefully current employer will put you on gardening leave

By *ake-Me-FeelWoman
over a year ago

Sussex

Congratulations OP.

I'm starting a new job next week, just waiting on HR to finalise it.

I've been out of work for nearly a year (although I had my own little business to keep me going a bit)

It's daunting but I'm so excited to be getting back to an industry I am passionate about.

Good luck

over a year ago

Congratulations OP

Yes I am about to leave my current job after 24 years. My official last day is tomorrow but I have been off work for last 3 weeks recovering from an op.

My IT kit will be collected from my house at midday tomorrow and my security passes will be returned too.

I am waiting deliver my new IT kit and iPhone etc, which I hope arrives in time for Monday's start date.

I very quickly detached myself from my job, it felt strange in a way and I had mixed emotions of feeling guilty for looking forward to leaving and starting a new adventure when my team and my friends were staying put.

The weeks will go by quite slowly for you as they did for me until the last month and then you are preparing handovers, sorting out loose ends, new job contract stuff, leaving existing job HR and annual leave stuff etc etc

I do wish you all the very best of happiness in your new job, I am going to pinch some of that happiness for myself too

NBVN x

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

I have, and I had a 90 day notice as well. It can be negotiated down to 30 days (as I had done).

Hope you have lots of holiday as well, take it all and have a month to yourself off. it pays dividends to your mental health and well-being.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Congrats OP. I started a new job last July, I'm pretty happy with it

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I started my current job last March.

I can't lie, it's been tough starting the job remotely and I'm longing to get a routine of a day or two per week in the office, but most of my team also started during one lockdown or another so it's been good that I haven't been alone in my frustrations.

Good luck OP, I'm sure it'll be a great move for you!

Post new Message to Thread