Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hopeless romantic

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else here is secretly an hopeless romantic?

I mean, you may think.. what? Kylie?? …

Really?

Errr, YES! This bitch right here

I go into stages of just day dreaming about love and being in love. If I like someone, I rarely follow my head and let my emotions lead me. (In good and bad as I’ve ignored red flags when in too deep)

I mean, I am such a softie ….what I really really want, is a guy who’s proud to hold my hand when outside and be proud of me

Am I ever gonna find him?

Now, I always said I have my doubts on monogamy and I still believe that (I think relationships have a time frame), but I do love that magic you experience with some people every now and then! X

Who else is an hopeless romantic? X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Nah, romance is for saps and optimists

over a year ago

"Nah, romance is for saps and optimists"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Totally ... if its right then why not romance hopelessly

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Some of the captions on your pics make me think romance is dead

Maybe it isn’t

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/04/22 19:07:17]

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I don't know if romantic love really exists. And I only realised that post kids. Because I have these two little humans who I couldn't love more if I tried. And that has altered my view of what love is. That's all babble and I apologise

over a year ago

I seem to have become one aka a sap yes im supposed to be aaaard but the last few years events have changed my nature grrrr

over a year ago

"Some of the captions on your pics make me think romance is dead

Maybe it isn’t "

that was a long time ago… I was in my slut phase back then . Which I think I’ve grown out of

Im a reformed slut now

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

I like the idea of "old fashioned" period romance. I can be Mr Darcy or Lord Byron when the mood takes me!

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Aw Kylie. I love a bit of romance I do . Just the romance though. I don’t want the love stuff. I believe you can have one without the other.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's not for me at all. Sorry

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

No I grew out of that, it's all great for a short time but then they usually change and the magic slowly fades away.

I'd rather never have sex again than give all my heart and trust to someone.

over a year ago

"I seem to have become one aka a sap yes im supposed to be aaaard but the last few years events have changed my nature grrrr"
infact scratch that i think daydreamer is more accurate than romantic

over a year ago

I can. I was sometimes.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"No I grew out of that, it's all great for a short time but then they usually change and the magic slowly fades away.

I'd rather never have sex again than give all my heart and trust to someone. "

You don’t have to give everything to someone to be romantic x

over a year ago

"Aw Kylie. I love a bit of romance I do . Just the romance though. I don’t want the love stuff. I believe you can have one without the other. "

I do love the romance!!!! X do you really think you can have the two separate?

over a year ago

"No I grew out of that, it's all great for a short time but then they usually change and the magic slowly fades away.

I'd rather never have sex again than give all my heart and trust to someone. "

That magic, if somebody could bottle it up. Omg I’d be on that shit and shoot it up my arm right away ….

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I can be. Although some of the things I’ve done in the name of romance still make me cringe deep inside.

I once left a cassette with a love song on it, on the pillow of a guy I was fwb with, telling him it summed up how I felt about him…… never saw him again!

C R I N G E

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Aw Kylie. I love a bit of romance I do . Just the romance though. I don’t want the love stuff. I believe you can have one without the other.

I do love the romance!!!! X do you really think you can have the two separate? "

Yeah. Although depends how you define it. I’m gonna go look at the proper definition

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Aw Kylie. I love a bit of romance I do . Just the romance though. I don’t want the love stuff. I believe you can have one without the other.

I do love the romance!!!! X do you really think you can have the two separate?

Yeah. Although depends how you define it. I’m gonna go look at the proper definition "

Hmmmm. Not sure. I think I mean I like someone who is romantic. Not as in “a romance”.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Yep. I'm a soft mare once you get past my walls - love romance. Love that feeling of falling in love, wish I could bottle the magic. I think romance is a wonderful thing. All positive emotions are and I'm enjoying embracing them in the cliched millennial poly way.

over a year ago

"I can be. Although some of the things I’ve done in the name of romance still make me cringe deep inside.

I once left a cassette with a love song on it, on the pillow of a guy I was fwb with, telling him it summed up how I felt about him…… never saw him again!

C R I N G E

"

me!!! I did the same to a school crush during secret valentines. And did a CD and sent it along with a note, with all the tunes that made me think of me and him.

C R I N G E

over a year ago

Always a romantic. Always will be

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

"Anyone else here is secretly an hopeless romantic?

Really?

I go into stages of just day dreaming about love and being in love. If I like someone, I rarely follow my head and let my emotions lead me. (In good and bad as I’ve ignored red flags when in too deep)

I mean, I am such a softie ….what I really really want, is a guy who’s proud to hold my hand when outside and be proud of me

Now, I always said I have my doubts on monogamy and I still believe that (I think relationships have a time frame), but I do love that magic you experience with some people every now and then! X

Who else is an hopeless romantic? X "

Just when I think you couldn’t be more adorable…boom there you go

I love romance. I’m very shit at sorting my own romance out but I have bought several non fab friends together who are now couples or married.

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Really?

Kylie, you've done it again

Some folk think you can't possibly have romantical thoughts being on a dating or a swinging site but that ain't the case here

I mean, a kick-ass sex life would be awesome too, just sayin'

By *cotty1376Man
over a year ago

PRESTON

i think romance will never die, as you say " someone that is proud to hold your hand while walking through town etc " , wining and dining, date nights, flower petals waiting on the floor leading to a candle lit bath etc, it's all about meeting the right person that has the same thought process as you

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

"what I really really want, is a guy who’s proud to hold my hand when outside and be proud of me

Am I ever gonna find him? "

Check with all the guys you friend zoned...he might be one of them

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

You don’t have to give everything to someone to be romantic x"

I know that, I'm romantic but I'm not looking to give my heart away to anyone. Hopeless romantics want relationships

By *asty tatsyMan
over a year ago

london

I’m hopeless alright

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

That magic, if somebody could bottle it up. Omg I’d be on that shit and shoot it up my arm right away …. "

I was convinced you were going to say up your bum

over a year ago

Hmm, another question to mull over from you, Kylie! I am not a romantic person. Or a softy. But I do believe in romantic love - a meeting of souls. Well that's what it felt like to me. I don't need the hearts and flowers and chocolates stuff.

By *eviant KnightMan
over a year ago

Norton

I do believe i am a romantic, but also believe in the swinging lifestyle and I'm not sure how many ladies,(outside fab included) believe in this combination too

Does this sound like the dream situation to anyone else?

over a year ago

"Hmm, another question to mull over from you, Kylie! I am not a romantic person. Or a softy. But I do believe in romantic love - a meeting of souls. Well that's what it felt like to me. I don't need the hearts and flowers and chocolates stuff. "

On second thoughts, I need the chocolate.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I am. I dream of coffee dates, cooking and cleaning together, talking about our busy days, and snuggling on the sofa in our pyjamas watching crap TV, making snarky remarks to each other which we laugh at.

*Sigh* maybe one day

over a year ago

im a quirky romantic... its not always obvious.

like ill buy someone i like a cream egg over flowers and dinner.

over a year ago

Really?

I am with you on this.

However sex is compulsory. Good sex. Every day. Or there abouts.

over a year ago

We both are to some degree but not hopeless. For one thing we found love together.

Sex can be fun with others yet we never play apart so such experiences enhance our love else we are both shaken by the experience together and will talk about it whichever way it goes.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

You don’t have to give everything to someone to be romantic x

I know that, I'm romantic but I'm not looking to give my heart away to anyone. Hopeless romantics want relationships "

Yeah I know what you mean. That’s how I feel.

By *bonybucksMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

I am lol

over a year ago

Really?

Who else is an hopeless romantic? X

Kylie, you've done it again

Some folk think you can't possibly have romantical thoughts being on a dating or a swinging site but that ain't the case here

I mean, a kick-ass sex life would be awesome too, just sayin'

"

I know! Like I’m constantly thinking of romance and all x

So it’s totally possible, and also enjoy sex

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Not a hopeless romantic but I’ve a massive heart and when I let someone in (this is rare) I’ll love them with all of it, I’m a bit of tough but to crack and I’m not obvious in my romantic ways, I like the little things rather than being showered with gifts or lavish dinners - someone that you can just lay in a bath with and chat shit or snuggle up to on the sofa and pig out and they don’t care what you look like in that moment as they see you for more than that - that feeling of complete contentment with no detriment to excitement is where the magic is, I’d bottle that feeling if I could. X

over a year ago

Me...

over a year ago

I’ll never be anything less than an old fashioned romantic.

I was lucky enough to have those qualities instilled within me by my dearest that grew up in an era where romance was expressed in way that seem long forgotten.

That’s very sad in today’s society to

But I’ll never loose my values or those little romantic qualities that I hold dear and that can make a huge difference.

For the right woman I’d do all of those, but this is fab so I keep my romantic side a little more reserved.

However for the right one I go all out, she wouldn’t walk down the road unless I was on the outside of the pavement.

The door would be opened for her.

Her chair pulled out at dinner.

Her favourite song playing when she walked in.

Flowers spontaneously sent to her work.

A note with them saying we had dinner booked at her favourite restaurant.

Just the little things mean so much to both in my mind.

But I’m just me

over a year ago

"i think romance will never die, as you say " someone that is proud to hold your hand while walking through town etc " , wining and dining, date nights, flower petals waiting on the floor leading to a candle lit bath etc, it's all about meeting the right person that has the same thought process as you "

Ha yes! I mean even just him holding my hand out and see him proud of holding it, is worth a lot to me x more than you would ever know

over a year ago

That magic, if somebody could bottle it up. Omg I’d be on that shit and shoot it up my arm right away ….

I was convinced you were going to say up your bum "

I mean, that was the other viable option

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I'm not romantic and I don't ask for romance from my other half either .

As long as there's love and care there ,that's enough for me.

over a year ago

"Not a hopeless romantic but I’ve a massive heart and when I let someone in (this is rare) I’ll love them with all of it, I’m a bit of tough but to crack and I’m not obvious in my romantic ways, I like the little things rather than being showered with gifts or lavish dinners - someone that you can just lay in a bath with and chat shit or snuggle up to on the sofa and pig out and they don’t care what you look like in that moment as they see you for more than that - that feeling of complete contentment with no detriment to excitement is where the magic is, I’d bottle that feeling if I could. X"

I agree with you lovely!

I also prefer the little things rather than being lavished in stuff. I mean it’s nice to be treated every now and then, but I find little thoughtful things more important.

I just want to feel special in his eyes x

over a year ago

Had to add to this though….it’s about being in the moment, giving everything so that they see how beautiful they are.

How they make you feel inside.

The moments where you don’t give a fuck who is around when you want to kiss them and be lost in a world where no one exists but just those two people.

So many ways that I’d feel like I’m writing war and peace and swamping the thread so I’ll be good

over a year ago

"I'm not romantic and I don't ask for romance from my other half either .

As long as there's love and care there ,that's enough for me."

what about a cream egg along with the messages?

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

what about a cream egg along with the messages?"

I don't like cream eggs

over a year ago

"Had to add to this though….it’s about being in the moment, giving everything so that they see how beautiful they are.

The moments where you don’t give a fuck who is around when you want to kiss them and be lost in a world where no one exists but just those two people.

So many ways that I’d feel like I’m writing war and peace and swamping the thread so I’ll be good "

That’s so beautiful. YES YES YES

over a year ago

I don't like cream eggs "

but a wee present is always nice isnt it,?

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

"Had to add to this though….it’s about being in the moment, giving everything so that they see how beautiful they are.

So many ways that I’d feel like I’m writing war and peace and swamping the thread so I’ll be good "

This…absolutely this xx

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

"Not a hopeless romantic but I’ve a massive heart and when I let someone in (this is rare) I’ll love them with all of it, I’m a bit of tough but to crack and I’m not obvious in my romantic ways, I like the little things rather than being showered with gifts or lavish dinners - someone that you can just lay in a bath with and chat shit or snuggle up to on the sofa and pig out and they don’t care what you look like in that moment as they see you for more than that - that feeling of complete contentment with no detriment to excitement is where the magic is, I’d bottle that feeling if I could. X

I agree with you lovely!

I also prefer the little things rather than being lavished in stuff. I mean it’s nice to be treated every now and then, but I find little thoughtful things more important.

I just want to feel special in his eyes x "

Aw bless you Kylie! You are a wonderful person with such a kind and genuine aura about you, anyone would be lucky to find themselves in your company! You are special xx

over a year ago

I don't like cream eggs

but a wee present is always nice isnt it,?"

Gifts yes, who doesn’t like to receive a gift that the other one has put thought and effort into?

But the main gift, the true gift is free….time.

Give your time and that’s far more precious than anything else.

That says that you care, you want that person to have your time.

over a year ago

So many ways that I’d feel like I’m writing war and peace and swamping the thread so I’ll be good

This…absolutely this xx"

over a year ago

I don't like cream eggs

but a wee present is always nice isnt it,?

Gifts yes, who doesn’t like to receive a gift that the other one has put thought and effort into?

But the main gift, the true gift is free….time.

Give your time and that’s far more precious than anything else.

That says that you care, you want that person to have your time."

Doesn't it depend on your love language? Yours is maybe service at a guess?

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I used to be a romantic, but I got hoodwinked too many times by false promises.

Now I'm a realist

over a year ago

That’s so beautiful. YES YES YES"

Awww thank you lovely, life is to short, those moments seem lost now a days.

They need a resurrection.

Who doesn’t want to make someone feel like they are everything?

Those that don’t then I wouldn’t hate.

More a case I’d feel sad for that they can’t feel and experience those beautiful qualities.

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

"Nah, romance is for saps and optimists"

For once I agree with you Amen

over a year ago

"Not a hopeless romantic but I’ve a massive heart and when I let someone in (this is rare) I’ll love them with all of it, I’m a bit of tough but to crack and I’m not obvious in my romantic ways, I like the little things rather than being showered with gifts or lavish dinners - someone that you can just lay in a bath with and chat shit or snuggle up to on the sofa and pig out and they don’t care what you look like in that moment as they see you for more than that - that feeling of complete contentment with no detriment to excitement is where the magic is, I’d bottle that feeling if I could. X

I agree with you lovely!

I just want to feel special in his eyes x

Aw bless you Kylie! You are a wonderful person with such a kind and genuine aura about you, anyone would be lucky to find themselves in your company! You are special xx"

thanks lovely!! X

Post new Message to Thread