Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Shopping for presents/gifts

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Im thinking about Christmas but this senario could be used for birthdays etc...

Do you go out with a list of specific presents in mind? or do you just allocate yourself a budget?

Im crap and need to be stricter with myself. I wrote out a list of what i wanted to get and because i found the perfect item half price i then when and spent what i would have saved on something that wasn't on my list

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

went not when* damm it lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I always have a ball park figure in mind but if I can get the perfect gift for a certain person at far less than I originally planned on spending then thats great, I don't then go spending the rest on them, I just pocklet the difference

By *aris23Woman
over a year ago

France

Definitely a list - with the shortage of spare cash around over the last few years one has to. No point using credit cards either and getting into debt only to spend the next year clearing it!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I am going to be boring here...I dont do pressies anymore and my family are totally ok with that. We feel that being a family together at Christmas, doing traditional CHristmas things, indulging in good food, playing some games, watching some old movies etc is all we need to havea good Christmas and tbh everybody has what they need, and if they dont they go out and buy it as and when they need it. I dont mind small gifts, thoughtful items .,...but I for one dont want to dust down another ornament, return an anwanted present in my life...

Apologies.. I really dont mean to put a downer on anybody else's fun... and I have no problem with other people doing things differently,it is just how my family and I have Christmas. We do have tons of fun though.

over a year ago

When I come across something that I know someone would need, like or appreciate, I would buy it, and give it to him/her when I see him/her next.

I do not believe one has to wait until special occasions in order to treat one's loved ones.

over a year ago

"I am going to be boring here...I dont do pressies anymore and my family are totally ok with that. We feel that being a family together at Christmas, doing traditional CHristmas things, indulging in good food, playing some games, watching some old movies etc is all we need to havea good Christmas and tbh everybody has what they need, and if they dont they go out and buy it as and when they need it. I dont mind small gifts, thoughtful items .,...but I for one dont want to dust down another ornament, return an anwanted present in my life...

Apologies.. I really dont mean to put a downer on anybody else's fun... and I have no problem with other people doing things differently,it is just how my family and I have Christmas. We do have tons of fun though. "

I don't think thats boring at all. My family are doing just that this year, we spent far too much on gifts for each other last year. My mum and brother have insisted on buying for my daughter but now we are all adults we are just going to have a big party, drinks, food and games.

Id rather have a card with words that mean something than a gift bought without thought

over a year ago

I only buy for my immediate relatives - mum, dad, sister, niece and nephew. But then my mum and nephew also have their birthdays the week before Xmas too. We just buy small gifts for each other, as Aphrodite said it's more about being together as family which only usually happens twice a year for us.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I found a present yesterday, looked at it, it made me giggle and bought it, had no idea what it cost, was actually a few pence, but was bought with a certain person in mind

Sometimes it's not the cost, it's the thing.

I recently designed and made a present for someone, cost little, but they knew it was for them and that was what was important

over a year ago

i always spend the same amount on people but will spend more on my son if i see something i like and i have got enough money, he likes nice clothes and hasnt got so much money as everyone else.

Post new Message to Thread