Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Shoeboxes for Soldiers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My eldest is a Scout and tonight she brought me home a letter from her Scout Leader asking if we could send some items to our soldiers stationed overseas.

If anyone is interested please message me privately and I can tell you where to send your items.

Items you could include in your shoebox or bag:

Small packets of sweets - NO chocolate / toffee they don’t last long in the heat!

Glucose sweets - polos / tic tacs etc

Moist wipes

Antibacterial hand gel

Cotton buds/ cotton wool

Tissues

Socks

Foot care items

Small talc

Face cloths

Soap

Roll on deodorant

Packets of dried noodles / Pot noodles

Savoury rice

Cup-a-soups

Portions of jam

Tea bags

Sachets of coffee

Chewing gum

Snack boxes of raisins

Breakfast bar type oat bars

Toothpaste / toothbrushes

Cereal

Mashed potato

300 ml bottles of irn bru / small cartons of juice - 200/250 ml

Biscuits

Crisps

Small tins of fish - pilchards / tuna / sardines

Batteries - AAA and AA

Playing cards

Pens / pencils

Dominoes

Puzzle books

Books

DVD / Cds

Sport and puzzles sections of newspapers

Sachets of:

Drinking chocolate

Sauces - red/ brown/ salad cream /mayo

Custard

And any other items which you thing might be wanted or needed but nothing which needs milk to use as milk is not easy to get where our troops are and also does not last long in the heat

Thank you for all your help.

Shona

x x x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What a fantastic idea.

i may mention this at work

over a year ago

hey hun u can still send choc its freezing out there at the mo lol ..thats such a lovely gesture u doin btw ..i sent my hubbys last one this wk he be home soon yah ! xx

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

yes good idea fill the boxes full of tickets to get them home!

over a year ago

Luton I really wish we could bring each and every person out there home safely I really do.

Pity we cant do what you suggest hun cos Im sure that would make many many families Christmas.

A quick note to all interested in sending parcels to our troops:

To comply with BFPO posting dates all parcels or parcel fillers must be received by the following date - Sunday 29th November

I also have the head office address of the Shoeboxes for Christmas appeal.

Please message me directly for it thank you.

Shona

x x x

By *iavelmanMan
over a year ago

Worcester

Please not socks! Stick to the other items and anything else you think would be a nice treat that would put a smile on the face. Good instant coffee and Carnation whitener are a good choice as well. Bags of Haribo go down well too. The mini versions of magazines are a good idea. Don't forget titles for the girls! With crimbo coming up a few simple decorations to brighten up the bedspace or a santa hat might be good too.

over a year ago

thanks shona i copied the list our shops doin it n each time i go in for fags whatever i put somethin in the box and kid doin the same with a wee bit off her pocket money each wk. most areas have some kind of collection and if it gives someone a wee bit festive cheer then it def a good thing xx

over a year ago

Thanks for your info Mznwty I have found since looking for info that many shops do collections but there arent any shops around me doing any kind of collection and if it wasnt for my eldest being in the scouts I still wouldnt know about it this year!!

We get collections for everything else at my kids school - last week it was send all your old clothes to them and they would be sent to a third world country and that was just the latest in a long line of requests but never have the school done anything for our troops!!

Mind you our kids school dont even collect tins for pensioners at harvest time I remember doing that every year when I was at school!!

Shona

x x x

Post new Message to Thread