Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Automatic renewals.....

Jump to newest

By *he love cats OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Wales

Are you glad of the backup or sick of getting caught out?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

South Wales

Untouched for 30 minutes yay, is that a record.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Untouched for 30 minutes yay, is that a record. "

Trying to work out which auto renewal. It's helpful for something's like car tax but insurance? Not so much unless you staying with same company having to keep calling them to cancel is a pain

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/04/22 20:36:39]

over a year ago

South Wales

"Untouched for 30 minutes yay, is that a record.

Trying to work out which auto renewal. It's helpful for something's like car tax but insurance? Not so much unless you staying with same company having to keep calling them to cancel is a pain"

Worse ones are the month's free trial and if you don't cancel they got you for another month.

over a year ago

"Untouched for 30 minutes yay, is that a record.

Trying to work out which auto renewal. It's helpful for something's like car tax but insurance? Not so much unless you staying with same company having to keep calling them to cancel is a pain

Worse ones are the month's free trial and if you don't cancel they got you for another month."

On the sites that require you to phone a number usually somewhere foreign too cancel your subscription because they don't give you the option to do it online

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It depends what it is. I was just thinking that I should check if our English Heritage membership is automatically renewed because I most definitely do not want to be doing that!

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Are you glad of the backup or sick of getting caught out? "

My car insurance was due for automatic renewal just this weekend actually, and rather than just let it renew, I did the trawl through the comparison sites, to receive a quote £20 more expensive than my auto-renew, for the exact same cover and options. So I stayed with the company I’m with

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I prefer it, any time I sign up to a new service or a trial, I always put a reminder in my calendar for the day before it expires in case I don't want to renew

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"

Worse ones are the month's free trial and if you don't cancel they got you for another month."

A little tip, cancel it an hour after signing up. You still get your free trial but don’t have to worry about forgetting to cancel and get suckered into the next month’s payment or more. If you like it just reactivate and pay

over a year ago

South Wales

"

Worse ones are the month's free trial and if you don't cancel they got you for another month.

A little tip, cancel it an hour after signing up. You still get your free trial but don’t have to worry about forgetting to cancel and get suckered into the next month’s payment or more. If you like it just reactivate and pay "

Good Idea, will do this next time.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Are you glad of the backup or sick of getting caught out?

My car insurance was due for automatic renewal just this weekend actually, and rather than just let it renew, I did the trawl through the comparison sites, to receive a quote £20 more expensive than my auto-renew, for the exact same cover and options. So I stayed with the company I’m with "

This year it has been quote common. My renewal quotes were cheaper than last year and also cheaper than what I could get elsewhere do I stayed.

Post new Message to Thread